Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808736 times)

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11940 on: May 05, 2010, 05:35:49 pm »

yea the new one doesnt look to be too dangerous pulling-wise, provided you arent the one opening the door to space...
nothing like the near-black hole effect it had before [which in my opinion was amazing, cool and realistic]

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: May 05, 2010, 05:54:51 pm »

yea the new one doesnt look to be too dangerous pulling-wise, provided you arent the one opening the door to space...
nothing like the near-black hole effect it had before [which in my opinion was amazing, cool and realistic]
Yeah. That.

Server, anybody?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:33:21 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: May 05, 2010, 06:57:53 pm »

I managed to super freeze the station with a single grenade. I'm special.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11943 on: May 05, 2010, 07:08:58 pm »

Jesus, i spent the ENTIRE round messed up as the AI, mostly the captains fault, he kept messing with my laws.
i went from being basically by definition always forgetting everything.. to thinking i was emily dickinson... jesus..

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11944 on: May 05, 2010, 07:09:49 pm »

Well, he became a Capsicle, so karma works out in the end.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11945 on: May 05, 2010, 07:14:38 pm »

Yeah, Buffy Ann Summers was kind of griefing the AI that round.

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11946 on: May 05, 2010, 07:27:28 pm »

I had an odd, and creepy, dream with a bit of SS13 in it.
The quick summary of the small relevant portion was being turned into an AI.

Analysis for game additions:
The mechanic would have to be adjusted, but the end-result would work fairly well as a possible feature.

Only keeping the concept(human->bioAI), I would reccomend a constructable biological maintainence unit that would basically exactly fit a human, and connect to them in such a way that it supplies all their needs(food, water, temperature, air, pressure, waste removal(at least in name, and later if it is added), and anything else that comes up), and it links their mind with the station's computing systems. There could be an optionally enableable(while unoccupied) neurological enforcement mode that allows laws similar to the AI's to be set, but only from predetermined sets(Standard AI; Simply follow orders, rank determining what ones; Anything else you can think of).

Through such a device, a captain may take control of the station to assist in repairs, or with appropriate settings, turn a prisoner into a helper. As a safety precaution, I reccomend that it cannot be opened from inside while it has sufficient supplies(power, mostly) to maintain life support, and (again, only while unoccupied) could have a setting to disable exit even then. The device should sit in a nearly empty room(7x7 square with one wall added in each corner?) where you can clearly see a spread of cabling and pipes sprawl in all directions before merging into the rest of the station. Further units could be constructable, but would require stages of construction, the first to be placed on power and network feeds, and then connected to a pipe(or placed connected) before the biochamber is built, and should require many rare parts and quite a bit of time. It should have it's own gas accumulation tanks and a filter so that it only draws the gasses it needs from the pipe, and then has at least a few minutes of storage, but that can be compromised with a wrench. Other drawbacks should exist so that if you are to use it personally, it would be required to have a guard, while a malovent user can be easily stopped if direct access is available.
Eh?
Eh!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11947 on: May 05, 2010, 07:41:57 pm »

Server will be up in about 5-10 minutes depending on how long it takes top to compile the stuff.

EDIT: IMPORTANT NOTE HERE DAMN IT:
Dream Daemon seems to be having a crashing error when hosting the server, I think it happened when I updated to the current byond version, trying to fix this problem now.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:04:41 pm by Saint »
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: May 05, 2010, 08:23:55 pm »

Yeah, biological station Comps or brain uploading would be awesome. Be realy freaky if it worked in reverse. Can you imagine the Net Tech, a surgon, and the geneticist installing implants to let the AI "posess" a Mob? Especialy if they could be jumped into and out of by the AI at will. Monkey-drones away! What if it worked on non-braindeads? Would it be a punishment for crimes? The AI taking over thier body and stopping them if they try to re-offend? A traitorous or just totalitarian Captain reprogramming the AI to his own wishes and making implants mandatory? <shudder>

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: May 05, 2010, 08:34:19 pm »

Another important update:
Top seems to have done something to fuck it up and that is why it is crashing with our 382 zones...
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11950 on: May 05, 2010, 08:38:44 pm »

Yeah, biological station Comps or brain uploading would be awesome. Be realy freaky if it worked in reverse. Can you imagine the Net Tech, a surgon, and the geneticist installing implants to let the AI "posess" a Mob? Especialy if they could be jumped into and out of by the AI at will. Monkey-drones away! What if it worked on non-braindeads? Would it be a punishment for crimes? The AI taking over thier body and stopping them if they try to re-offend? A traitorous or just totalitarian Captain reprogramming the AI to his own wishes and making implants mandatory? <shudder>

The Jim Dandy: "Forgive me captain, but my needs are greater than yours."
Captain McCaptainshirt: "What are you talking abou-ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: May 05, 2010, 08:41:10 pm »

Yeah. thats the basic idea. The Captain probably would conviently find an excuse not to wear one though, if it were his idea.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: May 05, 2010, 08:51:02 pm »

Serba gogogoogogogogogogogo

Aryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: May 05, 2010, 08:53:18 pm »

[N2O] actually does that on the goon server, now. It was pretty funny, there was a leak, and I thought that there were monkeys chasing me around the station killing me, turns out it was, well, an N2O leak.

No, it actually doesn't. I've tested it. I do like the way they added giggle and laugh emotes to the effect, and the sleeping is much more like a pill overdose, where it turns the actual sleep button on. In this way, you can resist it's effects.

'Sides, I wanna be the one to code and implement hallucinations.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11954 on: May 05, 2010, 08:54:13 pm »

Server is up now join up.
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 950