Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807712 times)

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9750 on: April 08, 2010, 12:30:36 pm »

Were you inside something? Such as a locker or morgue?
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9751 on: April 08, 2010, 12:39:39 pm »

Incendiary grenades stopped working on Headswe's server. Damn, I was about to fry some invisible guy!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9752 on: April 08, 2010, 12:55:13 pm »

Also, green wizard objective is crazy hard, as breaking 80% of the lights on the station is next to impossible, without tons of bombs.

And are spotlights destructible/count as lights?

Because then its essentially impossible, if they cant be destroyed and are lights.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: April 08, 2010, 01:07:01 pm »

Spotlights have been merged into the light tree, and as such are breakable, yes.

Also, it isn't actually that hard to break a light...
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: April 08, 2010, 01:08:30 pm »

No I wasint, it was odd but then i got bitten by a zombie so.... never mind

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9755 on: April 08, 2010, 01:24:29 pm »

Spotlights have been merged into the light tree, and as such are breakable, yes.

Also, it isn't actually that hard to break a light...
Breaking all the lights on the station?
Removing grills, smash, for more than 100 lights?

Placed in annoying locations?
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: April 08, 2010, 01:50:49 pm »

You realize that it really isn't as hard as it sounds, you just have to throw out the spare bulbs in tool storage and start smashing.  Everyone always assumes that no lights == no power anyways, so you can get away with it fairly easily.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: April 08, 2010, 02:22:36 pm »

you pass prob() a number from 0 to 100, and there is a [thatnumber]% chance the prob will execute the code indented below it.  Have a look at any of the ex_act() procs to see it in action.
I don't have the code...I was just wondering if I could do an advanced proccall with it.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: April 08, 2010, 02:39:59 pm »

Ok, since security is almost always complained about being ineffictiant, stupid,  ect, I have decided come up with a few ideas to make security better.

1. Weapon Scanner. Found in the forensics room, it detects what weapon caused the damage. If it was hands, it will tell you the fingerprint(Since I believe finger print scanners dont detect strangulation).

I mean, this is the future, so obviously there will be ways to tell what kind of object caused what kind of damage. While not very usefull if it says "toolbox", it will be usefull if it says "revolver", or ect. If you find a bloody toolbox and study the print, you can find out who killed who.

2. Flashbangs that dont blind, and sunglasses that work. Ok, so we all know flashbangs are bad, since they ruin people's gameplay by blinding them and making them death(if someone could tell me how to spell that correctly...). Also, sunglasses dont help at all, from what ive seen(They may slow the blinding process). When you throw a flashbang, your likely to be stunned also, and since your a security officer, you will slowly go blind. Earmuffs cause more damage than good, since you cant hear anyone. All im suggesting is that flashbangs dont cause blindness, and dont stun when sunglasses are on. If your within two tiles of the flashbang, you go temporarally death(like 30 seconds). If your within 1 tile of the flashbang, you go temporarally blind(like 10 seconds).

3. Bomb removal equipment. I know, its from goon, but occationally there is a bomb situation in which the traitor has you. What if he has a suicide vest? There isnt much you can do, but watch him blow up something. There is the suicide command, and its gets risky. Bomb removal equipment protect damage from 500 degree bombs, and you survive really big bombs(you can figure out the limit). While in the equipment, you move half speed.

4. Faster Prison Shuttle. Kind of obvious, but games are too short to store someone on the prison station. It also takes too long to free them. Should be reduced down to like 1 minute, or 30 seconds, to keep the game going.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9759 on: April 08, 2010, 02:46:52 pm »

Flashbangs make loud noises too, so you should still be stunned without ear muffs.
And they can't permablind, can they? I've stood on the tile where it goes off and still survived with full sight and hearing..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9760 on: April 08, 2010, 02:57:28 pm »

1. Weapon Scanner. Found in the forensics room, it detects what weapon caused the damage. If it was hands, it will tell you the fingerprint(Since I believe finger print scanners dont detect strangulation). I mean, this is the future, so obviously there will be ways to tell what kind of object caused what kind of damage. While not very usefull if it says "toolbox", it will be usefull if it says "revolver", or ect. If you find a bloody toolbox and study the print, you can find out who killed who.

I really like this, quite often the weapon is not that obvious, especially if the killer doesn't just drop it and flee.
Also, would this detect toxins and the like? While these can be obvious to notice most times, it would encourage even more craftiness than "GET TOOLBOX. GET SMASHING".

2. Flashbangs that dont blind, and sunglasses that work. Ok, so we all know flashbangs are bad, since they ruin people's gameplay by blinding them and making them Deaf Also, sunglasses dont help at all,[They stop normal flashes. Think Men in Black.] from what I've seen  When you throw a flashbang, your likely to be stunned also, and since your a security officer, you will slowly go blind. Earmuffs cause more damage than good, since you cant hear anyone. All im suggesting is that flashbangs dont cause blindness, and dont stun when sunglasses are on. If your within two tiles of the flashbang, you go temporarally Deaf (like 30 seconds). If your within 1 tile of the flashbang, you go temporarally blind(like 10 seconds).

Hmm, I'm not sure, I'm all for Glasses Stopping Flashbangs, or at least removing the Immobilization effect. But this is like completely nerfing them, I mean, they'd have no use at all after this, I often find flashbangs to be quite a effective items with the blinding, if you can get out of there in time to not be affected yourself. And I approve of the Temporary [NOT PERMANENT] deafness.
So, Shades, reducing the impact of Flashbangs.

3. Bomb removal equipment. I know, its from goon, but occationally there is a bomb situation in which the traitor has you. What if he has a suicide vest? There isnt much you can do, but watch him blow up something. There is the suicide command, and its gets risky. Bomb removal equipment protect damage from 500 degree bombs, and you survive really big bombs(you can figure out the limit). While in the equipment, you move half speed.

I'm all for this, as long as it makes you really slow, slower than half speed too, otherwise you'd basically have tanks for security guards...
So, the speed thing should be rather drastic as a large turn off.

4. Faster Prison Shuttle. Kind of obvious, but games are too short to store someone on the prison station. It also takes too long to free them. Should be reduced down to like 1 minute, or 30 seconds, to keep the game going.

This this, a thousands times this.

Quinrir, they can cause permanent blindness.
Although it is rare, it is possible, especially through prolonged experience.
And doubly so if you already need glasses.

They can also damage your eyesight permanently and force you to acquire glasses.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:04:44 pm by Evilgrim »

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: April 08, 2010, 02:59:32 pm »

GARBLE GARBLE IGNORE THIS.
I meant to click Edit.
Instead I clicked Quote.
Garble.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:04:40 pm by Evilgrim »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: April 08, 2010, 03:43:13 pm »

Head, what inputs does the prob proc call for?

Also use the magical F1 button in Dm editor.

It's wunderfull.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9763 on: April 08, 2010, 03:53:41 pm »

Pushed a fairly large set of updates, the Network Technician job now actually sets you up right, and there is an actual network office.  Doesn't do anything at all gameplay wise except give you a job to pretend to do, but the network branch is on its way, don't worry ;)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: April 08, 2010, 04:04:07 pm »

Oh, you misunderstood me with flashbangs. I was saying, that you still go blind and stuff, but if its close, and even with sunglasses, you will get blinded. Being close also lengthens the blinding.

This is to prevent "Hehe, I just spam flashbangs, me smart!". You, yourself, can get stunned if your stupid.

Also, it takes about 3 flashbangs to blind you. I remember accidently setting off like 2, and I was blinded. Distance -might- be a factor.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:06:37 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 950