Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808547 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9150 on: March 28, 2010, 08:33:58 am »

What if AIs could control simple robots that did menial chores around the space station, like lifting stuff, or cleaning, and they could possibly be tools to kill/doom any crewmembers if the AI is EEVVILLL?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: March 28, 2010, 08:57:02 am »

I didn't mean seperate the turrets from the upload, seperate the turrets from the AI, and give it a super R wall core that can only be broken by large bombs or a lot of thermite (like 4+ beakers) or both.
The AI should have a robot bay where an engineer or etc... has to assemble a robot and put it on a uplink/charging stand where the Emergancy power cell charges (incase it enters an area without power) and the AI can then remotly uplink into the robot and control it as if it was a human, this would help the AI with the "ESCAPE ON THE SHUTTLE ALONE! LUL WAT UR AI LUL!" objectives. It would also help it with the stealing items objectives, maybe though there should be a universial EMP swich that in embedded in a random console across the station where when it is hacked and used it kills ALL electrical related things. (apcs,psu's,terminals,robots,bombs,engines control.) It basicaly sends the whole station to hell for no reason, this would be out of EVERY terminal though. Maybe for balance you have to activate maybe say 4 terminals in a right order for it to work.

Maybe the AI should have a passive defense like this too.

WpWSWC           W= wall P= plasma S=space C=AI core
WpWSWC
WPWSWC
WpWSWC
WpWSWC
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:58:54 am by Saint »
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: March 28, 2010, 09:50:24 am »

The AI should NOT have it's upload separated from it's turrets.

As an AI player I have heaps of problems with random people walking in and changing laws.

If there were no turrets, then anyone how knows how to hack airlocks could be in in under 30 seconds
Now as a traitor reprogramming the AI is useless, because it will get fixed quickly
Eh, that depends.
But yeah, the AI needs a motion alarm for the upload or something, as I'm one of the people that can do it in under 30 seconds.
You don't even need a captains ID

How do you hack the turret controls?
You don't need to.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: March 28, 2010, 10:02:32 am »

I go away for the weekend and suddenly it got awesome in here. Try to work cellphones in there somehow, or at least emails or something. And I'm guessing the AI will have complete control over all this stuff too. Maybe if the AI is destroyed, all these systems fail? Would have to make the AI harder to blow up, then. Traitor AI would be the best round ever, like it should be.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: March 28, 2010, 10:13:22 am »

The first step would be, I think, to get some form of PDA. Or just PC's. Make it so they can email each other etc. Then expand to actual commands.
Maybe have it so your ID card logs you into the PC, so people can steal your card then send the captain menacing emails from your account.
Also, any chance of a server?
edit: ignore that it's up.
edit edit: It was up, then I tried siphoning plasma from the engine and it crashed. Maybe something to do with the engine and extreme heat?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:44:53 am by Apple Master »
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: March 28, 2010, 01:56:18 pm »

PDAs are on Goons.

Use Computers instead. :D
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: March 28, 2010, 02:02:17 pm »

Laptops too then.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: March 28, 2010, 02:06:28 pm »

Cellphones. Make the headsets into bluetooth devices, and switch the signallers almost every gets at start to a cellphone. You'd be able to page specific cellphones, assuming you have their number. The signallers that are on the station have their numbers printed on them.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: March 28, 2010, 02:13:00 pm »

PDAs are on Goons.

Use Computers instead. :D
Eh, they were on data's first.

Ideas
Possibly give the headset the ability to essentially call someone, using another command, like [Name]Text.
Possibly make names in chat a link, allowing you to initiate a call, if the AI approves it, Since the AI kinda needs a reason not to be destroyed.
It should be linked in to the automated features, such as calls, emails, etc, reviving the messages as the target does.

If the AI dies, then you will have to manually initiate a call to speak privately.

That adds in a possible traitor item, which can allow you to eavesdrop on calls/ encrypt your own, preventing the AI from listening in, and canceling the need for it to approve the call.

The main problem I see, is this adds in a whole new system, and all the lag that comes with it.
Nevermind.
The other issue would be inserting late joiners into the system.

Edit:And Beorn beat me to it, though with a slightly different take.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:24:08 pm by MagmaDeath »
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: March 28, 2010, 02:57:03 pm »

What if you had to "dial", by clicking a player name/location built into the phone. New devices would have to be "linked" somehow.

When you start a call, the AI gets an alert that *name* is calling *name*. (Allow/Deny). Once connected, everything you say goes into the phone to the other phone, if it is not in a pocket or belt. Bluetooth headsets can make it possible to not need to hold the phone.

The AI hears all phone calls, with possiblities of traitor items.

Also: Radio/Bluetooth injectors. Make your brain your radio/phone.

Also, make a short hacking game to override the AI, and cancel out it's hearing. (on your phone), the AI could still hear from the other phone. Maybe let the AI try to regain control somehow.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:58:56 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: March 28, 2010, 03:04:29 pm »

I posted Icons here but apparantly I need to re-upload them.
I'll post 'em when I've done some more I'm working on.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: March 28, 2010, 03:54:27 pm »

Just because the goons have PDAs doesn't mean we can't roll our own versions ;)
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: March 28, 2010, 04:15:21 pm »

Cell phones sound awesomer anyways.
AI control FTW! AI! WHY AREN'T YOU ALLOWING ME TO CALL THE CAPTAIN?

Plus, phone calls are less trackable (the talking itself), requiring the crew to need to ask the AI to check the Cell Uplink or something awesome like that.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: March 28, 2010, 04:23:25 pm »

I think calls should be able to go through all the time, but the AI should be able to listen in to / disrupt calls.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: March 28, 2010, 04:29:51 pm »

OH!!! AI malfunction idea if we do cellphones. Blow up the earpieces to deafen everyone. Have to communicate with paper.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 950