Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809176 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10455 on: April 15, 2010, 03:10:59 pm »

OH GOD DRAMA.
No, electrocin or w/e was askin' us to go to your server. I said I was pretty sure I'd flamed you (I don't think I did) about having numbers in yo name. That's all.

Why do pepole do that?
just join and like HEY GUYS CHANGE SERVER PLOX.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: April 15, 2010, 03:19:26 pm »

Yep, thats me.
What was your character called? I should be able to remember you better if you tell me that.
Danny Larson.

Zyzarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: April 15, 2010, 03:25:11 pm »

Hey Head i didnt know you were headswe

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: April 15, 2010, 03:26:19 pm »

http://www.byond.com/members/DreamMakers?command=view_tracker_issue&tracker_issue=1325

Map will be forthcoming probably before this is fixed, but maps will be easier to generate after this bug is taken care of.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: April 15, 2010, 03:26:29 pm »

Well, I slightly remember the name, but it doesn't jump out at me, as in, I've never had any problems with you on my server, so, I recommend Mr. Dervin here be unbanned, and all that fun stuff.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: April 15, 2010, 03:40:04 pm »

words can't be quoted because out of habit Saint still uses IE.
Bunch of stuff Saint said, he also uses IE. XD

Your off on a quite bit there, unless im not fully educated on my problem.

1. Dial-up = 25kbs, not 2mbs. Concidering theres 1000 k in a m(pretty sure), it will take me 250x longer than most people. Hour update for you? Well, its going to take me 10 days.

2. Offline Mode = Good?. Not if you want to actually PLAY the games when you get them. As I said before, you cant -actually- play the games till their updated. It wont let you, not at all. The team at Steam didnt even put a "I want my games NEVER updated", they instead put a "You can play your games offline, only when they are fully updated at the moment you put Steam in offline mode". Want to play a new game with Steam, well you have to put Steam in online mode again, and update all your games all over again. Yay.

3. Play the game without Steam. You cant play the game without Steam. I have yet to find a way, and the only option seems to hack into the stuffs, but I dont even know how to do that. You uninstall Steam after installing the game, it wont start. You cant start the game without it being updated either, because it first updates before the game even starts running. Offline mode? Oh yah, you cant put that on till its updated.

4. Buy Retail. All the games I buy are retail. They force you to install Steam. Its not like its optional or anything.

Yes, I know I'm going way off topic here, but its really irratating how they cant put simple features in to please the minorities. Im also posting this ramble to see if someone knows a way to play a game without Steam. So far, my only solution is to unhook my tower, go to work, update, than put it in offline mode, as I have said before.

"Edit" Also, all my favorate game series are becoming intergrated into Steam. Supreme Commander 2, Empire: Total War, Ect. So not buying Steam games would make me reletively unhappy. =/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:46:56 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: April 15, 2010, 04:22:24 pm »

Now you know.

changelog

lighting no longer fucks with the toolbox/bag etc window and intent click bar has been fixed

Edit: Dervin has been unbanned.

Edit2: supcom 2 sucks.

Edit3:Right click and choose never update this game...
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: April 15, 2010, 04:26:04 pm »

Now you know.

changelog

lighting no longer fucks with the toolbox/bag etc window and intent click bar has been fixed

Edit: Dervin has been unbanned.

Edit2: supcom 2 sucks.

Edit3:Right click and choose never update this game...

Im pretty sure I tried that. You have to have it fully updated. I may be wrong, though. Feel like a complete idiot if I am.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: April 15, 2010, 04:34:47 pm »

Cool, thanks.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10464 on: April 15, 2010, 04:41:24 pm »

E: Oh, I see, qwerty commented out the "fix" because it caused some obscure problem or another.  K, I'll take that into account when I fix this.

It's more of a latent future issue, since outright deleting the pipeline ruins the plnum on the pipes, since the array is reorganized to fill the gap.

If the problem was that it made one more pipeline than needed, it is no longer an easy fix to remove the empty one, since pipelines are now added mid-game sometimes.

The best fix(that I just added) is to ensure that setterm() only proceeds if there is at leas one node, since setterm is short for "set termination", and the purpose of that is to ensure that the node1 and node2 vars on the pipes are oriented in a certain order, with node1 toward the "first" pipe, and node2 toward the "last" pipe, in a particular pipeline, regardless of orientation.

Edit: clarification: The ruined plnum isn't *currently* referenced after the point where the 0-pipe pipeline would be removed, but the fact that it isn't used right now does not ensure that it will never be used later, so it is better to design the pipes with the possibility of an empty line taken into consideration rather than just assume that it never happens.

Also, since when pipe removal is added, that code can't guarentee that it won't accidentally setterm on an empty line...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:44:28 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: April 15, 2010, 04:43:52 pm »

That and it's a slow as hell piece of crap DRM.

That's not elitism smartass, It's saying that you are able to contact them there, That's like saying you have to contact me on MSN because I don't have a X-fire.
It's not elitism.
And two, steam is the best damn DRM there is, it doesn't treat those who actualy buy their games as pirates and criminals.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10466 on: April 15, 2010, 04:53:22 pm »

One advantage of steam's downloads is that it can seamlessly resume them later, so you could leave it to update an non-updated game while you play something else, and then set that game to not automatically update. Repeat for each game, and within a month, you would hopefully have everything playable withhout neeeding a faster connection.
Eh?
Eh!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: April 15, 2010, 05:03:22 pm »

One advantage of steam's downloads is that it can seamlessly resume them later, so you could leave it to update an non-updated game while you play something else, and then set that game to not automatically update. Repeat for each game, and within a month, you would hopefully have everything playable withhout neeeding a faster connection.

Yah, I actually though of that. Problem is, I heard the Empire: Total War update was 2 gigs. I cant do 2 gigs on my speed, it take years. Thanks for the suggestion, anyway. I was reacting strongly, since I read somewhere someone suggested moving the servers to Steam or something.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: April 15, 2010, 05:16:24 pm »

You Couldn't move the servers to steam.
It's a byond based game plus it would have to be integrated into the steam server system by valve.
It won't happen.
Well seems I can't play until someone elss hosts as head doesn't seem to want to update his ban list.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: April 15, 2010, 05:18:04 pm »

E: Oh, I see, qwerty commented out the "fix" because it caused some obscure problem or another.  K, I'll take that into account when I fix this.

It's more of a latent future issue, since outright deleting the pipeline ruins the plnum on the pipes, since the array is reorganized to fill the gap.

If the problem was that it made one more pipeline than needed, it is no longer an easy fix to remove the empty one, since pipelines are now added mid-game sometimes.

The best fix(that I just added) is to ensure that setterm() only proceeds if there is at leas one node, since setterm is short for "set termination", and the purpose of that is to ensure that the node1 and node2 vars on the pipes are oriented in a certain order, with node1 toward the "first" pipe, and node2 toward the "last" pipe, in a particular pipeline, regardless of orientation.

Edit: clarification: The ruined plnum isn't *currently* referenced after the point where the 0-pipe pipeline would be removed, but the fact that it isn't used right now does not ensure that it will never be used later, so it is better to design the pipes with the possibility of an empty line taken into consideration rather than just assume that it never happens.

Also, since when pipe removal is added, that code can't guarentee that it won't accidentally setterm on an empty line...

Don't fix the issue in setterm(), since then process() also crashes from a division by 0 (/ numnodes).

I found the issue in the map and fixed it there.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 950