Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808505 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10110 on: April 11, 2010, 10:25:37 pm »

Why were both people banned? Obviously it was one or the other so why ban both without asking them? They were both dead right?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: April 11, 2010, 10:26:43 pm »

Yeah, sounds like Saint just made a mistake and needs to be unbanned.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: April 11, 2010, 10:27:21 pm »

Well, okay, they were trying to kill you, that's a problem in and of itself. People need to know that as lawful individuals you arrest someone first, not shoot. I wasn't there and it sounds pretty confusing considering you caused a lot of destruction knowingly - and 'I personally would have survived' is not an excuse for that by the way - so I think this is a discussion to be had with the admins on at the time. PM 'em.
And I have no idea who they are, as I was banned instantly, so yeah.
Why were both people banned? Obviously it was one or the other so why ban both without asking them? They were both dead right?
That is basically my question, I think one of the admins was one of the people that ran into the fire, so they just banned everyone in the area.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: April 11, 2010, 10:28:36 pm »

That's a fair question. We can't just instaban people, we should ask questions first.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: April 11, 2010, 10:35:41 pm »

Anyone asking about a ban appeal, please read the thread rules.
We would be happy to help you, but it reduces thread clutter when you use PMs. A list of currently active admins are:
Orb
Jackrabbit
GoogolPlexed
Beorn
Sukasa
and me.

At least, those are the ones who I find most active in game, there are a few others also. I suggest that you contact the one who banned you, as the admin you PM will probably ask the one who banned you anyways. Don't think that asking a random admin who wasn't there will help you have better chances of being unbanned. We know things :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:37:17 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: April 11, 2010, 10:40:05 pm »

Yes, but this time it wasn't really a ban appeal, as much as questioning the reason of the ban, as the admins gave none, and had no discussion on it. Thread clutter is inevitable, because this thread is either this, or updates.

I really don't think someone should get banned for standing there at the wrong time, or laying something behind you, to keep people from killing you when you are almost dead.

The problem here is that the admins banned without any discussion, two dead people, one of which was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And how should we know who banned us, when they didn't even give us a reason, or contact us in any way?

And appealing Via PMs is good for getting unbanned after awhile, but when you are banned instantly, you want to know why then, instead of in a day or so.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: April 11, 2010, 10:46:36 pm »

hey qwerty, if you haven't done so with your new pipes system, can you add support for pipelines crossing Z levels, e.g. a pipe on (3, 3, 1) can connect to a pipe on (3, 3, 2) with the right d1/d2 vars?
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: April 11, 2010, 11:15:52 pm »

Yes, but this time it wasn't really a ban appeal, as much as questioning the reason of the ban, as the admins gave none, and had no discussion on it. Thread clutter is inevitable, because this thread is either this, or updates.

I really don't think someone should get banned for standing there at the wrong time, or laying something behind you, to keep people from killing you when you are almost dead.

The problem here is that the admins banned without any discussion, two dead people, one of which was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And how should we know who banned us, when they didn't even give us a reason, or contact us in any way?

And appealing Via PMs is good for getting unbanned after awhile, but when you are banned instantly, you want to know why then, instead of in a day or so.

Ten bucks says the reason you were banned is because you jumped a newbie, forced space beer down their throat, and then locked them in a maintenance shaft with a top hat.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: April 11, 2010, 11:37:24 pm »

Please tell me that didn't happen.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: April 12, 2010, 12:04:34 am »

I... Don't know.
Though it sounds like something I would do.

I have drugged people with space beer before...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: April 12, 2010, 12:06:11 am »

The Admin's can see who banned you. Hey, I thought it gives you a message too...
Also, admin's shouldn't ban without asking first, at least in my opinion.
We really need an admin code....be polite to players, don't abuse powers, ect.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: April 12, 2010, 12:08:32 am »

Never, ever just instaban someone without informing them beforehand.

Oh! Also, teleporting does not work at the moment, at all. I mean, adminteleport powers do not. Any idea as to why?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: April 12, 2010, 12:10:35 am »

It's a known glitch.

Also, why do admin's need to jump? Jump-To-Mob, Get-Mob are the only tele-commands I can think of needing, and they still work.

Observe works too. So...what do ya need the jumping for?

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: April 12, 2010, 12:11:23 am »

Idea: Centcom as alternate starting place, with jobs like supply shuttle loader, message sender etc. These would be automated if noone was there.
Perhaps it could be switched on when there are a certain number of people?

Another idea: Plasma harvesting job, go out in a plasma harvester and harvest plasma from the sun.

Yet another idea: Get paid requisition points for loading items onto supply shuttle, ie plasma, sandwhiches.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: April 12, 2010, 12:12:06 am »

Jump doesn't work, as far as I know. As for needing them, apart from just observing the game from the adminroom if you don't feel like playing and you just spawned as the assistant, yesterday a dude got stuck in a wall and I couldn't port him out of it.
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 950