Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808670 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9090 on: March 27, 2010, 11:51:58 am »

So, how do ya do this? Drop a flashlight in a wall?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: March 27, 2010, 12:02:02 pm »

Nah, noclip is an odd mode. The way I see it is he turns the light on, no clips, goes somewhere else, and turns it off. Would be a fun way to make a dark station though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: March 27, 2010, 12:04:56 pm »

exactly, beorn.

it works also the other way, allowing you to permanently light everything and concentrating all darkness into a few tiles in a corner of space.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: March 27, 2010, 12:05:45 pm »

Looks like noclipping doesn't cause the lighting library to get the "I've moved!" notification, and the lib doesn't handle that well (it handles lighting *only* in terms of changes, not in terms of "update the whole damn thing", so whereas it's used to having a light source move one tile at a time and turn on/off on a tile it's considered on, when you noclip somewhere it just goes nuts.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: March 27, 2010, 12:08:45 pm »

On the subject of light(this is probably well known anyway).... new objects in space are able to be seen as if they had light on, even though they dont. However, if you turn a light on them, then turn it off, they get dark, and you cant see them a few tiles away.

What im saying is, it be nice if light didnt do that. I would imagine you wouldnt be able to see far in an atmos, but in space, light doesnt hit atmos particles and bounce around.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: March 27, 2010, 12:12:16 pm »

Looks like noclipping doesn't cause the lighting library to get the "I've moved!" notification, and the lib doesn't handle that well (it handles lighting *only* in terms of changes, not in terms of "update the whole damn thing", so whereas it's used to having a light source move one tile at a time and turn on/off on a tile it's considered on, when you noclip somewhere it just goes nuts.

I wouldn't worry about it. Noclip is horribly "broken" in that I think it turns you into a ghost, but your still alive. You can't pull, yet it still counts as pulling, and other things. Its not a major problem.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: March 27, 2010, 12:13:37 pm »

beorn: just listing out why it happens.  If you're noclipping, chances are the round isn't that serious an RP round anyways :P

Orb: I'll take a look at that

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: March 27, 2010, 12:14:32 pm »

I owuld still lvoe to have a traitor version of this... turning light off in that way may be extremely useful.

or if not that, at least a magic for wizard.

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: March 27, 2010, 12:15:42 pm »

I have a request, when you're playing sandbox mode alone, PLEASE DO NOT BLOODY CAUSE THE ARRIVAL HALL TO HAVE NO AIR! Geez, at least give people a chance to get onto the station properly before dieing.
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: March 27, 2010, 12:17:57 pm »

that is probably meteors. also, in sandbox you can use sandbox panel to get fully suited for space travel in few seconds.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: March 27, 2010, 12:18:08 pm »

If its sandbox, they can suit up or drop air regulators.

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: March 27, 2010, 12:19:28 pm »

If its sandbox, I still need time to realise that there is no air. Usually there are doors easy to go back through, in the arrival hall leaving the ship I have to open two blast doors before I'm safe. Sometimes, like just now, that takes a little bit too long.
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: March 27, 2010, 12:21:40 pm »

A bug. Lit flashlights on the ground don't provide light in the area. Reasonable since they should be directional, but a portable on the ground light system would be helpful. Didn't someone make some drag around lighting for that?

Edit: Nother thing, the ID system for checking dualkeyers seems odd.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:34:13 pm by beorn080 »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: March 27, 2010, 12:40:46 pm »

I'm fixing the flashlights right now :)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: March 27, 2010, 12:43:01 pm »

Yea i would have fixed the flashlights if knew why they broke like that.

Sadly i haven't read up on the Lib.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 950