Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808347 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #11160 on: April 24, 2010, 09:16:13 pm »

http://www.twiigs.com/poll/Health/Pregnancy/53717
VOTE HERE!
Um, what ?

Also, the SS13 source was decompiled years ago, I think that DM has probebly had alot of changes to prevent it since then
And about a license, we are technically in no position to set one, and no-one would look at it anyway

For a the inclusion of the prototype hunger system.

rather should it stay or go?.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: April 24, 2010, 09:19:33 pm »

Know your source history? Apparently the original source was lost, and only recovered through a decompiler.

There are still residual GOTOs where a break, continue, or return should be.
Thought I heard something like that.
How about a version, pre-git, with a major feature removed, and countless hidden BS12 messages to clearly identify the version as unofficial?
I agree with the last, but maybe only one of the other two? Even if both are needed though; it's a step in the right direction.

Also, why do laser guns do Brute damage and not Burn?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:21:09 pm by Matz05 »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: April 24, 2010, 09:23:12 pm »

Side note: The prototype engine itself is almost an exploit, which is why it was intentionally incomplete when I designed the first version of it on the original map (I don't know if it was left incomplete about on your map, haven't visited the prototype engine on it yet). By having only a couple reaction squares all the reaction mass is concentrated into those squares. Since the engine floor is fireproof, it doesn't break no matter how hot it gets, and the more oxygen and plasma in a square the hotter the square gets, and the hotter the square gets, the more energy output you end up with, essentially. (I built the first prototype engine on the original map after looking at the fire code, and thinking "Hey, you know, that means the entire engine is horrifically inefficient... What if it was designed like this instead...". It's only called a "prototype" for RP purposes, of course.)
Our current prototype has never been used to my knowledge. Technically, it would be far more effective then the current engine, but its a hassle to get to and doesn't seem to do as well as the old one.

Like I said though, I've gotten the entire station to hit 10 trillion degrees before. Well, except the walls, they were cool, but all the air was so hot it SHOULD have melted everything instantly.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: April 24, 2010, 09:25:58 pm »

I voted yes, assuming that it WORKS.
Y'know, if done right it could be a interesting concept.. And it's always interesting to make hotspots, and giving uses to otherwise useless things.
Heck I also approve of a Fatigue/Sleep meter, where Resting would increase it slightly, sleeping quite a bit, and sleeping on a bed would increase it a lot.
But that's just me.

TL;DR [Because it's totally necessary]
Get Food & Drink Working.
Then add it.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: April 24, 2010, 09:33:35 pm »

The two things I am most eager to see: Modular, programmable robots (move towards this, away from that, use this on that, use the other one when beside this, etc.) and FOAM. I read funy stories about the Goon version and additives. I say we should at least have a metal foam. It should make walls that can be meleed out of existance.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: April 24, 2010, 09:46:38 pm »

No mention of me (ronkiv)

who kept busting out the first timer traitor.

You're Raitov, I just had the wrong name.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: April 24, 2010, 10:34:40 pm »

Hey hunger and thirst sounds great, thats a vote YES for me  ;D [Average smilies huh?]

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: April 24, 2010, 10:51:32 pm »

I shall begin drawing food and drink?
Or should I keep playing the mount and blade demo more because I don't have 30$ to shell out my ass?
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: April 24, 2010, 11:27:30 pm »

If we're going to do hunger and thirst, make sure there is food and water EVERYWHERE.

Nothing worse than being in an intense discussion with somebody about who you think the killer is and then saying "Oh, hey, hold on, need space beer".
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: April 24, 2010, 11:35:36 pm »

If we're going to do hunger and thirst, make sure there is food and water EVERYWHERE.

Nothing worse than being in an intense discussion with somebody about who you think the killer is and then saying "Oh, hey, hold on, need space beer".
I don't know, that sounds pretty dwarfy.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: April 24, 2010, 11:37:47 pm »

There shouldnt be food and drink everywhere, only in the bar to give it a purpose.
I like a thirst and hunger system although right now you are getting thristy way too quickly, as it stands every 5 minutes you have to get a drink, make it take longer.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: April 24, 2010, 11:39:31 pm »

You support the idea of keeping it all in the bar now, but when somebody griefs the entire station in one go by blowing the bar into a million little pieces, you will rue the day you ever decided to have a hunger/thirst system.

A hunger/thirst system also opens up the question of how fast time in SS13 moves. Clearly, it's not in real time, or we could go the whole game without eating or drinking.

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: April 25, 2010, 12:05:25 am »

I started playing security roles recently, for one reason- One frequent player has been exhibiting very anti-social and disruptive behavior, where every round I have seen him finding some method to grief. Oh whoa what a surprise I had, finding out who plays Ronkiv.

Edit-- to stave off the pending retort before it starts: He is above all laws. We are his playthings, only here for his amusement. Now chastened, I withdraw my observation.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 12:09:05 am by Dyjeccu »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: April 25, 2010, 12:11:56 am »

We need a ingame clock system. Ie. in the status bar where the emergency shuttle timer is showed, below it display the time. This could allow for RP events, meetings, secret meetings in private, etc. Also, make it a food/water dispenser in the bar, arrivals, tool storage, medbay, by the AI upload, and in supply shuttle room.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: April 25, 2010, 12:39:30 am »

I started playing security roles recently, for one reason- One frequent player has been exhibiting very anti-social and disruptive behavior, where every round I have seen him finding some method to grief. Oh whoa what a surprise I had, finding out who plays Ronkiv.

Edit-- to stave off the pending retort before it starts: He is above all laws. We are his playthings, only here for his amusement. Now chastened, I withdraw my observation.
...No Comment. And yes, I know who Ronkiv is.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 950