Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808557 times)

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11865 on: May 04, 2010, 05:49:24 pm »

Well, Buffy's RP is terrible :P

I thought that stood to reason?
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11866 on: May 04, 2010, 05:50:24 pm »

Well, Buffy's RP is terrible :P
Really?
I played one round with them and they really pissed me off.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11867 on: May 04, 2010, 07:12:12 pm »

A nitpick on realism: n2o doesn't paralyze you instantly. Or at all. It makes you high.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: May 04, 2010, 07:31:54 pm »

yea, it would make you disoriented and deaden you to pain.. i have no idea how much it would take to knock you out.. but I can only imagine it would be rather extreme amounts... [It's also got a really quick half-life of 5 minutes.. so its not... really... scary...]

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: May 04, 2010, 07:32:09 pm »

High, clumsy, sleepy, and numb. It doesn't knock you out in SS13 either. It just keeps you lying down and stops you from using your hands. Maybe it should,however allow occasional movements and actions, but it should also blur vision as it tends to cause "dream-states" or mild hallucinations.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: May 04, 2010, 07:33:38 pm »

yea, i would like better hallucinations then the ones spacedrugs give too.. It always struck me as just.. kinda funky rather then actually bad or good..... You could always make it see ghosts or something..

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: May 04, 2010, 07:37:56 pm »

Damn, there's no server up? Sadface.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: May 04, 2010, 07:39:33 pm »

There was this film, Sunshine I think it was called, and they found this other spaceship thing. There was only one space suit so they rapped the other 2 guys in blankets then they let the air blast them out across space into the waiting airlock.

Could we get some sort of "research computer"? You would complete puzzles, riddles, equations etc then it would tell you which genes control what and also could produce "research material" that can be sent on the supply shuttle for more points.

Something like this happened in the modern version of Battlestar Galactica too, without spaceships.

We don't need a puzzle to figure out what genes control what, we've already got one, essentially. You zap a gene until its value is high enough to turn on a normal genetic disorder, pop the guy out of the cryo, and scan them with the analyzer to see what changed, if anything. If nothing turned on, it's a superpower, and you irradiate that gene some more until you pass the highest threshold for the superpowers, then pop them out again to see which one it is. If more than one turned on, something else had a random mutation from the radiation, and you go fix it and check them with the analyzer again. Once you've finished with that gene you pop them back in and disable any disorders (whether that one or any others due to random mutation), and move on to the next gene (and only certain genes can hold superpowers).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Pathos

« Reply #11873 on: May 04, 2010, 07:46:01 pm »

I'd really like to see a space hulk map for SS13. With genestealers that infect you as soon as they get a hit in. Something very combat orientated, but still with plenty of potential for roleplay as you guess who is infected.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: May 04, 2010, 08:15:23 pm »

A nitpick on realism: n2o doesn't paralyze you instantly. Or at all. It makes you high.

It actually does that on the goon server, now. It was pretty funny, there was a leak, and I thought that there were monkeys chasing me around the station killing me, turns out it was, well, an N2O leak.

Pathos

« Reply #11875 on: May 04, 2010, 08:29:46 pm »

Also, is anyone gonna host a server or not? =(

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: May 04, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »

I'd really like to see a space hulk map for SS13. With genestealers that infect you as soon as they get a hit in. Something very combat orientated, but still with plenty of potential for roleplay as you guess who is infected.

Remember, combat is not that great on SS13. Try and avoid it unless you have the drop on someone/

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: May 04, 2010, 08:32:59 pm »

I would host, too bad I am not in the dev circle.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: May 04, 2010, 08:33:19 pm »

Remember, combat is not that great on SS13. Try and avoid it unless you have the drop on someone/
Yea like an oxygen tank or taser.
Stunning them with a taser or knocking them out is the best way to get the upperhand.

Pathos

« Reply #11879 on: May 04, 2010, 08:35:06 pm »

Genestealers or whatever would be melee-only, and so it would be much easier for people going in. Half of it could be about getting the hulk powered up, too.

I would host, too bad I am not in the dev circle.

You just need hosting files, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 950