Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808613 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10155 on: April 12, 2010, 12:34:25 pm »

Also, I mention this fairly constantly in game, but HEADS OF SECURITY DO NOT NEED INSULATED GLOVES!!! If you discover an electrified door, the proper thing to do is call for engineering. I propose we make insulated gloves prevent the use of batons and t/lazers. Head of Maintanence, yeah, hes head of engineering. Engineers, yeah. Supplies are being snagged way too often for my tastes, especially since there is no reason for people to run around in gas masks and firesuits all round.
Yesh! YESH! YESHHHHH!
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: April 12, 2010, 01:39:24 pm »

Second edit of my escape pod.
What should I improve on, I would like public imput on it, reaper said make it bigger and I have made it larger.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: April 12, 2010, 01:43:23 pm »

Make it aero-dynamic looking.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: April 12, 2010, 01:44:35 pm »

I like it.

i don't think would waste overly much cash on escaped pods.

i like the box look.

like salvaged container.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: April 12, 2010, 02:05:14 pm »

What should I improve on, I would like public imput on it, reaper said make it bigger and I have made it larger.

I'd remove the yellow "engine glow" since the pods have no engines, they're launched by mass drivers.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: April 12, 2010, 02:12:11 pm »

The pods do have engines and are pilotable.  Take one for a spin some time.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: April 12, 2010, 02:13:39 pm »

I'd remove the yellow "engine glow" since the pods have no engines, they're launched by mass drivers.
I figured that would be said, but then I figured if I removed it people would complain about  how you can "fly" the current pods straight by spamming the up arrow key.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: April 12, 2010, 02:15:55 pm »

Make it aero-dynamic looking.
It's an escape pod, not a airplane, space has no use for aero-dynamics as space has no air.
Aero-dynamics are only usefull on planets with an atmosphere as it deals with how the atmosphere flows with the body of the craft relating to drag and lift.

Where's the automerge?
>:(

I like green.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:30:36 pm by Saint »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: April 12, 2010, 02:20:49 pm »

Words of wisdom.

Also, I like the armoured look that pod has, it makes sense since in space as having enough armour to deflect small particulate matter is really important (even a speck of paint moving at a high enough velocity is like taping dynamite to a surface)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:22:52 pm by Sukasa »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: April 12, 2010, 02:30:47 pm »

Saint, I do know that...but it just seems....now spaceshippy?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: April 12, 2010, 02:37:00 pm »

I like it.  Whenever you're done, send one of the devs the .dmi file (or whatever format you're using) and we'll put it in

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: April 12, 2010, 03:15:16 pm »

Shall the AI nag anyone who takes insulated gloves and shouldn't have them? Like:

"HoS your job does not require insulated gloves, please return them"

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: April 12, 2010, 03:52:29 pm »

Aye, annoy the heck out of em, bolt em in even.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: April 12, 2010, 03:54:24 pm »

I, uh, am guilty of that, simply because I like having gloves on and if I have gloves they might as well be insulated. But yeah, I'll stop, it's not really appropriate. Nag the heck out of them but I'd stop short of bolting them. Nobody's going to get hurt if someone has insulated gloves without permission.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: April 12, 2010, 03:54:52 pm »

No No NO NO.  Don't bolt them in.  That's *far* overstepping what an AI should do, and unless you are ORdered to close and bolt the doors by someone of a higher rank than the perp, you should only note it.

I have seen far too many AI players turn around and start ignoring their laws because they've decided that what player X is doing is wrong.

Also, ffs people when the *captain* wants in to your upload, let him in.  Don't do stupid shit like "give me a reason," it isn't the AIs place to question the captain's orders.
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 950