Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808395 times)

blueothello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10065 on: April 11, 2010, 07:11:40 pm »

Yeah, I'll unmute you, that was overkill. Hell, I like to dick around. Remember when I turned that guy into a monkey as a reprimand? And then he killed me?

What a whimsical time that was.

Actually funny enough that was me.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: April 11, 2010, 07:20:09 pm »

Stopping/filtering out griefers.

Would an easier way of doing this be to remove the server from the Byond hub and only have the link here?
I'm not sure how well that would fare in the long run, but is greifning even that serious a problem?
I mean, sure, it's annoying, but ban them and move on, there's no need to overly complicate the game for something the admins should be able to easily deal with.

Maulrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: April 11, 2010, 07:25:12 pm »

Does anybody else actually like Traitor? It's my favorite mode (that is, when people actually RP it properly), but a lot of people seem to think it boring.
puppywhirrrrrrl

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10068 on: April 11, 2010, 07:27:40 pm »

Having problems with double-connect pipes: It wouldn't even enter the code for it until recently.
Eh?
Eh!

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: April 11, 2010, 07:37:31 pm »

SMESes do have build code, perhaps we just need to update the sheet metal obj if we don't have that in or whatever.

TEG is in no way buildable, we'll have to figure out a way to make it so.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: April 11, 2010, 07:38:49 pm »

SMES build code was in, but long ago a pre-git(manual) merge removed or replaced the metal sheet's option.
Eh?
Eh!

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: April 11, 2010, 07:45:11 pm »

Does anybody else actually like Traitor? It's my favorite mode (that is, when people actually RP it properly), but a lot of people seem to think it boring.

I really like it..
Most of the times, I mean, sometimes we get the odd horrible Traitor who either doesn't know how to play the game or are just plain terrible, so then it does tend to drag on and be boring..
But normally.. Yeah, I like Traitor.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: April 11, 2010, 07:47:23 pm »

The issue can be resolved with multi traitor :)
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: April 11, 2010, 07:49:24 pm »

The problem is that, even if the traitor completes their objective quickly, they can't win without the emergency shuttle being called and there isn't enough random events that will cause enough havoc for that. Here's my idea.

a) make random events increase in frequency.
b) make them increase with a lot more frequency once the traitor has completed the first part of their objective (unless the objective is makes sure they're the only ones on the shuttle at the end of the round.
c) give the traitor some way to call a Syndicate shuttle, but have people warned when it docks and somehow (ideas?) make it a trial to get to the shuttle for the traitor so that it's a last ditch option.

Sixteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: April 11, 2010, 07:52:41 pm »

c) give the traitor some way to call a Syndicate shuttle, but have people warned when it docks and somehow (ideas?) make it a trial to get to the shuttle for the traitor so that it's a last ditch option.

Make it in space? Like the Nuke shuttle, it wouldn't be reachable without a suit.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: April 11, 2010, 07:55:52 pm »

Good idea.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: April 11, 2010, 08:01:51 pm »

Not just one problem, but a series of problems, and so far, I hope I fixed the last of them. Once the game finishes booting, I'll know if it works...

I think it is, just one bug: The old(assimilated) pipeline still seems to think it owns it's old pipes, so it pipes and leaks stuff as if it were. Hopefully fixed, then.

Once I know for sure, I will once again commit my changes, and then start work on adding other pipe objects to be buildable.

(3 new posts)

Require them to be at the communications disk during the final approach, otherwise the shuttle will wait until they are there, when the shuttle is waiting for them announce it to all, and have it appear on the other side of the station?

Maybe announce it's approach one minute before arrival?
Eh?
Eh!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: April 11, 2010, 08:07:11 pm »

Well, the time between it being announced and it arriving'd have to be very precise because people could just camp the shuttle somehow. So perhaps within one minute of its arrive it gives its coordinates to the traitor, but everyone else has to guess?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: April 11, 2010, 08:08:19 pm »

Having it spwn out in space, in one of 10 locations, each generally far from the traitor?
Eh?
Eh!

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: April 11, 2010, 08:08:57 pm »

The problem is that, even if the traitor completes their objective quickly, they can't win without the emergency shuttle being called and there isn't enough random events that will cause enough havoc for that. Here's my idea.

a) make random events increase in frequency.
b) make them increase with a lot more frequency once the traitor has completed the first part of their objective (unless the objective is makes sure they're the only ones on the shuttle at the end of the round.

Yes but if you truely know what its like to be a traitor you realy should have a backup "screw the station over big time" plan now shoudint you? [I do at least]
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 950