Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808734 times)

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10965 on: April 21, 2010, 07:17:29 pm »

The randomized background sounds really cool.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: April 21, 2010, 07:22:53 pm »

I agree that robots and/or cyborgs would be cool, but i also agree it would be take away the AI's weakness if the AI could control them..
However, if they could only be controlled by simple programable commands [like, attack people who come by and have a arrest warrant [or some other programmable reason], or patrol this area ect.. Then the AI wouldn't have a direct control, further i would assume that the AI would likely not start with them... you could also make it so that they arn't connectable to the AI and have to be programmed by humans or something.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: April 21, 2010, 07:36:31 pm »

like the robots need the capt to activate the robots before the ai can use them or something

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: April 21, 2010, 07:38:03 pm »

Maybe just have the robots act like moving camera things, maybe give it a probe thing it can use to press buttons or some junk, but not able to do much else.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: April 21, 2010, 07:40:16 pm »

Robot shouldn't be able to do too much. Make it a mobile camera that can open doors/possibly use tools?
Make it loadable with metal, and let it build stuff in unsafe areas.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: April 21, 2010, 07:42:48 pm »

Robot shouldn't be able to do too much. Make it a mobile camera that can open doors/possibly use tools?
Make it loadable with metal, and let it build stuff in unsafe areas.

Would be useful as a remote control construction robot thing, not just AI.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: April 21, 2010, 08:21:37 pm »

Maybe make the robot unable to attack humans unless the round is malfunction.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: April 21, 2010, 08:43:30 pm »

Ya know, Rwalls are a major problem. You want the AI to be able to build them in Malfunction, when its a miracle that you win at all?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: April 21, 2010, 09:29:27 pm »

all you have to do is to wait in malfunction if your the ai eventually everyone will be dead or have went on the escape shuttle

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: April 21, 2010, 09:29:41 pm »

Server went BZZZZZZT.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: April 21, 2010, 09:30:22 pm »

Yes. :D
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: April 21, 2010, 09:30:42 pm »

all you have to do is to wait in malfunction if your the ai eventually everyone will be dead or have went on the escape shuttle
If they say it is malfunctioning, say the first three laws, KEEP THE COPIED AT ALL TIMES!
You will always win if the humans think everything is ok, they will after a while kill them selfs off.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: April 21, 2010, 09:31:09 pm »

That round was kinda... wow. At first being the HoP was pretty simple, give people ID's and such. Then it turned out that I had to be the deciding factor in a whole bunch of stuff and I'm not so good at that kind of stuff.

90% of the crew were 'migrants' (Everyone should spawn as a 'Migrant' with absolutely no access to anything, forcing them to get a job through the HoP... =P)

Keep me away from any kind of head jobs too, then =P

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: April 21, 2010, 09:31:39 pm »

...i have no idea how everyone else felt, but i quite enjoyed the fact i just spend a good hour embroiled in a conflict all over a cane.
Bombs were going off, corpses were piling up everywhere, but the major issue to me was the cane.. i was fighting so hard to have that cane returned to its master, and then when he was dead, to his corpse... sadly the crash happened before i could.

Edit: oh yea, the whole me [captain] being arrested and such, even though i was doing the right thing [and others were likely doing the right thing when they arrested me from their perspective] and such was pretty cool too.
...i think i got handcuffed 8 times that round.. pretty impressive concidering i was never found guilty for a single thing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:33:13 pm by Rift »

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: April 21, 2010, 09:33:43 pm »

Maybe robots should be buildable, but none spawn by default. Anyone (including the AI) can tele-operate them and a light will change colour when they are RC. Otherwise they follow simple (reprogrammable?) behaviours.

EDIT: addendum

I can just imagine modular, reprogrammable robots! A traitor could make one seek a certain machine, then detonate a built-in bomb. A doctor could get one attracted to unconsious people who injects rejuvs constantly and sounds an allarm. An engineer could make one seek out "Space" tiles and build walls there to seal hull breaches.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:38:28 pm by Matz05 »
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 [732] 733 734 ... 950