Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809390 times)

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #8595 on: March 19, 2010, 01:31:56 am »

Weeeeee. What fun.

Though I don't know if I like the plain lights idea. Maybe magma lighting, and breaking a light lets a small 1000ish units amount of plasma out. Or can we have multiple bulb types, and custom make magma bulbs?
why though? it just uses the energy, just like airlocks why make the station life even more deadly?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: March 19, 2010, 01:37:21 am »

Weeeeee. What fun.

Though I don't know if I like the plain lights idea. Maybe magma lighting, and breaking a light lets a small 1000ish units amount of plasma out. Or can we have multiple bulb types, and custom make magma bulbs?
why though? it just uses the energy, just like airlocks why make the station life even more deadly?
I'll direct you to the proper page of the Dwarf Fortress wiki. It's not SS13, or BS12, but it should get the point across.

http://magmawiki.com/index.php/Fun
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: March 19, 2010, 01:38:13 am »

Nice going googloplex.

Looks supa.

Been working on logs lately.

anyway server up again.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8598 on: March 19, 2010, 02:45:24 am »

IMO googlo should add "testing server" to the description of the new server to aviod confusion.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:01:28 am by bluephoenix »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: March 19, 2010, 10:39:55 am »

Do I need to say more.

With more then a few lightbulbs its really laggy though

Working on optimizing now

Thank Sukasa for the code

Sorry for the lag that was there; dunno why it cropped up for you and not me.  If you had to make any changes to the code, would you mind PM'ing me with what they were?
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: March 19, 2010, 10:46:34 am »

So is it safe to use 146.9, or should i change it to 146.1? (dam I'm telling everyone my eavesdropping methods)
It's safe, and besides, anyone who's played AI and hasn't ever eavesdropped isn't a very good AI; though personally I save it for AI traitor/malfunction rounds.

Isn't metagaming against the rules?

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: March 19, 2010, 11:27:39 am »

One other thing.

We really need to work out a list of crimes and punishments.  Execution for a crime is way too common for my liking.  If the old ss13 forums were still up I'd grab the list from there but they are sadly not.

umm did you ever read the paper that says "crashcourse in legal SOP on ss13"? it is in the courtroom on the judges desk.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did you even read my post or the SOP at all?  I said list of crimes and valid punishments, NOT how to properly execute a warrant and trial.

Also eavesdropping on the crew via the intercoms is justifiable by the AI.  Humans do not have radios built into themselves.  Perhaps they lost their headset somewhere and are trapped in a location where they can see the intercom but cannot reach it.  Such a situation may result in the death of the human.  The AI should notify the crew of the intercoms though to maximize crew survival(They're less likely to talk in a room with no one in it if they don't think anyone can hear them)

Eavesdropping can allow the AI to pick up possible murder/sabotage plots and notify security.  An AI with Law 1 needs to take all steps possible to preserve human life.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 11:36:01 am by Cecilff2 »
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: March 19, 2010, 12:57:57 pm »

So is it safe to use 146.9, or should i change it to 146.1? (dam I'm telling everyone my eavesdropping methods)
It's safe, and besides, anyone who's played AI and hasn't ever eavesdropped isn't a very good AI; though personally I save it for AI traitor/malfunction rounds.

How do you see it as metagaming? The AI has the ability to eavesdrop, it doesn't require any outside knowledge.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: March 19, 2010, 02:14:05 pm »

Well, sigh, I join Head's server and it crashes. Bad luck. Well, alright, I'll host again, although my connection has been wonky today too.

Server be up, yo.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: March 19, 2010, 02:14:16 pm »

Did the server crash? Everything froze and I can't get back on.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: March 19, 2010, 02:14:57 pm »

Would seem like it.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: March 19, 2010, 02:20:27 pm »

I might consider it poor role-playing if an (uncorrupted) AI did it without provocation, but I don't see it as metagaming as such.  It's all possible with the knowledge from within a single game.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: March 19, 2010, 02:25:30 pm »

I would just like to announce, that lockers do not contain firebombs, and that five of them going off at once is extremely deadly.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: March 19, 2010, 02:31:33 pm »

Stop crashing mah server.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: March 19, 2010, 03:16:45 pm »

Honestly the current round's damn dissapointing.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 950