Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808635 times)

blueothello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10170 on: April 12, 2010, 03:59:09 pm »

Did I just get banned or has everyone just felt a MASSIVE lag punch. or has the server crashed.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: April 12, 2010, 03:59:48 pm »

Server is down.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: April 12, 2010, 03:59:58 pm »

Shall the AI nag anyone who takes insulated gloves and shouldn't have them? Like:

"HoS your job does not require insulated gloves, please return them"

No. I don't see why we feel the need to protect insulated gloves. I'm still completely untrained in all forms of electrical engineering because people see me playing with maintenance tunnel doors (typically without gloves, due to the rampant paranoia around them) and assume that I am conducting a plot to destroy the station, thereby giving them an excuse to get their grief on.

Theoretically, though, if somebody is doing something that might harm other humans, the AI's laws indicate that it should seal him off somewhere. Picking up gloves does not constitute as such. Shooting somebody might.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: April 12, 2010, 04:01:32 pm »

If the server is down, I can bring mine up.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: April 12, 2010, 04:03:32 pm »

Please do.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: April 12, 2010, 04:03:54 pm »

This has nothing to do with space station13 at all but is still amazingly epic.

http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/enviro-bear-2000/files/enviro-bear-2000/download/211/233/

Try it. It left me in stichs.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: April 12, 2010, 04:07:25 pm »

Shall the AI nag anyone who takes insulated gloves and shouldn't have them? Like:

"HoS your job does not require insulated gloves, please return them"

No. I don't see why we feel the need to protect insulated gloves. I'm still completely untrained in all forms of electrical engineering because people see me playing with maintenance tunnel doors (typically without gloves, due to the rampant paranoia around them) and assume that I am conducting a plot to destroy the station, thereby giving them an excuse to get their grief on.

Theoretically, though, if somebody is doing something that might harm other humans, the AI's laws indicate that it should seal him off somewhere. Picking up gloves does not constitute as such. Shooting somebody might.
Then play an engineer and poke around on the doors in the engine. there are three of them that are horribly redundant.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: April 12, 2010, 04:10:21 pm »

Electrical gloves preventing tasers? You do realise the HoM has a taser, and when hes about to get shot with a revolver, he shouldnt have to do a "OH CRAP!! My electrical gloves are on, I must switch hands, click the gloves, drop the glo- "Cog Swordwall was hit by the revolver"".

Also, you guys do realise electrical gloves can be ordered as supplies? If I am captain, I typically go straight to the supply council and order some right up.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: April 12, 2010, 04:14:56 pm »

If there's no electrical engineers on the station (there usually isn't) then I don't see a problem with people wearing the gloves. Neither is there a problem if someone's ordered a surplus. But they should be used by the people who need them, if they're on the station. Use your head to figure out who, but it's not a serious problem if people are taking insulated gloves.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: April 12, 2010, 04:24:43 pm »

Electrical gloves preventing tasers? You do realise the HoM has a taser, and when hes about to get shot with a revolver, he shouldnt have to do a "OH CRAP!! My electrical gloves are on, I must switch hands, click the gloves, drop the glo- "Cog Swordwall was hit by the revolver"".

Also, you guys do realise electrical gloves can be ordered as supplies? If I am captain, I typically go straight to the supply council and order some right up.
Oddly, the HoM's job is maintenece, not security. His taser is self defense, and if a smart traitor takes advantage of the fact that he leaves the gloves on, well kudos. You have a box and backpack, don't need to leave them on.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: April 12, 2010, 04:27:47 pm »

It's a form of metagaming though.  The Head of Security/Personnel/Research, heck most of the crew shouldn't have any need for them.  They are not people with knowledge of electrical work.  They shouldn't be working on wiring or electronics.  This is maintenance's job.  This is what they're trained for.  Most of the crew shouldn't have the knowledge of how to splice wiring together.  They're taking the gloves because they're hoarding everything.  They're expecting a traitor or a rogue AI when they shouldn't be.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: April 12, 2010, 04:34:16 pm »

Supply officer is awesome. That is all.  Except why do we only get 50 points to spend? It's so small!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: April 12, 2010, 04:35:44 pm »

But if you are an engineer, you should be wearing them. You are doing work on this kind of stuff regularly.

zchris, you get an infinite amount of points. Just wait...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: April 12, 2010, 04:42:42 pm »

The points increase so slowly. Maybe it should be faster?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: April 12, 2010, 04:47:01 pm »

I think it's fine...the station has most of the stuff you need anyways...

Also, I think some things should need an ID swipe. Stun Batons for example.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 950