Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808275 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11205 on: April 25, 2010, 03:38:14 pm »

Now that it is possible, maybe a prototype with incomplete piping as well... Players will be creative.
Eh?
Eh!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11206 on: April 25, 2010, 03:47:21 pm »

Server comeing back up.

someone decided that turning of my computer was a good idea.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11207 on: April 25, 2010, 04:25:29 pm »

someone decided that turning of my computer was a good idea.

Maybe they were just turning it towards the sunlight so that it could generate more solar power? :3

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11208 on: April 25, 2010, 06:58:54 pm »

man is the whole hunger/thirst thing really annoying, it makes everything insanely slow [since there isnt anything to eat or drink..]

//well maybe the tiny amount of food in the bar helps the first person who gets it.. but its not like that will last.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11209 on: April 25, 2010, 07:22:00 pm »

Yeah, we need better access to food and water, this stuff is getting ridiculous.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11210 on: April 25, 2010, 07:47:00 pm »

Well, if it seriously is that bad, I give you permission to admin-spawn as much as needed

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11211 on: April 25, 2010, 07:48:40 pm »

That's a stop-gap solution, we need an either really large or unlimited (provided you actually work to obtain it) supply of food and water.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11212 on: April 25, 2010, 07:50:12 pm »

yea, maybe i should rephrase it to "this is really bad guys, this makes the game significantly less fun, and makes people unhappier in general with no silver lining or plus side at all, please remove the hunger/thirst 'feature' until a way of quenching an entire crews thirst/hunger for hours on end is avaliable."

edit: i'm not suggesting that it should not require some effort to keep a entire crew fed, however the possibliity of feeding the crew is kinda essential... since you go from not-hungry to starving in like 15 minutes.. Even if there was only one person on the station, he would starving before a hour is up... plus.. you know... water would be nice.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:56:40 pm by Rift »

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11213 on: April 25, 2010, 08:02:03 pm »

Yeah, look, this is running off head's branch of the code, I don't have any control over it atm.
I know its that bad, but in theory its a good feature, and I think we will keep it, but the implementation atm is really really bad

First, it should not effect the player for atleast half-an-hour, and then it should just be an asthesic effect (Stomach growling)

There should be a few food/drink dispencers around the station(Head already has some of the code for that) .
Once thats sorted, it might just add a little bit of RP

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #11214 on: April 25, 2010, 08:04:51 pm »

What's this? The hunger/thirst system didn't work out because there's hardly anything to eat or drink?

I CALLED IT! THAT'S RIGHT, GRAKELIN CALLED IT! GOGOGO GRAKELIN GOGOGO!! WISH YOU'D LISTENED TO HIM NOW, DON'T YOU?!

/gloat

Joking aside, if we're going to have a hunger/thirst system, we need to make sure we've added in a large amount of other 'living' facilities, which means actually adding to the station itself. What we need is some sort of kitchen/eatery (we have the bar, which I suppose we could convert). It might even help if there were some crew quarters with food and drink stored in them.

This also opens up a new way of dying, when the security officer guarding you in the brig buggers off and everybody forgets about you and you die.

Whose idea was it to have a hunger/thirst system anyway? Haven't you guys ever played any Warcraft III mods? It's never fun.

I still think if we're adding food and drink, we need to determine how fast time actually moves in SS13 world. If it's in real time, we don't need to be actively eating and drinking, since it is very unlikely any game will last long enough to starve our characters.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11215 on: April 25, 2010, 08:34:44 pm »

More work has been done on the wiki, filling in pages.  There're tons of pages left to fill in, so please, anyone who can please do consider adding some entries!
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11216 on: April 25, 2010, 08:36:50 pm »

I've an idea! A hydroponics area. Yeppers, and for water-Maybe implement peeing, and make bathrooms available around the station. This would simulate water recycling. Whenever someone pees, a bottle or 2 of space water gets added to a drink machine.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #11217 on: April 25, 2010, 08:48:10 pm »

Why not also expand pipes to carry liquids? Then you had better hope that an atmospherics technician doesn't wonder what "wastewater" means, or the vents will leak puddles(janitor-puddles, so that nothing new must be added?). Also, give such puddles a response to temperature, possibly including adding steam as a gas, so that the puddles evaporate into steam and leave behind flammable waste. That way, you could literally dispose of waste into the engine and let it burn. Some of the waste should burn off(and add to the firelevel), but the steam should reduce the firelevel, so it is a good idea to extract it. There could be water pipes, used infrequently, that connect from the engine to a storage tank, and from that tank to a few water fountains. Smaller jugs could be available from the supply shuttle, and used to top off the tank. Some water would be used to flush toilet-waste(giving a created waste ratio roughly equal to what is turned back into steam/water in the engine).

And all of that would make absolutely no difference as far as improving the game.
Eh?
Eh!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11218 on: April 25, 2010, 08:52:41 pm »

Yeah, just more busy work. This seems rather foolish, IMHO.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11219 on: April 25, 2010, 08:59:45 pm »

Speaking of puddles, it would be nice if there were The Sims-styled puddles instead of turning the tile slightly more blue. That way it's easier to tell what area is wet or not, and just look nicer in general.

Then add more kinds of puddles... like vomit puddles.
Pages: 1 ... 746 747 [748] 749 750 ... 950