Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807924 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9435 on: April 02, 2010, 12:14:24 am »

Notice: when i do noclip its admin business (checking if things work / or dealing with idiots)

Btw X2yzh9 do you want me to tell them what you did the round after you came in and started annoying the crap outta off me.

yea you found me in the game and started shooting me.

yup mature man.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: April 02, 2010, 12:16:20 am »

"The other devs have nothing against him hosting"

Pshawww, yeah right! I can name a few, but -REDACTED- is currently holed up in his post-DF2010 bunker, so he can't really quote the hundreds of times Headswe has acted immaturely and abused his adminship, and appointed admins that were again, not up to the task.

/retreats to bunker
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:20:34 am by woose1 »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: April 02, 2010, 12:25:17 am »

I see nothing wrong with the server. Maybe you had a bad experience, but then you got on and started insulting him. So far, I've noticed that only a few people have had problems, and those people tended to kill other people ingame for other reasons. I'm being a bit blunt, but I really don't want us to be serverless because a few people had personal issues.
I can name a few people who can host right off the bat.
1. Googolplexed
2. Maybe Sukasa
3. I highly doubt it, but maybe, MAYBE Johbson. Considering he plays DF, and the new version just came out.

EDIT: And, uh, I forget but how did I insult him?

My internet's combined upload speed is 60 Kilobytes a second on a good day.  No way I could host, the lag would ruin every game :(

And I admit I've been an idiot as an admin from time to time if I'm really bored, so sorry :-X
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: April 02, 2010, 12:34:56 am »

Oh gee I wonder who's name you've removed, Woose.  :P

x2yzh9, as a host, I can tell you insulting the host and telling them how much of a bad job they are doing, is a very, very bad idea. Because you slip up majorly once, and you won't be forgiven, but banned. Quake, point in case. (Think thats the way one uses that term)

And all the new admins and new hosters have only been around for a while. Like, 3 months? You go back a few hundred pages and we were all pretty bad. Not every round will be perfect, ever. Sometimes there are things people could have done, or not done, to make them better, but hosting, or even just being an admin, is damn hard, and when someone keeps going on about how horrible you are, that is not something that makes one wants to keep doing hosting, in their own free time, no less. Ever try to play something thats not SS13 when you're hosting SS13? Not possible on any PC that isn't an ungodly monolith.

Enjoy the good rounds when the come around, and complaining is what separates us from the animals, but try to be forgiving.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:37:25 am by Dr. Johbson »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: April 02, 2010, 12:36:29 am »

Notice: when i do noclip its admin business (checking if things work / or dealing with idiots)

Btw X2yzh9 do you want me to tell them what you did the round after you came in and started annoying the crap outta off me.

yup mature man.
Yea, I did that Headswe for a reason.(I didn't know your actual ingame name either, you were just a person.)

It was to prove a point in that when stuff happens to me, you just ignore it and tell me shit happens. When shit happens to you or another admin, you defend it even when without reason. This has gotten to the point where i've decided that I want to know how you like being griefed, or anyone really being griefed.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: April 02, 2010, 12:38:22 am »

yup mature man.
Yea, I did that Headswe for a reason.(I didn't know your actual ingame name either, you were just a person.)

It was to prove a point in that when stuff happens to me, you just ignore it and tell me shit happens. When shit happens to you or another admin, you defend it even when without reason. This has gotten to the point where i've decided that I want to know how you like being griefed, or anyone really being griefed.

This is another very, very bad idea, because the cycle never ends.

UNRELATED EDIT- Dear god I just realized how glad I am I took training in mediating disputes. This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with this, I just happened to realize that now, and wanted to mention it.  :P
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:43:33 am by Dr. Johbson »

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: April 02, 2010, 12:42:31 am »

yup mature man.

This is another very, very bad idea, because the cycle never ends.
I agree and server down.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: April 02, 2010, 12:44:53 am »

My server is comming up

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: April 02, 2010, 02:04:04 am »

Make me admin = less work for you.

Kick me if I do anything bad.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: April 02, 2010, 07:03:56 am »

That's quite possibly the worst solution ever, Micro.
I'm okay with Head hosting to be quite honest, cause let's be honest, there's not gonna be much activity for next EVER. aka until people get bored or w/e of DF2010
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: April 02, 2010, 07:13:05 am »

Well, to toss in my two pence on this subject:

Head has always been a good host and admin, he has always been quick and courteous when dealing with my adminhelp messages, his server has lagged on only two occasions when I have been online, his behaviour in game has always been good.

The thing is, all Bay12 hosts have been like that for me (Only exception is that Googol's server has always lagged for me, but that's not his fault, so it doesn't matter anyway). So I really don't think we'd have anything to gain from 'banning' an admin from hosting besides losing a perfectly good server.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: April 02, 2010, 07:51:07 am »

yup mature man.

Oh i get greifed numerous times per day.

Q:Reason why i said shit happens
A:Because you had talked it over with andrea.

Q:Why i haven't banned Dark Costa(??)
A:Because the only evidence i have off him greifing is what you are saying. and frankly since your one of those guys who always take games, people super serious and go rageing for something as minor as begin killed in one fucking round.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:16:57 am by head »
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: April 02, 2010, 09:00:39 am »

Hm.

Well, after reviewing the situation in my own mind  :o i've kind of cooled down, and realized stuffs. Anyway, could we leave this behind us head?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: April 02, 2010, 10:17:11 am »

My server is comming up

Uh... where?

Also: My two cents

Well, to toss in my two pence on this subject:

Head has always been a good host and admin, he has always been quick and courteous when dealing with my adminhelp messages, his server has lagged on only two occasions when I have been online, his behaviour in game has always been good.

The thing is, all Bay12 hosts have been like that for me (Only exception is that Googol's server has always lagged for me, but that's not his fault, so it doesn't matter anyway). So I really don't think we'd have anything to gain from 'banning' an admin from hosting besides losing a perfectly good server.

Well, compared to Johbson, Headswe is an OK host. I mean, Johbson was epic. We had people leaving goon servers and passing up Android's server (SUPA POWAZ) to play on the server just because of how epic Johb was at hosting. I guess everyone that has been on a Johbson hosted server is really spoiled, because you really can't go back without bitching (Yes, this IS why I bitch all the time... hehe) about problems with the host/games/bugs, etc. etc.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:20:38 am by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: April 02, 2010, 10:54:16 am »

That's quite possibly the worst solution ever, Micro.
I'm okay with Head hosting to be quite honest, cause let's be honest, there's not gonna be much activity for next EVER. aka until people get bored or w/e of DF2010

I am patiently waiting till the lag fix is out.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 950