Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809233 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10515 on: April 15, 2010, 07:53:18 pm »

Right now bans seem to be hard to manage since the banlists are put in the repo and thus are always changing.  I think eventually we're wanting to move to a centralized MySQL database for managing bans and administrators, but that is easily months away.
I like that idea.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: April 15, 2010, 07:54:18 pm »

Suggestion-Whenever someone gets revived via genetics they auto-return to they're body. This should eliminate alot of braindeads, as some people are such noobs or are viewing something else so they don't see themselves getting revived. It's hard to gauge whether or not you should rev someone alot of times, and I think implementing this would help. I know about the verb, but still.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: April 15, 2010, 08:05:40 pm »

The maze is pretty fun.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: April 15, 2010, 08:27:16 pm »

Mono124 Requires a genetics guide so he can make super powers when he feels like it.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: April 15, 2010, 08:29:52 pm »

NO.
Plus super powers are randomized each round.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: April 15, 2010, 08:30:41 pm »

I know that, but every time I get all the super powers, the person also is deaf, stumbles, and is epileptic.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: April 15, 2010, 08:36:59 pm »

Note I use random names because I've had problems where no one would grief me in game because they knew who I was. Wit a random name, there is a good chance I'll be run up to and toolboxed, as opposed to the other denizens of the statoin, which makes it much easier to filter out griefers.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10522 on: April 15, 2010, 08:42:46 pm »

I have an untested implimentation of a "zombie gene" that is produced as an XOR of monkey and hulk. The intention is to make messing with the undead a very unexpected and hard to reproduce endevor, but the payoff is that if they conquer the undeath, they have a vastly better system of revival than the monkey/human cycle. It needs ENABLE_ZOMBIE_GENE to be true to work, however.

Also, as a bonus, I added NO_MONKEY_REVIVE that, if #define'd to true of any sort will cause the death state to carry over after transformation.

So, two options in setup.dm where changing a 0 to a 1 on either will radically affect the ability for players to revive each other.

The implementation is as I mused long ago, N bits of a bitmask are set, and if (HULK ^ MONKEY) & bitmask is either 0 or the bitmask itself(all 1), it alters the victim, all 0 dezombifies, all 1 zombifies.

Those would probably be the most valuable injectors possible, when paired :)

I know that, but every time I get all the super powers, the person also is deaf, stumbles, and is epileptic.

Then you are doing it wrong.

Each set of 3 hex-digits making up a gene affects one power(except, when my newly submitted code is enabled, attempting to monkey or hulk can create an unwanted zombie...), so what you must be doing is setting them all on.

However, some of them give disabilities rather than powers.

Since they are randomized each round, you must figure out what gene corresponds to what power/disability, and *deactivate* the disabilities while *activating* the powers.
Eh?
Eh!

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: April 15, 2010, 08:44:19 pm »

Note I use random names because I've had problems where no one would grief me in game because they knew who I was. Wit a random name, there is a good chance I'll be run up to and toolboxed, as opposed to the other denizens of the statoin, which makes it much easier to filter out griefers.
I forgot you were an admin for the first bit and went "wuuuuuuuuuuut why does he want to be griefed o.o"

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: April 15, 2010, 08:47:00 pm »

I have an untested implimentation of a "zombie gene" that is produced as an XOR of monkey and hulk. The intention is to make messing with the undead a very unexpected and hard to reproduce endevor, but the payoff is that if they conquer the undeath, they have a vastly better system of revival than the monkey/human cycle. It needs ENABLE_ZOMBIE_GENE to be true to work, however.

Also, as a bonus, I added NO_MONKEY_REVIVE that, if #define'd to true of any sort will cause the death state to carry over after transformation.

So, two options in setup.dm where changing a 0 to a 1 on either will radically affect the ability for players to revive each other.

The implementation is as I mused long ago, N bits of a bitmask are set, and if (HULK ^ MONKEY) & bitmask is either 0 or the bitmask itself(all 1), it alters the victim, all 0 dezombifies, all 1 zombifies.

Those would probably be the most valuable injectors possible, when paired :)

Then you are doing it wrong.

Each set of 3 hex-digits making up a gene affects one power(except, when my newly submitted code is enabled, attempting to monkey or hulk can create an unwanted zombie...), so what you must be doing is setting them all on.

However, some of them give disabilities rather than powers.

Since they are randomized each round, you must figure out what gene corresponds to what power/disability, and *deactivate* the disabilities while *activating* the powers.

How do you activate them though? From the guides I have seen, I activate them, but from the works of others they don't have the same blueprint as the guides at all.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:38 pm »

Some wierd person named "Mikey3001" somehow managed to connect to my server when it was set to invisible, no idea how they got the URI for it o_O

Anyways, continuing to update the code for taking map images, FINALLY *actually* fixed the engine computers, and fixed more bad p_dir variables in the pipes/etc

On that note, qwerty, do your pipes still randomly use h_dir instead of p_dir, and if so do you have any idea why the hell heat pipes use h_dir and normal pipes use p_dir?  I can't figure it out and it just makes no sense to me.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: April 15, 2010, 09:24:53 pm »

I am currently super sick and am prob. going to be staying home from school 2morrow.
Depending on how much pain I am in and usualy can ignore a great deal there-of will be able to hopefully do a lot of spirite work.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:34 pm »

<sarcasm=true> Surrrreee your sick. </sarcasm>

<sarvasm=false>Hope you get well soon!</sarcasm>
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: April 15, 2010, 10:46:48 pm »

Und down. Rather hilariously short zombie round in which the head zombie ran into the engine to convert a guy. Capt set himself and me, a security officer, on fire.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sixteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: April 15, 2010, 11:20:48 pm »

About the genetics thing, I agree that there needs to be an overhaul. The superpowers, especially tele when paired with xray, are really overpowered. But it shouldn't be too high a priority because the random gene stuff really makes it harder. If you are going to overhaul it, an idea would be to make the powers more subtle of linked with other stuff, like the hulk is linked with random item dropping. Don't ask me how to do genetics, it's complicated and overpowered.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 950