Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809302 times)

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #8670 on: March 20, 2010, 10:00:09 pm »

lol we blew up googol's new sindi base

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: March 20, 2010, 10:19:38 pm »

I believe on the dev server someone mentioned wanting conveyor belts.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As usual, if you want it, PM me and I'll send the files to you guys.  It'll be a lot simpler than the lighting code, I assumre you ;)

More awesome is here to be awesome, awesome.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8672 on: March 20, 2010, 10:41:47 pm »

I looked at the lighting code and can see why it fails:
The area tree.

I only looked at that one file, but by using an area-based lighting system, you now must treat any modified instance of a particular /area/path/whatever as part of the base path, thus eliminating the (entirely unused) mapper option of defining areas on-map. The reason is that, due to the power system, power was calculated on a per-area basis.

Plus, you would have to create a new set of variations when diffrent-coloured emergency lights activate, in a complex merging process, as you must take into account of what if the turf is 3 squares from white and 5 from red light? The result is an N-dimensional grid that must be precreated per area, with N as the number of light colours.

I assume that they have found solutions to these problems, though.

Also, would you like this floor image?

Eh?
Eh!

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: March 20, 2010, 11:05:56 pm »

Also, would you like this floor image?

IMO googols current floor graphics look good enough for me and hopefully you guys can fix the lighting code.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: March 20, 2010, 11:06:36 pm »

Actually, qwerty, there is a much easier way:  All areas have a special variable added that points to a shared "superarea".  By taking advantage of how Byond manages areas, you can keep proper references to all the areas.  In my own copy of SS13 (not a copy of BS12), things like emergency lights, etc worked perfectly fine after I implemented "superareas."  That code was included in what I sent to googolplexed.

Also, multicoloured lights aren't supported (and never were).  It's just shades of grey, and the emergency red/blue lights are just overlays put below the DAL library's shading, and above everything else.

Ed: and as far as your graphics go, TBH they look like they're plastic, not metal.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: March 21, 2010, 03:04:00 am »

Ed: and as far as your graphics go, TBH they look like they're plastic, not metal.
Agreed. Way too flat and bland
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: March 21, 2010, 07:06:56 am »

Where did googol get his graphics from?
It was so Sudden, one day looky there new wall and floor graphics which I like btw.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:28:11 am by bluephoenix »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: March 21, 2010, 07:43:11 am »

Just as a general discussion point, I'd really enjoy some extended rounds which had a "story" to them. Such as murder mystery, set objectives.
Even in Extended rounds now, people just focus on their jobs instead of Roleplaying properly, i.e relaxing, sleeping, drinking, etc. (By drinking I simply mean using the BAR)
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: March 21, 2010, 07:48:14 am »

Just as a general discussion point, I'd really enjoy some extended rounds which had a "story" to them. Such as murder mystery, set objectives.
Even in Extended rounds now, people just focus on their jobs instead of Roleplaying properly, i.e relaxing, sleeping, drinking, etc. (By drinking I simply mean using the BAR)
Yeah I like that idea, I would like some little objectives in extended because as it stand right now, there isn't much substance to it it is just pointless sitting around waiting (well for me anyways as HoP which noone exept for me seems to choose) untill someone "griefs" to make it a bit fun for security and anyone involved which makes extended IMO not have any reason to get voted for by 4+ players.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: March 21, 2010, 08:04:01 am »

That's the other thing, when extended does become interesting it tends to be either sloppy griefing or a murder that could be interesting, but the killer's just killed instantly.
Also the forensics need Tp1212's DUN DUN DUN button back, it was awesome.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: March 21, 2010, 08:53:26 am »

yesterday playing as geneticist I noticed that radiation levels NEVER go down. While no radiation ticks means also no radiation damage, I am not sure what effect this has on mutations.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: March 21, 2010, 11:00:52 am »

Goon dev server just went down, large influx of Goons and griefers.. Requesting admin help. Urgent.

Edit: The second I posted it, an admin showed up. I wish public transport was more like these guys.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: March 21, 2010, 11:24:10 am »

Crashed. Can I again recommend a shared note system for admins. So we can leave notes for each other on who to watch.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: March 21, 2010, 11:27:21 am »

Can I make a recommendation? Lots of bored assistants with no jobs = asking for trouble.

Unless you don't know the station layout and want to have a look around, there is literally nothing to do as an assistant. The goon servers let people fill empty slots midgame, either actually manning the job assignment computer or implementing something like that might be a good idea.
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: March 21, 2010, 11:30:40 am »

Unfortunately, manning the ID computer is the HoP or captains job, and if you get a pair of idiots in those spots, you get nothing. I think a random job assignment would be good though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 950