Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807700 times)

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9780 on: April 08, 2010, 06:34:44 pm »

Okay, in my dev copy I'm able to talk and use the radio (now, I'm assuming that when you say you "can't talk" that not even you can hear what you're saying, so if someone wants me to bring my server up I can.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

blueothello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: April 08, 2010, 06:36:42 pm »

Okay, in my dev copy I'm able to talk and use the radio (now, I'm assuming that when you say you "can't talk" that not even you can hear what you're saying, so if someone wants me to bring my server up I can.
Yesssssssss.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: April 08, 2010, 06:37:26 pm »

Server going up, then.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: April 08, 2010, 07:12:50 pm »

Whoops :D
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: April 08, 2010, 07:59:19 pm »

head fixed it now

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: April 08, 2010, 08:23:34 pm »

Topaska wished me to post this here, my gasmask that would go nice with his server's style.
I also would like to pitch a few ideas for gasmasks while I am at it ( with place holder spirites of cource) .

The Icon file can be downloaded here:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/Gasmask_Civilian.dmi

Hopefully you guy's don't mind the fact it isn't in a zip, if you want it compressed I can compress it and repost a link.
Anyway,

Civilian gasmask Version 0.5 FAU (Filter Accecpted Unit):

The FAU is a civilian gasmask designed to provide the wearer with protection from harsh environments and chemicals. It comes with a Hardened chemical resistant silicon based viewing screen designed for maximum protection to the eyes, it has been tested to not shatter under extreme cold or melt in extreme heats.
The FAU accecpts Filters and external oxygen tanks.

Chemical filter Version 0.5 DMSU (Deadly Material Separation Unit)
Small:

Large:

The Filter units are designed to work in spaces where deadly chemicals are present and filter them from the oxygen so the user can breathe clean air. Filters only work when oxygen is present in the atmosphere, a filter can only absorb a set amount of toxin chemicals and will need cleaning.

Small filter can be attached and placed in pockets or on belts, the large filter can only be placed on a belt.
Filters will Not work in environments with no oxygen or minimum oxygen levels.

Scrubber Filter, scrubbers use these filter to filter the oxygen in a station, these giant filters are to be replaced by atmos techs every so often, the station grade scrubber has a stack of 4 of these per scrubber, portable scrubbers contain only one, they are like a large filter but cannot be attached to masks, hold more toxins and cannot fit into belts or pockets (hurr) .

This would give Atmos something to do besides gassing the station, managing gas levels, etc...
The scrubbers would be able to filter out toxins from the station if there was ever a large leak, they would require the time of replacing the filters and cleaning them, but it would be easier than carrying siphons around and leaving them out for greifers to let the plasma fly.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: April 08, 2010, 08:29:13 pm »

I'm not sure about the filters on helmets. It seems to me that if there's a major atmospheric alert going on people'd just grab internals anyway and not even bother with anything else. That said, a scrubber you can just carry around with you that clears the air, that I like a lot.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: April 08, 2010, 08:32:29 pm »

Yes, Atmos really needs more usefullness other than to gas the place... and with that, the traitorous traitor should have more ways to gas the place if he dosnt have the acsess currently needed now. Like some kind of device that spreads plasma across the station.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:34:44 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: April 08, 2010, 09:35:41 pm »

I'm not sure about the filters on helmets. It seems to me that if there's a major atmospheric alert going on people'd just grab internals anyway and not even bother with anything else. That said, a scrubber you can just carry around with you that clears the air, that I like a lot.

This is me, from the past! Er, but I sill agree with it now.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: April 08, 2010, 09:39:39 pm »

I am in fact, Dr. Johbson. I just dicked around in Genetics one too many times.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: April 08, 2010, 09:43:32 pm »

I really really don't like the new walls.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: April 08, 2010, 09:45:24 pm »

New...walls....YAY! I MUST PLAY!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: April 08, 2010, 10:41:22 pm »

I really really don't like the new R walls as well.

And a traitor in malfunction is a bit overkill, when it takes perfect timing to make it anyway, if you go with the alert and the AI does not deactivate the tele. Because the plasma defense is basically impossible to get past, when we don't have any working firesuits, and it takes a long time to go out.

And if its a good AI, you have to go through the walls because it makes hacking doors near impossible.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:50:34 pm by MagmaDeath »
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: April 08, 2010, 11:59:21 pm »

Nah I could get into the teleporter easy, all I need is internals, a tool box, and a few minutes.. And the fire defense isn't that scary, you either go past it and break a window and hide in the back, or go backwards until it goes out. Fire suits are also in the fire station which is close to the teleporter.

I don't see any new reinforced walls. In fact I've been playing for about an hour and didn't see anyone else on. There were just 4 people every round was bugged, someone was always stuck in some sort of "I can't move" bug, and then it ended 10 minutes ago when I died and suddenly noone could call a vote for a restart, even though I was the traitor and died. When I joined someone got "It" mode going....Did it really mess with the entire server? Get rid of it.

Speaking of getting rid of stuff, get rid of auto-open doors. They are cool but

1. The AI cannot electrify anyone if they know that walking up to the door doesn't trigger the electrocution and if it doesn't open it is bolted. So anyone can easily bypass any electrocution attempts by the AI. This is increasingly annoying when the zombies do this. That's really the AI's only offensive movement against them.

2. Accidentally walking into one can open up doors that shouldn't be opened int he presence of others, or get opened due to lag.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: April 09, 2010, 12:05:25 am »

Nah I could get into the teleporter easy, all I need is internals, a tool box, and a few minutes.. And the fire defense isn't that scary, you either go past it and break a window and hide in the back, or go backwards until it goes out. Fire suits are also in the fire station which is close to the teleporter.

I don't see any new reinforced walls. In fact I've been playing for about an hour and didn't see anyone else on. There were just 4 people every round was bugged, someone was always stuck in some sort of "I can't move" bug, and then it ended 10 minutes ago when I died and suddenly noone could call a vote for a restart, even though I was the traitor and died. When I joined someone got "It" mode going....Did it really mess with the entire server? Get rid of it.

Speaking of getting rid of stuff, get rid of auto-open doors. They are cool but

1. The AI cannot electrify anyone if they know that walking up to the door doesn't trigger the electrocution and if it doesn't open it is bolted. So anyone can easily bypass any electrocution attempts by the AI. This is increasingly annoying when the zombies do this. That's really the AI's only offensive movement against them.

2. Accidentally walking into one can open up doors that shouldn't be opened int he presence of others, or get opened due to lag.

That was headswes server.

Topeskas is up.

Micro, power can be disabled, ect.

And most people aren't that good at hacking.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 950