Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808906 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #12045 on: May 07, 2010, 02:22:14 am »

The "Job Kiosk" idea brought up, I thought that might work, its basically the same system, but the kiosk is turned on via a console in the bridge.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: May 07, 2010, 03:08:11 am »

Job Kiosk is good, although I would prefer a method where the captain or HoP can control what jobs people are given
Spawning randomly as the HoP in a round where the captain is missing and all hope is lost pretty much wreaks RP.

Also, greifers just spawn, bomb/shoot with laser/do crap, and leave
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:13:31 am by Googolplexed »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12047 on: May 07, 2010, 03:20:22 am »

Hmmm, the Kiosk could be made to ask people randomly chosen questions about the chosen job and if they get it wrong, they get no job? Or just implement my Camp of Tolerance idea/ STATE of Tolerance idea

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12048 on: May 07, 2010, 03:25:55 am »

I don't know, thats for you guys to decide, but if you really *must* have an easy way for getting jobs, thats a start.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12049 on: May 07, 2010, 03:28:54 am »

Well, if it makes the game more enjoyable for people with no major negative sides (apart from griefers but we can work on that problem and deal with them ourselves in the meantime) then it should go in or at least be seriously discussed.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12050 on: May 07, 2010, 04:28:28 am »

Which is why I liked data's ico system.
When we do PDAs, the captain and HoP should be able to assign people from afar, just modify their security/ID record and when the person inserts their ID into an ID modifier it should auto-update to whatever its been assigned to

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: May 07, 2010, 04:30:05 am »

When we do PDAs, the captain and HoP should be able to assign people from afar, just modify their security/ID record and when the person inserts their ID into an ID modifier it should auto-update to whatever its been assigned to

I'm keen for this, how ever, should one traitor or griefer get hold of this they could truely make the round un-playable (not so much the traitor as thats there job  ;D)

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12052 on: May 07, 2010, 04:31:56 am »

I'm keen for this, how ever, should one traitor or griefer get hold of this they could truely make the round un-playable (not so much the traitor as thats there job  ;D)
Yeah, thats why the person would have to insert their ID into the modifier, if they don't then their card doesn't get updated, so it works both ways, if the traitor was to erase everyones ID's, then all it would mean is that they shouldn't insert their card into an ID modifier, which isn't exactly a problem
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:34:15 am by Googolplexed »

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: May 07, 2010, 04:34:43 am »

I wonder what would happen if you Emaged a Kiosk... (super ninja moving kiosk shooting mainly janitor and the 1:100 chance of a captains card at people)

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: May 07, 2010, 07:59:46 am »

Okay, I'm just going to say my Idea on these ID things..
Personally I believe there should be a large terminal [Kiosk, Whatever] in the arrival corridor, and when you use it, it asks for your Name, Age, Fingerprints [There could be a scanner built in Nearby], Anyway.
These requests would get sent to a large Kiosk/Terminal thing elsewhere on the Ship, probably the Control Centre [Stations don't have Bridges. :P]
Where the Head of Personell or Captain gets it like a form, and can choose to assign their job and then create the security records and such.
Using this'll mean they don't have to have the Head of Personell Constantly running from the ship to the Arrivals, and such..

Also, throughout the ship could be smaller ID modification terminals, [I don't mean in the corridors of course] that would let the head of Personell/Captain , modify ID cards remotely.
For example, what you once thought was the chemist is a crazed idiot running around throwing Acid at everyone's face, just log onto the Terminal, and remove his access to the Chemists lab.

DO I MAKE SENSE?
If I don't it's because I'm ill..
Ohh yeah, I'm ill.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12055 on: May 07, 2010, 08:06:09 am »

Reminds me of an off-topic thought I had once, we should have those ATMs from Space Colony, if you've played that, and then we can actually earn cash over time, maybe 500 credits for every area we have access to. And let me remind you that no Sci-Fi game is complete without credits. =P

Would have something to talk about at the Watercooler, at least.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12056 on: May 07, 2010, 08:10:45 am »

Credits would be nice, but there'd be no real use for them, aside from, as you said, talking about them.
And if we were to add a use for them, then either it'd require a complete overhaul of how the station works, or there'd be so few of them that it just wouldn't be worth it.

Sorry..

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12057 on: May 07, 2010, 08:11:22 am »

Yeah, I know, was just an off-thought.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12058 on: May 07, 2010, 08:20:23 am »

I said sorry! Ahh! I feel so terrible! D:
It was a good idea!

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12059 on: May 07, 2010, 08:25:16 am »

Priority: Get the heaters into the station. A single hull breach can kill everyone not wearing eva suits by all the heat leaving the station.. and theres no way to create it short of explosions/engine-fire..
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 950