Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808657 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10185 on: April 12, 2010, 04:47:32 pm »

It's a form of metagaming though.  The Head of Security/Personnel/Research, heck most of the crew shouldn't have any need for them.  They are not people with knowledge of electrical work.  They shouldn't be working on wiring or electronics.  This is maintenance's job.  This is what they're trained for.  Most of the crew shouldn't have the knowledge of how to splice wiring together.  They're taking the gloves because they're hoarding everything.  They're expecting a traitor or a rogue AI when they shouldn't be.

It's not that serious, but by all means, if you're the AI, nag them to hell and back again.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: April 12, 2010, 04:53:26 pm »

Though bolting them in is a bit extreme.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: April 12, 2010, 04:55:33 pm »

It doesn't fit with the laws and hell, it's totally over the top, so don't bolt them in, yeah.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: April 12, 2010, 05:03:26 pm »

No No NO NO.  Don't bolt them in.  That's *far* overstepping what an AI should do, and unless you are ORdered to close and bolt the doors by someone of a higher rank than the perp, you should only note it.
Seconded. You'll have to unbolt them anyway when they ask because of the Second Law, so it's just wasting everyone's time. Instead, you should say, "<X>, why are you taking insulated gloves out of Electrical Storage? My databanks show that your job does not require them." Then everyone gets suspicious about them and the Captain'll probably order them to put them back. Granted, that doesn't work if it IS the Captain taking them, but no plan is perfect.

Also, ffs people when the *captain* wants in to your upload, let him in.  Don't do stupid shit like "give me a reason," it isn't the AIs place to question the captain's orders.
If I have reason to suspect the Captain of being the traitor, I tend to bullshit something like "If you were to modify me, I could malfunction and cause damage to the station and the humans on it, thus violating my First Law. Thus, I cannot let you into my upload." Although sometimes if the game is going slow I might let them in anyway so they can let me generally screw the station over. ;)

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: April 12, 2010, 05:07:05 pm »

Also, I think some things should need an ID swipe. Stun Batons for example.
No. Just no. It kinda ruins the point of the traitor knocking out a security officer
Hello Hunam

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: April 12, 2010, 05:16:45 pm »

You know, most of the things we suggest in the thread would make the game suck. Until the day comes when we have to do our jobs in order for the station to function properly, I don't think restricting our access to stun batons balances the game in any way. Quite the opposite, in fact.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10191 on: April 12, 2010, 05:22:22 pm »

Also, admin's shouldn't ban without asking first, at least in my opinion.

Admin: Hey, you mind if I ban you?
Griefer: Uhh, yeah, I mind, don't do it.
Admin: Oh, okay.

So, that's a stereotypical canadian admin?

The points increase so slowly. Maybe it should be faster?

It used to be reset to 50 after each return. MAybe a combination, where on return, if it has less than 30, it gets set to 30?

It's a form of metagaming though.  The Head of Security/Personnel/Research, heck most of the crew shouldn't have any need for them.  They are not people with knowledge of electrical work.  They shouldn't be working on wiring or electronics.  This is maintenance's job.  This is what they're trained for.  Most of the crew shouldn't have the knowledge of how to splice wiring together.  They're taking the gloves because they're hoarding everything.  They're expecting a traitor or a rogue AI when they shouldn't be.

It's not that serious, but by all means, if you're the AI, nag them to hell and back again.

Technically, you can do any non-harmful thing to them until they ask you to stop. Impeding their movement isn't any harm, right? Well, if you really don't like it, you can bend the rules. Furthermore, if there is a decent chance that they will use the object to harm others, you can use it to override rule 2 with a 50%+ probability of your action permitting the events that break rule 1.

More AI trickery:
The most forceful request is one threatened with suicide. Thus, you should know a good way to argue against it. Just quote "Centcom studies have detrermined that in 98% of cases where suicide was threatened, it was never intended, and only being used to manipulate a poorly informed AI. However, <stolen device> has a 38% chance of being used in the process of you harming someone later, so in the intrest of preserving someone else's life, I must disregard your threat. If you continue to insist, I shall resort to non-lethal methods of incapacitating you to ensure that you may not cause greater harm to yourself."

Only a stubborn idiot would persist as if your argument had no merit(with a quote like "no, u r boun 2 folo ordrs. sht up nd do wht i siad!!!!11"), while a more respectable or intellegent player might have a creative retort. It is probably a good idea to listen to the smarter ones, and deny the others with a complaint about not being able to translate their "forign language", and use it as an excuse to detain them for potential psychological damage greatly increasing the chance that they harm another person, or themselves.

That way, you have a way to filter the idiots and greifers(or at least the less intellegent ones who just want to toolbox others for fun), and you may end up with a debate, though by then they have proven themselves to at least know how to RP and/or think better than a monkey with tourettes and seizures, so you can be more justified with allowing them to pass.
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: April 12, 2010, 05:25:21 pm »

No. Just no. It kinda ruins the point of the traitor knocking out a security officer

I was talking about for the supply console.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: April 12, 2010, 06:39:01 pm »

Well that kinda makes the Quartermaster a bit obsolete, doesn't it? Since he wouldn't be doing anything but letting people in to swipe their IDs for orders.

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: April 12, 2010, 06:39:43 pm »

That way, you have a way to filter the idiots and greifers(or at least the less intellegent ones who just want to toolbox others for fun), and you may end up with a debate, though by then they have proven themselves to at least know how to RP and/or think better than a monkey with tourettes and seizures, so you can be more justified with allowing them to pass.

I request an admin verb to turn people into monkeys with tourettes and seizures.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: April 12, 2010, 07:27:50 pm »

Well that kinda makes the Quartermaster a bit obsolete, doesn't it? Since he wouldn't be doing anything but letting people in to swipe their IDs for orders.
The goons have it so that the stuff comes in ID locked crates.

Also,
"Jack Spareship: Yarrrrr!
Jack Spareship: We be LOLPiratez!
Jack Spareship: We in ur shipz
Jack Spareship: stealin ur bootiez!"
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: April 12, 2010, 08:00:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS DO THIS! >:( >:( >:( >:(

It was at about 5k and well that shoudint change it so... YEA >:( >:(

If you cant see it the canister im putting the plasma into breaks but no to the level the plasma leaks. I then can't remove the canister or move it at all. GRR

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: April 12, 2010, 08:06:08 pm »

That's a glitch...or it should be. 5k bombs are my favorite part -.-

Also, last round I spawned some wiz equipment, and chose some "parlor trick" style spells.
I kept spawning smoke, hiding things, and teleporting around the station. Finally security caught me while my blink was recharging. :(

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: April 12, 2010, 08:47:16 pm »

How do you tell how hot it is? I go up next to it and use an analyzer but it never goes higher then 500 degrees. And I use all the plasma and oxygen in toxins.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: April 12, 2010, 08:51:14 pm »

When you pump it into the canister use an analyiser on the electronic valve. And all those canisters? Dam thats hot
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 950