Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808278 times)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11715 on: May 02, 2010, 02:48:33 pm »

But surfing the MULEBOT as a wizard is exactly why it's awesome.
And the rubbish chutes are awesome too. Especially when you track a traitor who escaped through one.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

White Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Puppeh? (also stabs)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11716 on: May 02, 2010, 03:21:19 pm »

I don't know what is going on around me! I can't figure out how to talk and people are teleporting everywhere!

I think I should go hide in a corner.
HUNGRY PROGRAMMER NEEDS BANDWIDTH. FOOD UNIMPORTANT.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: May 02, 2010, 03:27:00 pm »

I don't know what is going on around me! I can't figure out how to talk and people are teleporting everywhere!

I think I should go hide in a corner.

Sounds like a fairly boring round.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: May 02, 2010, 03:57:57 pm »

I always use MULEbots correctly.

Also, the Supply Station seceded from the rest of the station. LONG LIVE CARGO UNITED!

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: May 02, 2010, 04:57:32 pm »

OpenSS13's code might be quite a bit different; It went off on a bit of a tangent which differs quite a bit from the forked goon code, when I started implementing player and AI remote-controllable robot drones. I had to implement a means to make the player see from and control another entity, see the HUD interface for it, etc, while still allowing the player to be killed and interacted with and be seen as human, and have the player's character still BE the player (rather than the robot be it) as far as the game was concerned. The player's control and vision was simply displaced. Anyways that required changing a bunch of things.

I did complete that. I did not get the bugs all out of the robot. It could throw its tools, and the "AI use" button when it was being used by the AI, which was a crazy bug, had trouble *using* doors, but not hacking them, etc.

It had a collection of toolbox tools, the multitool, and could use objects, and a gripper for picking things up and throwing them and the like, but otherwise could not do most things humans could. You could send it into hazardous areas, though. It was immune to gas, space, temperature, etc, IIRC.

That was the last thing I was working on before leaving SS13 in 2008. It's in the openss13 svn right now, actually, and the most up to date version of the code for it that I had made is in their svn, I think.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:00:18 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: May 02, 2010, 05:32:19 pm »

The AI needs more direct ways of traitoring, so with this and the super secret new change coming, it could be fixed.
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: May 02, 2010, 06:06:53 pm »

The AI needs more direct ways of traitoring

What's wrong with it right now? Also, define "direct" as you meant it there.

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: May 02, 2010, 06:12:02 pm »

Direct: 1. Ways to kill people.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: May 02, 2010, 06:13:17 pm »

Every update we get to the station, should the updates be electronic in nature, gives the AI better ways to traitor.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: May 02, 2010, 06:19:03 pm »

The AI really doesn't have any way to kill people. I mean seriously ever since the doors auto open when you walk into them electrifying people doesn't even work anymore. *walks into door, doesn't open* "AI why did you bolt this door?"....It's sickening.

Also used to have N2O in brig to help, you could attempt to get everyone inside the brig then gas them. Now it's gone.

The AI has 3 options:

1. Slowly drain the atmosphere and hope no one notices all the atmos alarms, people dieing, and airlocks opened.

2. Wish for a griefer to come by and blame everything on him. Which usually doesn't work

3. Try to get everyone to kill each other then suicide.

Either get rid of the objective where you have to kill everyone/make them leave the station, or give the AI a way to kill people.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11725 on: May 02, 2010, 06:21:44 pm »

1. Slowly drain the atmosphere and hope no one notices all the atmos alarms, people dieing, and airlocks opened.

From what I saw of the new atmos speed, Slowly isn't an option anymore.
Eh?
Eh!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11726 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:06 pm »

Not atmos, I mean opening airlocks and let space slink in. Atmos can't suck air out and unless you get the atmos guy to flood the pipes with CO2 1 canister isn't gonna be enough.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: May 02, 2010, 06:36:07 pm »

Incidentally, if your yelling about a bomb threat, don't be surprised when the HoM shows up outside your window and bashes it in.

AI does need a touch of help though. I mean, the only gas it can control is CO2, which is lethal, but slow. Should have some method of N2O release though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: May 02, 2010, 06:37:09 pm »

N2O? Seconded. Theres more reason for an AI to have N2O out anyways. (Traitor/riot control)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: May 02, 2010, 06:38:19 pm »

Perhaps if the manual levers on the pipes were replaced by electronic ones which the AI could control. Even then, it would make more sense to flood with plasma, since it'll overwhelm gas masks (I'm assuming N2O won't).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 950