Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810228 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7455 on: February 20, 2010, 10:40:06 pm »

The whole "everyone works on whatever they feel like" does work, but without a shared goal, the changes just seem insignificant, although they probably are.

I added quite a few small features, but until someone built on them, they were unnoticable. A full system is easier to enjoy that a fragment of one.

Example: Though I doubt it has been integrated, my map loader is worthless. With the additional code I wrote, it can be used, but first a mapper must decide to use it. So in either case, it is worthless without someone building on it.

The changes to the radio? Not really. It was already a system, it was just changed. However, unless the change is used, it will also likely go unnoticed.

An idea for making station parts.

1. The sections are called by a special radio, which is only gotten through the supply shuttle, and costs all of the points.

2. The radio would have to be placed 3 tiles out from the station on one of those dark grey floor tiles and activated.

3. This would slowly bring in a 5x5 room, centered on the radio beacon. It would have solid walls, so you would need to cut a hole and install an airlock.

By slowly bring in, do you mean it moves in visibly, or teleports in? Moves in might not even be possible, but teleporting in might be possible. I guess just by randomizing the load order and putting a delay in?

Wait wait, is the purpose of these special platforms RP or non RP.

Currently it is an idea for a use of a feature I coded because I felt like it.

This is a great example of why having the community discuss ideas first will lead to a better directed development.

However, it could be used to only load the syndicate station in appropriate rounds, and that IS a RP purpose. But someone would have to implement it before it becomes a neat feature.

And even then, it is virtually unnoticable, unless someone sets it to sometimes spawn an interesting object instead, to ecourage players to stop and think "wait, where did the syndicate station go?" since otherwise they would assume it still exists and never bother looking themselves (Unless for non-RP reasons, like "I can get nice loot there").
Eh?
Eh!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: February 20, 2010, 10:42:27 pm »

Well, if you want structured development, the first thing to do is figure out where we want to go.
So, YOU, the NON-CODER must HELP by discussing what should be done. You can't just say "focus your efforts" and then slip back into the shadows and lurk in this topic, only resurfacing to complain about the lack of structured development...

Well alright. The game is going for semi real stuff with fun sci fi base. So lets reflect it in theme away from the satire of sci fi into light drama.

So some items of constancy should be issued, like proper use of the intercom, role expectations and demerits for not following it. Maybe an item of IC expectations, and curteseys. A map would be nice if your character is suppose to know the damn station.

Also, its a Bay12 Forum, lets get some DF things in there and some LCS stuff in there. Like water fall art in the dining hall, plasma melting traps (for magma of course), and replace the sprite of monkies with cubolds or or something. Time to start dinner. More thoughts later.

Also, some easy method of synchronizing the code would be nice. I have only heard of it, but source control? Something where edits can be optionally included or excluded so that you don't accidentally end up debugging someone else's code or anything...

How about loading it onto google code thing?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 11:47:20 pm by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #7457 on: February 20, 2010, 10:44:56 pm »

Quote from: Head
http://www.mediafire.com/?0mmqai0zhkz

Here's my fucking goonsource edit take it and shut the fuck up

Yoink'd and away!  (Nice airlocks.)

This ain't going well. I'm still banned and I'm gonna FLIP. Egads.
I hadn't noticed this yet but:
K: duelmaster409 (IP: 256.175.209.105) (Time: 22-Jun-2009) (By: rathensa) (Reason: So many things)

RathenSA, almost a year ago.

Consider yourself unbanned

Also, we do need suggestions on what to add for BS12

I believe I made a list at some point? It was rather comprehensive.

I'm still waiting for the rhubarb.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:55:52 pm by Cajoes »
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: February 20, 2010, 10:47:25 pm »

For the moving in the rooms, perhaps just a 60 second delay, then a flash covering more then the one screen around it, and the room appears.

I'mma taking that goonstation source and making me some stations.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sixteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: February 21, 2010, 12:01:38 am »

I'm banned on the one in the hub. If it's the official one, could someone tell me why? If not, is the server up and I just can't connect?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: February 21, 2010, 12:13:46 am »

Login name please?
I'll check next time I'm on.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sixteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: February 21, 2010, 12:25:38 am »

BYOND name Forteen. If I was banned for the superheated gasses, I always made sure it never impacted the game unless something broke into my lab when some gas leaked out.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: February 21, 2010, 12:32:17 am »

Oh you...
Hello.

I'll check what the reason was in a little bit, I got to finish this year on my fort :D
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Thrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: February 21, 2010, 12:41:33 am »

Could the fire air lock doors be set so that when they detect gases, or lack of oxygen, they close. Yet still be able to be opened like a normal air lock so that no body gets trapped in a room or hallway thats running out of oxygen.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7464 on: February 21, 2010, 01:22:46 am »

@Thrain: Fire lock doors are intended to prevent the spread of fires. If the crew inside could just open them, then the fire can get out. Gasses is an odder one, not too sure what to say about that.

@Qwertyuiopas: How do solar panels work? Is the sun still stuck in one spot, or does it move around? Working on a station, and
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: February 21, 2010, 01:43:06 am »

Sixteen, we will have to know your IP to unban you :D

Thrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: February 21, 2010, 02:33:50 am »

@Thrain: Fire lock doors are intended to prevent the spread of fires. If the crew inside could just open them, then the fire can get out. Gasses is an odder one, not too sure what to say about that.

Yes i now. My idea was not intended to alter the way a fire lock door, locks itself when a fire is detected.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7467 on: February 21, 2010, 04:22:18 am »

as a person you shouldnt be able to punch yourself  :'(

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: February 21, 2010, 04:54:56 am »

or smash your head in with a plasma tank.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: February 21, 2010, 05:10:29 am »

exactly my thought
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 950