Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808929 times)

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12060 on: May 07, 2010, 08:27:50 am »

Priority: Get the heaters into the station. A single hull breach can kill everyone not wearing eva suits by all the heat leaving the station.. and theres no way to create it short of explosions/engine-fire..

Actually that is really important..
We really do need that..
And possibly other warm stuff!

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: May 07, 2010, 08:48:18 am »

Never-Ever-Under ANY Condition-Hit-ShowTemp

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: May 07, 2010, 09:04:21 am »

Thats probably not a good idea, because now everyone if going to do it. What does it do? =P

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: May 07, 2010, 09:08:39 am »

Reminds me of an off-topic thought I had once, we should have those ATMs from Space Colony, if you've played that, and then we can actually earn cash over time, maybe 500 credits for every area we have access to. And let me remind you that no Sci-Fi game is complete without credits. =P

Would have something to talk about at the Watercooler, at least.
I remember that game.
They people get mad when I don't have an ATM for them because I replaced it with a shower or something because I frogot to place one before.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: May 07, 2010, 09:43:01 am »

Thats probably not a good idea, because now everyone if going to do it. What does it do? =P
Spams admin and host with temperature messages.
Same with stabilize atmos.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: May 07, 2010, 09:54:30 am »

Priority: Get the heaters into the station. A single hull breach can kill everyone not wearing eva suits by all the heat leaving the station.. and theres no way to create it short of explosions/engine-fire..

Do the firedoors block heat? I can see blocking off sections of the station with hull breaches as being a suitable solution for such a thing.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: May 07, 2010, 09:57:51 am »

I have merged my shit with the aryn(atmos) branch
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: May 07, 2010, 09:58:39 am »

firedoors do stop temperature from leaving the station, however it seems that 95% of the people who play on the bay12 server just blindly open firedoors without even closing them behind them anyway, so its not like they help.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: May 07, 2010, 10:01:55 am »

We need 'hull-breach' doors, then, which need access to open (preferably a Captain or Head Engineer access). Bam, problem solved.

Anybody who decides to walk into the frozen part of the station deserves to die, anyway.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: May 07, 2010, 10:04:18 am »

firedoors do stop temperature from leaving the station, however it seems that 95% of the people who play on the bay12 server just blindly open firedoors without even closing them behind them anyway, so its not like they help.
With the new atmos system it wouldn't help airflow will push them away and it takes all of 5 seconds for a room to depressurise

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: May 07, 2010, 10:04:41 am »

We need 'hull-breach' doors, then, which need access to open (preferably a Captain or Head Engineer access). Bam, problem solved.
... that would create its own problems... better to have firedoors close automatically after a few seconds or something..

With the new atmos system it wouldn't help airflow will push them away and it takes all of 5 seconds for a room to depressurise
Temperature change is slower then the depressurization.. i think...
Perhaps if the airflow would suck the idiot to a far quicker death then people would learn not to open firedoors.....Maybe up its pullforce or something..
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:08:08 am by Rift »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: May 07, 2010, 10:08:24 am »

... that would create its own problems... better to have firedoors close automatically after a few seconds or something..

What problems would this create? The fact that you can no longer access the route is a given.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: May 07, 2010, 10:10:18 am »

I assume you ment the doors could not be opened without a id all over the station at will, which would mean if someone force-dropped that door and had the captains/hop id, they could seal you off or themself off, far too easily, and it would be a far too easy way for a traitior or griefer to cause very large problems....

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: May 07, 2010, 10:11:27 am »

Presumably, the door would only activate in the case of a hull-breach (EDIT: Meaning a traitor or griefer has already caused massive problems). You would probably be able to weld your way through it, too.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: May 07, 2010, 10:34:47 am »

If you want, I can show the admins how to set up a station heater in Atmos. Should keep the station plenty warm.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 950