Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808131 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9960 on: April 10, 2010, 10:11:22 pm »

@X2: We already have working pods. The maps just need to be laid out properly, and a few other things taken care of to prevent, problems.

@Ary; AI is a player. It does the best it can.

@Coders: SQUEE! Buildable pipes yay. Also, you guys are great.

@Quinn: Quit trying to supercharge AI turret powers.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: April 10, 2010, 10:11:46 pm »

Orb was being a total retard last round.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: April 10, 2010, 10:17:10 pm »

We need a ingame clock that takes a minute per hour ingame, would allow RP events like dinner and meetings. Wouldn't be hard to code I wouldn't think.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: April 10, 2010, 10:22:52 pm »

@X2: We already have working pods. The maps just need to be laid out properly, and a few other things taken care of to prevent, problems.

@Ary; AI is a player. It does the best it can.

@Coders: SQUEE! Buildable pipes yay. Also, you guys are great.

@Quinn: Quit trying to supercharge AI turret powers.

Wha? I wasn't doing it for the AI, I was just testing after everyone else was dead. I had to blow it up because it spammed so much.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: April 10, 2010, 10:25:35 pm »

Speaking of blowing up, can we decide if admins get general delete powers or not. Many times I've had a need for delete.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sixteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: April 10, 2010, 10:30:48 pm »

Always x/y/z = 0. Bit slower, but it works. Unless you're trying to do turfs.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #9966 on: April 10, 2010, 10:58:58 pm »

Well branching is easy.

git branch "name of branch"
git checkout "name of branch"
<do commit work as normal>
git push "address" "name of branch"

And sukasa suggested calling New() a second time

I use Git Gui, so it was "branch (menu)->Create" then fill out the form(leaving the automatic checkout box checked).

Speaking of blowing up, can we decide if admins get general delete powers or not. Many times I've had a need for delete.

I think that that would be a good command, but should be limited by admin level and object type. Admin-level-medium should only be able to use it on /obj and derivatives, lower can't at all, above can use it on anything.

Also, whose decision was it to create a unique named instance for every single filter? Editing the p_dir on every single one...

Well, the map and code are now up to the branch's new standard for pipe directions being set anywhere except /New() and procs called from it.

I must sleep, so I shall commit my changes for the night.
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: April 10, 2010, 11:06:26 pm »

Topkasa, I like the new admin panel, and I know I'm a super admin, but what are the different levels currently, and what do they do?

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: April 10, 2010, 11:09:56 pm »

Somebody isn't very responsible. Last night, I slipped into the job assignment room and discovered somebody had forgotten to log out of the security computer. I promptly changed Jade's fingerprint hash to 'hotcocksinmouth', and edited somebody else's criminal record to accuse him of my murder.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: April 10, 2010, 11:16:53 pm »

Somebody isn't very responsible. Last night, I slipped into the job assignment room and discovered somebody had forgotten to log out of the security computer. I promptly changed Jade's fingerprint hash to 'hotcocksinmouth', and edited somebody else's criminal record to accuse him of my murder.

Yeah, thats normalish. I've discovered the HoP's card in the ID machine before. Stupid stuff like that is just BEGGING for me to steal everything that isn't bolted down, and come back for that stuff later.

Edit: Is it bad that I'm not even sure what level admin I am.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:22:06 pm by beorn080 »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: April 10, 2010, 11:27:39 pm »

Different admin powers give you different options and allow you access to different adminy stuff.  Eventually, APv2 will grey out stuff you can't use.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: April 10, 2010, 11:41:30 pm »

Double Crash.  Restarting...
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: April 10, 2010, 11:45:47 pm »

Yeah, thats normalish. I've discovered the HoP's card in the ID machine before. Stupid stuff like that is just BEGGING for me to steal everything that isn't bolted down, and come back for that stuff later.

Edit: Is it bad that I'm not even sure what level admin I am.

CRASH! Nice bug feature BTW.

Beorn, press partially disable restarts and set it back. It'll have your admin level at the end of the message.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: April 11, 2010, 01:21:08 am »

I'm loggin' out now.

Hey Googol, do you have an approx. day you will be home/can RAR up code?

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: April 11, 2010, 02:20:14 am »

Okay guys, almost done the ESCAPE PODS update ;)
What happened to our old escape pods?
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 950