Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810417 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7335 on: February 19, 2010, 04:34:40 pm »

How about a switch on the bridge that unlocks extra tanks, and then reduce the number available normally?

Or have the air tanks too large to fit in your bag, so that you must carry them, and the extra effort would make most players not use them.

Or maybe it takes 4 of your 7 bag slots?

Edit: It would still allow workers to bring air with them, at least me, since sometimes when I go to do large construction projects, I put all the supplies in a locker and drag it with me, since most of the supplies are too large to carry except one in each hand.

Edit again:
To other coders, what are you going to work on?
I want to get back into developing, but don't want to accidentally intrude on your work, either by making mutually exclusive modifications to a file or writing code that does the same thing, or makes it obsolete.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 04:38:05 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: February 19, 2010, 04:36:22 pm »

Or just not fit on your back? Although that is really useful when things are bad, as you can open toolboxes and such.

EDIT: Heads has been modding the zombies a lot, and it has broken the radios.

HEY! What if we just make characters much slower with otanks on their backs?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 04:42:03 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: February 19, 2010, 04:42:05 pm »

The air tank *must* fit on your back, since otherwise the only option is carrying it, and when you fall, you drop what you are holding, including the air keeping you alive in a hostile environment.

Better to just prevent players from putting one in their bag, so that they must choose between a bag and an air tank to be worn. Neither method prevents players from creating a cache of supplies, either in a locker or an unused room, but if you can't wear your air tank, then the moment you pass out, even for an instant, you are DEAD. (Since you would likely be in a fire, toxic environment, or space, and in any one of them you probably don't have time to pick up and reactivate your air, especially considering the time it takes to stand up)
Eh?
Eh!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: February 19, 2010, 04:47:08 pm »

Well maybe have emercency air canisters that hold less then the actual ones but enough to get a full big one?

Also maybe the bridge should have it's own air supply and system because well,the bridge is very important.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: February 19, 2010, 04:49:49 pm »

There are 6 on the arrival shuttle, 1 in each of the supply closets. There are multiple masks and a tank dispenser in tool storage. There are several more masks plus firesuits and another dispenser in engineering. Atmos has a emergency closet too. All the heads and the captain have a Ecloset in their room. Medical has medical masks if you can get access to oxygen tanks. Fire station has masks and firesuits, also just needs tanks. There are two Eclosets at the end of the emergency shuttle arms. There are a few scattered about in the maintenance tunnels. There are I believe six medical masks in EVA storage along with a tank dispenser plus jetpacks. There are several Eclosets in crew quarters. There is at least one Ecloset in both of the security stations. I think I got them all.

So yea, for 12 players, there are more then enough freely accessible internals for everyone to have them, assuming something is going wrong.

This.  One of my biggest concerns with the last map (originally) was that the amount of readily-available emergency internal sets were far too low for the average population of the map (about a dozen emergency closets across the station, most locked in some restricted area or other, for 10 people on the Bay12 server, or 30-40 people on the goonservers).  I admit I probably put fewer closets out in this map than I would have liked, but there are still plenty of tank dispensers and masks in reasonably-accessable areas.  Also, I thought I had placed oxygen tank dispensers in the fire station, but I guess It must have slipped my mind.

Also, I do like the idea of making tanks too big to fit in the backpack.  One of my pet peeves is when people head straight for a closet and take a tank/mask for absolutely no reason, and while this won't stop it by any means it will certainly deter someone from walking around with it "just in case."

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: February 19, 2010, 04:51:30 pm »

Well maybe have emercency air canisters that hold less then the actual ones but enough to get a full big one?

NO! I HATED when the goons implemented that. The air canisters aren't worth it. They would have to go on your back, but considering they would have less air and would be smaller, and the only point of them would be so you can go get a big one........ It's sorta useless, especially if you have them not on your back.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: February 19, 2010, 04:51:49 pm »

I'm always a fan of making it a tase offense to be wearing a mask for no reason.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: February 19, 2010, 04:54:09 pm »

I agree with Beorn.

Besides, we need more court cases. It needs to be a traitor goal to win in a court case.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: February 19, 2010, 04:56:00 pm »

Court is cool,when you ahve people who know what they are doing and aren't just going "we all know you did it, you will be cuffed,muzzled and blindfolded and then launched to space"

Oh how i hate making the animation sprites.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:00:51 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: February 19, 2010, 05:06:02 pm »

Animating does suck sometimes...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: February 19, 2010, 05:07:04 pm »

I agree with Beorn.

Besides, we need more court cases. It needs to be a traitor goal to win in a court case.

That could only work if you set up a game event to recognise when the traitor wins.

Additionally, players would just tell the game that every case is a loss to force the traitor to lose, and then act on the true outcome.

Also, any particular reason why the maps are .dmp? They changed it to .dmm because it is a more unique file extension, though both work...
(Why use the old naming convention, when the new one is practically identical with less OS conflicts?)
I was wondering, so I googled it and found

Code: [Select]
The extension for map files has changed from .dmp to .dmm to prevent conflicts on some systems.At http://www.byond.com/docs/notes/400.html, so they are probably functionally equivalent...
Eh?
Eh!

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: February 19, 2010, 05:10:33 pm »

I usually make it a law that people are to be arrested if they're wearing emergency gear if there's no emergency and their job doesn't require it.  And by "arrested" I mean shot.  I really hate when people do it.

So, maybe make it an actual law that doing so is a criminal offense?  I mean, not one that caries the death penalty, of course, but just something for the courts?

Actually, I could probably write up a list of laws, if you guys want.  The current legal system's pretty undefined right now, and right now you pretty much only get into legal trouble if the Captain calls for the security team to detain you, so maybe an actual set of laws and rules of legal conduct would be of benefit?

@querty; I always assumed the game predates that change, and every mapper after that either didn't know, or didn't care to change it.  I know I didn't.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: February 19, 2010, 05:27:05 pm »

It seems that we never get any security teams.

Also maybe you should post the laws so that we can all agree to them?(It would be fair)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: February 19, 2010, 05:31:28 pm »

It's mostly that the new map has the same, so I assume that, like I did, they might have assumed that there may have been a diffrence in functionality. Then I googled it, just to check.

Also outdated:
findText (note the capital T) has been replaced by the identical findtextEx.
findtext is unchanged, and technically, findText still works.

Basically, findText was the case-sentive version of findtext, but since it relied on the capitalization of the command, it could be confusing. Though the old one works, you can rename them with no change in functionality, excpet possibly the elimination of compile-time warnings of "findText: findText is being phased out; replace with findtextEx"

Still would like to know what others are working on, to coordinate efforts better(Two people doing the same thing isn't very efficient, and neither is incompatible edits to the code)
Eh?
Eh!

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: February 19, 2010, 05:37:21 pm »

Well head is working on changes to the zombie code.
I'm not really sure what I'm working on :)
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 950