Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807943 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11550 on: April 29, 2010, 03:19:39 pm »

As much as the prison staion is close to my heart, it just got mined out and replaced with one working radio on a killer station while ailens vs preds have an epic fight while the humans try to hold them off with assault rifles and night vison. If this were to happen i would recomend jobs that start on the mineing place i.e mining captain, miner, refiner, smelter, saftey advisor, mine firefighter and other cool as stuff. DO IT I WILL LOVE YOU FOR EVER.

EDIT: And this game would look awsomely like dead space

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11551 on: April 29, 2010, 03:19:47 pm »

Would the game run smoother if you removed the entire prison station?
Nope.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: April 29, 2010, 03:21:01 pm »

I've never seen anyone sent to the prison station. Ever.

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11553 on: April 29, 2010, 03:23:08 pm »

The prison station DOES give me an excuse to throw people out the airlock in the brig.

"Where's Ronkiv"
"I sent him to the prison station"
"Oh OK."
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11554 on: April 29, 2010, 03:27:50 pm »

The prison station DOES give me an excuse to throw people out the airlock in the brig.

"Where's Ronkiv"
"Oh OK."

Technically true. TraseNet approves of your honesty.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: April 29, 2010, 03:28:37 pm »

"Where's Ronkiv"
"Oh OK."

Yes i think i remember that happening to me once.  :D

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: April 29, 2010, 03:29:14 pm »

I've never seen anyone sent to the prison station. Ever.
I was the captain.  I was locked up and thrown into the prison station, but nobody was banned for it because the admins were the ones to lock me up.  All it is is only a very sophisticated form of grief.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11557 on: April 29, 2010, 03:38:23 pm »

Probably because it needs an actual staffing.  People drop off prisoners and leave them there.

There used to be three prison staff occupation choices too.  Prison Warden, Prison Security Officer, and Prison Medical Doctor.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: April 29, 2010, 03:39:42 pm »

First, Head, to fix Window's updates problems, go to the update manager, and play with that. What I did was download it when I wasnt using the computer, took a couple hours on my connection, but it was out of the way, nethertheless.

Also, to make the prison station viable, just simply make the shuttle arrive faster. The real problem, is that it takes forever to get there. 30 seconds is a good enough time frame to get from A-B. Also, Prison needs to have "auto running" solar panels, so AI doesnt get spammed with power alerts.

The basic problem is that the prison station is too distant from the actual station. It needs to be more integrated. Simply reducing the shuttle time helps.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: April 29, 2010, 03:41:56 pm »

Mass drivers can send a mob past the prison station, correct? Perhaps a catch arm to snag lockers launched from the brig that contain high end prisoners who shouldn't go back on the escape shuttle, but whom we don't want to execute, which should be everyone. There should be a way back, and with the ladders we could probably make some form of break in on one of the maintenance tunnels while still keeping direct access impossible.

And orb, no, that doesn't work. This is a Vista problem. It downloads automatically, then at a random time pops up and says "Hi, click here to delay for 10min/1hour/4hours. If you don't click, we'll reset in 5 minutes." Naturally if your trying to run a server, it just reboots.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: April 29, 2010, 03:44:53 pm »

Server comeing up.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11561 on: April 29, 2010, 03:52:08 pm »

Mass drivers can send a mob past the prison station, correct? Perhaps a catch arm to snag lockers launched from the brig that contain high end prisoners who shouldn't go back on the escape shuttle, but whom we don't want to execute, which should be everyone.

I SEE NO POSSIBLE WAY THIS COULD GO WRONG

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: April 29, 2010, 04:01:55 pm »

Something I forgot to mention. When people are 'braindead' you could add something to when you examine them (similar to the "their eyes are closed as if sleeping")

Though, it's easy to tell who's braindead anyways just when they talk... but still...

As for the "nothing can go wrong" that's why it's only used for prisoners... I guess.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: April 29, 2010, 04:05:25 pm »

Mass drivers can send a mob past the prison station, correct? Perhaps a catch arm to snag lockers launched from the brig that contain high end prisoners who shouldn't go back on the escape shuttle, but whom we don't want to execute, which should be everyone. There should be a way back, and with the ladders we could probably make some form of break in on one of the maintenance tunnels while still keeping direct access impossible.

And orb, no, that doesn't work. This is a Vista problem. It downloads automatically, then at a random time pops up and says "Hi, click here to delay for 10min/1hour/4hours. If you don't click, we'll reset in 5 minutes." Naturally if your trying to run a server, it just reboots.

Hmm, I own Vista, and I dont get that. Maybe my settings are differant, or something. The problem with mine is that my connection is slow, so downloading automatically isnt fun.

Also, something can go wrong with every device on the station. Thats the point of the game.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: April 29, 2010, 04:06:21 pm »

As for the "nothing can go wrong" that's why it's only used for prisoners... I guess.

Security Officer: "Alright, the high-security prisoner that we need you guys to interrogate is coming your way."
Prison Engineer: "But the power to the claw's out!"
Security Officer: "...oh shit."
Prison Engineer: "Aaaaaaaand there he goes."

Call it situational if you will, but it's hella funny.

Pick Yer Poison

Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 950