Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807918 times)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11385 on: April 27, 2010, 09:09:18 pm »

A prox N2O bomb I made vanished when triggered. Just Beep-Beep and it was gone. No gas, no nothing. I'm not sure if it was welded. I think so.

EDIT: I also heard something about AdminBot. What's the joke?

If it was welded, nothing should happen. N2O isn't explosive.

Shouldn't inert gas still leak from welded bombs? All welding does is disable backflash protection.
Also, I said the bomb VANISHED without exploding.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 09:13:08 pm by Matz05 »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11386 on: April 27, 2010, 09:21:04 pm »

Yes that is normal. Weird, but normal.
Welding = for explosion
Skip welding = gas leak + fire
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11387 on: April 27, 2010, 09:22:05 pm »

I know it's normal, but its still unintended (right?)

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11388 on: April 27, 2010, 09:24:46 pm »

I don't know anything about Adminbot, but I had the suspicion he wasn't going to return my id. I also assassinated the monkeys by half opening a wall and opening a door. They all got slammed into the wall. Then I buckled myself in a chapel chair and broke the windows.

AdminBot is simply the stand-in for the HoP when the station is crumbling towards its end (usually ten seconds into the session) It punches cards and scares people shitless with its inhuman behaviour (IE: it doesn't attack you. Or shout for security. Or try to turn you into a monkey. Or force drugs down your throat. Or arrest you on sight... And always wishes you a nice day.) and nothing else. Otherwise we'll just have a whole arrival shuttle full of dead and or dying assistants.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11389 on: April 27, 2010, 09:27:43 pm »

I know it's normal, but its still unintended (right?)

No clue...I think its because gas doesn't normally need to be released in an explosion. Things are dead anyways.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11390 on: April 27, 2010, 09:28:28 pm »

Is AdminBot a person or an NPC? A person right?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11391 on: April 27, 2010, 09:29:52 pm »

Deleted self first?

Except that that shouldn't happen.

The last thing that bombs should do is delete themselves, so maybe that bomb had such a low power that it *should* have survived, but didn't?

Also:

"Here at CentCom, we respect the religion of your local chaplain. As such, we have fitted the chapel with equipment for all major religions, real or imaginary.
Both a cremation room and a mass driver have been provided, so that you may use whatever suits your religion, as well as enough spare coffins for a station of vampires, if that is what you want. We have also included a general-purpose altar, for both holy and unholy uses. If any corpse leaves a mess, a closet of cleaning supplies is available by the entrance. Finally, there are four general-purpose private rooms, use to be decided by your chaplain.

Here is a preliminary mockup. Most furnishings and such have yet to be added, but rest assured that they will be present on the actual station."

"Have a nice day, and please refrain from sending angry religious beings to smite us, we are only the CentCom Religious Design Devision, and have to please everyone..."

Eh?
Eh!

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11392 on: April 27, 2010, 09:35:44 pm »

Is AdminBot a person or an NPC? A person right?

Yes, we sat down and programmed a fully sapient heuristic Eliza module that can process ID cards. Instead of getting the atmospherics physics down to a T.*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11393 on: April 27, 2010, 09:38:36 pm »

Expected as much. NPC HOPS would be doable, but the chatbot problem would be annoying. Maybe an AI controled kiosk?

Costume give any benefits? good armour?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11394 on: April 27, 2010, 09:49:01 pm »

I know the devs were thinking about a job kiosk...maybe one that only gave not taken jobs? Anything else would require an HoP/cap.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11395 on: April 27, 2010, 09:52:00 pm »

Deleted self first?

The last thing that bombs should do is delete themselves, so maybe that bomb had such a low power that it *should* have survived, but didn't?
It's always been like that....

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11396 on: April 27, 2010, 09:52:26 pm »

Expected as much. NPC HOPS would be doable, but the chatbot problem would be annoying. Maybe an AI controled kiosk?

Costume give any benefits? good armour?

Half-decent, can take at least a few blows with a pickaxe to it before its wearer crumbles. But intense temperatures seems to cause it to dissolve. But then again, so does most items in this game. It does not come with a helmet however.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11397 on: April 27, 2010, 09:55:42 pm »

Deleted self first?

Also:

"Here at CentCom, we respect the religion of your local chaplain. As such, we have fitted the chapel with equipment for all major religions, real or imaginary.
Both a cremation room and a mass driver have been provided, so that you may use whatever suits your religion, as well as enough spare coffins for a station of vampires, if that is what you want. We have also included a general-purpose altar, for both holy and unholy uses. If any corpse leaves a mess, a closet of cleaning supplies is available by the entrance. Finally, there are four general-purpose private rooms, use to be decided by your chaplain.

Here is a preliminary mockup. Most furnishings and such have yet to be added, but rest assured that they will be present on the actual station."

"Have a nice day, and please refrain from sending angry religious beings to smite us, we are only the CentCom Religious Design Devision, and have to please everyone..."

This is a lovely chapel.. No.. Cathedral.

I should sprite some stained glass reinforced windows.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11398 on: April 27, 2010, 09:57:32 pm »

Pickaxes? Ive seen some spawned but... WHAT THE HECK do we need pickaxes for?

(Incoming mining arc?) :D

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11399 on: April 27, 2010, 10:16:38 pm »

Possible mining arc. Also, i was about to say that the job kiosk shouldn't give out the dangerous jobs, then I remember my antics as a lawyer and chuckle about the idea of nondangerous jobs.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 950