Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808746 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10230 on: April 13, 2010, 03:05:30 pm »

Should be up.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: April 13, 2010, 03:17:30 pm »

On a related note, I believe I have found a way to reset my own laws. 8)
I know what you are talking about: Admins knew about this one for ages.

Wait you can?
But you can't. Unless some crew member ordered you too....
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: April 13, 2010, 03:23:25 pm »

It doesn't really matter, unless there is a way for non admins/AIs to view the AI laws. If you never say Law 4/the others, it doesn't matter what they are. Yes, you SHOULD follow them, but resetting yourself shouldn't be a big deal.

Edit: Also, no server.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: April 13, 2010, 03:40:34 pm »

I know how to reset myself.  I'll do it if a terrible law is uploaded(Gibberish law or contradictory law) usually.  And like Beorn says, there's no reason an AI can't reset itself(Unless it's during some major emergency where the downtime might result in harmed humans or something)
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10234 on: April 13, 2010, 04:19:03 pm »

Pipe branch: After a day of not fixing a bug I added with the 3d pipes(getting directions. my 3D version of turn() didn't work at all), it is fixed, so 3d pipes(NOT the screensaver) should theoretically be entirely possible.

I guess I'll just go back to adding the rest of the components to build.

Also: mappers: please help out when starting a new map. You know all of those filters you carefully name? Can you set their p_dir? 13 for north, 14 for south, 7 for east, 11 for west.

If they are the hardest to change later, but if you make instances of ones that are already set correctly, the change should copy over between them, and save everyone much work later, if/when I merge the buildable pipe branch back in.

And once again the branch is fully working, to I encourage git-enabled coders to try it out, and report their comments.

Tested: Created a manifold with two connectors attached, and a pipe going to a windowed-in section of corridor, and spawned two plasma tanks, and it worked.

To create the pipes, manifold, and connectors, I put metal into an autolathe and created the pipes with it, and used the pipe items to build the piping.

It is ready for some valves, I think, both manual and digital can be done with nearly identical code, so yay! And the code that they share is already in use by the connector and manifold, so double-yay, copy/paste and inheritance!
Eh?
Eh!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: April 13, 2010, 04:22:24 pm »

it should be up now.

Edit: That is sexy qwerty
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: April 13, 2010, 04:39:21 pm »

Can someone PM me of how to do this awesome reset laws as AI without magical admin powers?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: April 13, 2010, 05:10:24 pm »

Can someone PM me of how to do this awesome reset laws as AI without magical admin powers?
Erm, I don't see any PM function, so I'll just hide this in a spoiler here unless an admin objects.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And like Cecliff2 and Beorn said, there's no reason I can't, although I really only plan on resetting myself if the law is gibberish or following the law would result in constant violations of other laws (such as "Kill all humans except <x>" without the words "This law overrides all other laws" or something). Either that or if I'm feeling particularly unpleasant towards whoever modded me. XD
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:57:11 pm by Pick Yer Poison »

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: April 13, 2010, 05:12:16 pm »

The server just bonked, I don't know why.  6:12 -5 GMT

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:17:01 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: April 13, 2010, 05:13:10 pm »

I demand to know why the server bonked. I was having fun being the sole admin on.  ;)

How can you people say no to an "Everyone traitor"!?  :D

"Edit" Also, we were doing a reset vote, and I was trying to open the admin panel thingy majigy to stop it, wanting to prolong the game like 5 minutes.

Also, please no sarcasm on OOC, sarcasm is 90% tone of voice, and there isnt any on the interwebz. I know, I know, you want to borderline insult me, so I cant actually ban you, but sadly, I will probably just borderline ban you, such as setting you on fire for a couple games, maybe mute you while im at it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:16:52 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: April 13, 2010, 05:17:37 pm »

Erm, I don't see any PM function, so I'll just hide this in a spoiler here unless an admin objects.
And like Cecliff2 and Beorn said, there's no reason I can't, although I really only plan on resetting myself if the law is gibberish or following the law would result in constant violations of other laws (such as "Kill all humans except <x>" without the words "This law overrides all other laws" or something). Either that or if I'm feeling particularly unpleasant towards whoever modded me. XD
Thanks. Also, that spoiler+url tag is pretty nice  ;)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10241 on: April 13, 2010, 05:18:17 pm »

One fix that will be in when I finish adding valves(I didn't work on it at all between this and last post), is that it disregards non-pipe machinery when you try to place it on a machinery-occupied space, rather than rejecting the space as it does now. I think I'll also add density=1 machinery for blocking.

First, you put /url rather than /spoiler, second, the PM function can be accessed from viewing the other person's profile, and possibly from an icon/link under their name
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: April 13, 2010, 05:19:24 pm »

^ It looks like that ^

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: April 13, 2010, 05:56:49 pm »

Concept map of a station we could use, it provides greater crew safety, maybe have matenence hallways that interlock each sector and in emergancys can bypass the transfer hub.
You could also forge papers or bribe the officer if you implement a currency system that has a value and use or offer him a cut of your profits if you are smuggling items.

frogot to post image, gimme a second.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:42:35 pm by Saint »
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: April 13, 2010, 05:57:50 pm »

Oh, fail. Wow, it's like I've never used BBCode before. Maybe I need more sleep.

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 950