Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807944 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11400 on: April 27, 2010, 10:19:00 pm »

We've had Pickaxes forever. Floirt Made them, I believe.

Also, what is this Job kiosk?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11401 on: April 27, 2010, 10:20:07 pm »

Possible addition to automate job giving in absense of HoP/Cap, since no one bothers giving assignments anymore and I have to go make trouble for capt/hop.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11402 on: April 27, 2010, 10:25:37 pm »

Hm, I can see that working, but it should be activated in the bridge, maybe.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11403 on: April 27, 2010, 10:31:44 pm »

What about three assistant level ID's?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11404 on: April 27, 2010, 10:49:26 pm »

The AI can also assign jobs if the captain and HoP are too busy being dead. Each noob just needs to stick eir card in the computer, and the AI can log in to to the console to modify it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11405 on: April 27, 2010, 10:51:21 pm »

First, that chapel is AWSOME, second, this fourm is growing at an amazing rate, I go to school and come back, its grown what? 10 pages? It's quite cool realy.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11406 on: April 27, 2010, 11:13:31 pm »

The AI can also assign jobs if the captain and HoP are too busy being dead. Each noob just needs to stick eir card in the computer, and the AI can log in to to the console to modify it.

I tried that earlier today, actually. It doesn't work, because it requires you to confirm your ID card, instead of hitting "Log in" like other consoles.

Also, where's da servah? D:

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11407 on: April 27, 2010, 11:33:35 pm »

Yeah, the AI isn't allowed to use the computer.
Also, Goons isn't so bad once you learn to hack mulebots.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11408 on: April 27, 2010, 11:38:14 pm »

I think the AI can use the computer if an ID is left in the machine, but at that point, anyone can use it too.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11409 on: April 28, 2010, 12:15:43 am »

Possible mining arc. Also, i was about to say that the job kiosk shouldn't give out the dangerous jobs, then I remember my antics as a lawyer and chuckle about the idea of nondangerous jobs.

If this were to happen, i would likely stop doing all other gaming stuff and do this... Mineing exsplosions, traitors destroying people over there, only one working long range radio to contact main station, mineing gear, cave ins, mine "insanity", the list goes on

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11410 on: April 28, 2010, 12:41:10 am »

Quote from: NanoTrasen Orientation Manual
Welcome to Mining Bay Station 12 slave valued employee.

Station 12 is currently comfortably anchored in the gravity well of a jovian gas giant moon, and serves as a research station for future application of the sector's main export. Plasma gas.

While the research station itself does not have any gas siphoning equipment to harvest the gas giant's rich atmosphere (hydrogen, helium, and of course, plasma), it does however follow NanoTrasen Corporation's guidelines regarding its "Rape The Universe" policy... A continuation of its "Rape The Earth" policy, pre-space age. By operating a mining outpost on the moon's surface, where rich ore deposits fills the ever increasing needs for mineral resources back on the overcrowded hive cities of old Terra Firma, (Earth) Mars and other colonies. As well as cutting costs for NanoTrasen's metal needs.

We are proud to announce that there have been no fatal accidents on the outpost for almost... five two days.

Remember: We CARE...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 12:51:51 am by Cajoes »
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11411 on: April 28, 2010, 12:44:19 am »

Theres your centcom history page...

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11412 on: April 28, 2010, 01:08:30 am »

Well actually it's more of a background for the station itself. The wiki's backstory is much more comprehensive.

Though: Am I to assume that there is no sapient alien life in the universe, or that no sapients have come knocking just yet?
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11413 on: April 28, 2010, 01:27:13 am »

Depends who's roleplaying, for a while we had a person who roleplayed a Quarian, so I suppose it's up to the players.

Codewise and canonical story-wise, we're afawk alone, so the answer is undetermined.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11414 on: April 28, 2010, 01:38:05 am »

I tried that earlier today, actually. It doesn't work, because it requires you to confirm your ID card, instead of hitting "Log in" like other consoles.

What? It used to work; It worked in the last version of the AI code which I had in openss13 (Hell, I just loaded it up in dream daemon, logged in twice, and tried it just to make sure. The AI doesn't have to confirm their identity by clicking the '------' line, they just click 'log in' and it goes straight to the modification stuff.).

The relevant code is (or was):

in obj/machinery/computer/card's
attack_hand(mob/user)
Code: [Select]
if (href_list["auth"])
if ((!( src.authenticated ) && (src.scan || (istype(usr, /mob/ai))) && (src.modify || src.mode)))
if (istype(usr, /mob/ai))
src.authenticated = 1
else
if ((src.scan.assignment == "Captain" || src.scan.assignment == "Head of Personnel"))
src.authenticated = 1
else if (!href_list["print"])
if ((!( src.authenticated ) && (istype(usr, /mob/ai))) && (!src.modify))
usr.client_mob() << "You can't modify an ID without an ID inserted to modify. Once one is in the modify slot on the computer, you can log in."

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 [761] 762 763 ... 950