Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808562 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11850 on: May 04, 2010, 03:13:19 pm »

Wouldent brute forceing Jeykll take more chemicals then there are on the station? And a whole rounds worth of time? And... oh... sticking needles in your eye wont blind you if it's Jeykll... Who knew? And it seems most chemicals react diferently, or not at all when put in the head... funny...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11851 on: May 04, 2010, 03:16:26 pm »

I think there are JUST enough chemicals to brute force Jekyll, without using any other mixtures. The big problem is the lack of beakers.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11852 on: May 04, 2010, 03:17:05 pm »

Oh yeah...make a beaker box supply shipable.

Also, chemical pack, adds +3 of each chemical to the chemical machine it's used on.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11853 on: May 04, 2010, 03:22:45 pm »

You'd be better off using the genetics machine to give yourself superpowers.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Crimsonsabre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11854 on: May 04, 2010, 03:33:30 pm »

Hey, I'm Crimsonsabre, I used to be really active in the SS13 and Byond communities, about a year ago I dropped playing pretty much all the games.  A friend of mine convinced me to sit in as an admin on her NBotLS server and I needed something to do so I found SS13... then about 6 months later I stopped all together, and I'm back now...

ANYWAY!  I have also been coding the last year or so and I used to have an updated version of SS13 that I was playing around with... the couple months I've had in exile have given me some pretty cool ideas of new things to add onto SS13.

So, the main point I'm trying to say is, if anyone has a link to a new(ish) version of SS13 I would be VERY appreciative... I wouldn't mind tagging Bay12's name on there, mostly 'cause Slurm's servers are psychotic.  Email me the link, or just reply... don't mind.  Much obliged :D

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11855 on: May 04, 2010, 03:57:25 pm »

Hmm, two things I would like to mention.

1. Depressurization would, in essense, kill you with or without 02. No pressure on the body would essentially mess up blood flow, me thinks. A bunch of things depend on pressure in the body, if I could only think of some specific examples.

Anyway, I think getting flown out a window is a good enough punishment. Plus, its fun! If we have to have mag boots, me thinks they would have to be hard to obtain. Perhaps only found in EVA storage, and theres only three pairs, like electrical gloves. Also, when wearing, your speed is slowed down to about half walking speed.

2. Voice changers should stay the same, I think they're pretty balanced. If they have to be changed, I think they should cost 3 telecrystals, and work over headsets.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11856 on: May 04, 2010, 04:02:58 pm »

depressurization by no means kills you instantly.. in fact you can [provided you keep your mouth and eyes tightly covered, survive for a decent amount of time if vacuum is your only concern. [decent amount of time being measured in 10's of seconds]

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11857 on: May 04, 2010, 04:16:45 pm »

You have about 3 if it sucks the breath out of you.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11858 on: May 04, 2010, 04:27:45 pm »

How long can a human live unprotected in space? (http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970603.html)

If you don't try to hold your breath, exposure to space for half a minute or so is unlikely to produce permanent injury. Holding your breath is likely to damage your lungs, something scuba divers have to watch out for when ascending, and you'll have eardrum trouble if your Eustachian tubes are badly plugged up, but theory predicts -- and animal experiments confirm -- that otherwise, exposure to vacuum causes no immediate injury. You do not explode. Your blood does not boil. You do not freeze. You do not instantly lose consciousness.

Various minor problems (sunburn, possibly "the bends", certainly some [mild, reversible, painless] swelling of skin and underlying tissue) start after ten seconds or so. At some point you lose consciousness from lack of oxygen. Injuries accumulate. After perhaps one or two minutes, you're dying. The limits are not really known.

You do not explode and your blood does not boil because of the containing effect of your skin and circulatory system. You do not instantly freeze because, although the space environment is typically very cold, heat does not transfer away from a body quickly. Loss of consciousness occurs only after the body has depleted the supply of oxygen in the blood. If your skin is exposed to direct sunlight without any protection from its intense ultraviolet radiation, you can get a very bad sunburn.

So in fact, without any internals at all, you can likely survive completely aware of your surroundings until the lack of oxygen makes you lose conciousness. So its really not the vacuum that knocks you out. The closest thing that every happened to a real human had him stay concious for about 14 seconds. So realistically we should be fine for around the same amount of time.. then we should pass out and have injuries pile up for 1-2 minutes then die.

with a oxygen supply the problem is completely different... and full of tons of problems.. i don't know if your lungs can even work in vacuum, but they would definitely expand and rupture and you'd have insane internal bleeding from your lungs basically expanding like crazy.... If there was a pressurized seal between your mouth/nose/eyes and the oxygen supply.... it might? work.. It's not something thats been tested... But i have serious doubts it would extend your conciousness/life much..
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:42:14 pm by Rift »

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11859 on: May 04, 2010, 04:37:26 pm »

There was this film, Sunshine I think it was called, and they found this other spaceship thing. There was only one space suit so they rapped the other 2 guys in blankets then they let the air blast them out across space into the waiting airlock.

Could we get some sort of "research computer"? You would complete puzzles, riddles, equations etc then it would tell you which genes control what and also could produce "research material" that can be sent on the supply shuttle for more points.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11860 on: May 04, 2010, 04:49:17 pm »

There was this film, Sunshine I think it was called, and they found this other spaceship thing. There was only one space suit so they rapped the other 2 guys in blankets then they let the air blast them out across space into the waiting airlock.
Yea, the guy who went unconcious in 14 seconds after being exposed to extremely-near-vaccum was prefectly fine once he re-pressurized [no injuries at all]... so its prefectly relatisitic to be fine in space for 14 seconds, basically naked.

Mini-games are fun, but i would focus on chemistry sooner then genetics... Chemistry always struck me as a crapshoot unless you know the recipe before hand... You can "use" real world chemistry, but with the exception of the things you can find recipes[on pennyarcade or the like] for anyway, thats not that useful...  So a better way to "research" chemical formulas would be cool.... Doing it to genetics as well would work, but i rather have it done to chemistry first.. you could also throw in beverage making for the bartender as well..

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11861 on: May 04, 2010, 04:51:17 pm »

Server died.:'(

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11862 on: May 04, 2010, 04:53:51 pm »

Server died.:'(

We were doing a monkey round.

I was having fun blaming people for bad RP, then realising their RP was alright. =/
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11863 on: May 04, 2010, 04:55:22 pm »

Well, Buffy's RP is terrible :P

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11864 on: May 04, 2010, 05:34:04 pm »

The closest thing that every happened to a real human had him stay concious for about 14 seconds. So realistically we should be fine for around the same amount of time.. then we should pass out and have injuries pile up for 1-2 minutes then die.

This, but figure out the point where someone is as good as dead unless he can be teleported into a working cryo chamber instantly, and cut it off there. Staring at the black screen of unconsciousness for two minutes detracts from the game experience, since you can't do anything or hear anyone.

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!
Pages: 1 ... 789 790 [791] 792 793 ... 950