Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807718 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9765 on: April 08, 2010, 04:11:25 pm »

Ok, since security is almost always complained about being ineffictiant, stupid,  ect, I have decided come up with a few ideas to make security better.

1. Weapon Scanner. Found in the forensics room, it detects what weapon caused the damage. If it was hands, it will tell you the fingerprint(Since I believe finger print scanners dont detect strangulation).

I mean, this is the future, so obviously there will be ways to tell what kind of object caused what kind of damage. While not very usefull if it says "toolbox", it will be usefull if it says "revolver", or ect. If you find a bloody toolbox and study the print, you can find out who killed who.

2. Flashbangs that dont blind, and sunglasses that work. Ok, so we all know flashbangs are bad, since they ruin people's gameplay by blinding them and making them death(if someone could tell me how to spell that correctly...). Also, sunglasses dont help at all, from what ive seen(They may slow the blinding process). When you throw a flashbang, your likely to be stunned also, and since your a security officer, you will slowly go blind. Earmuffs cause more damage than good, since you cant hear anyone. All im suggesting is that flashbangs dont cause blindness, and dont stun when sunglasses are on. If your within two tiles of the flashbang, you go temporarally death(like 30 seconds). If your within 1 tile of the flashbang, you go temporarally blind(like 10 seconds).

3. Bomb removal equipment. I know, its from goon, but occationally there is a bomb situation in which the traitor has you. What if he has a suicide vest? There isnt much you can do, but watch him blow up something. There is the suicide command, and its gets risky. Bomb removal equipment protect damage from 500 degree bombs, and you survive really big bombs(you can figure out the limit). While in the equipment, you move half speed.

4. Faster Prison Shuttle. Kind of obvious, but games are too short to store someone on the prison station. It also takes too long to free them. Should be reduced down to like 1 minute, or 30 seconds, to keep the game going.

1. Awesome idea

2. Yeah sunglasses should block the flash part of a flash bang, but they don't. (it's spelled "deaf") Advanced earmuffs that block out noise of a certain "loudness" (for lack of a better word). We need more things for ears, so far it's only earmuffs but no one used them.

3. No, then you have people wearing said equipment running around with a bomb that could detonate at any time and they don't have to worry. You just need to extend the length it takes to commit suicide. Make it 30 seconds or something. Enough time for someone to take the armor off you.

4. I want to try that prison mode, where 1 person snuck in a screw driver and they all try to escape.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: April 08, 2010, 04:29:24 pm »

Idea for ear equipment: Ear plug speaker, hard to detect and only you can hear it, useful for listening in on conversations when used with intercoms.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: April 08, 2010, 05:45:09 pm »

Suicide vests bugged, had a heated and welded bomb, but when I died by AI's turrets, the vest disappeared. Wasn't wearing it and it wasn't on the floor.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: April 08, 2010, 05:56:24 pm »

BYOND Central is not accessible.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: April 08, 2010, 05:59:17 pm »

It's fine here.

Micro: The vest is really easy to quickly detonate, by typing suicide, hitting yes, then typing succumb.  Instant BOOM.  I'll still look it it not actually exploding though.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: April 08, 2010, 06:02:03 pm »

"At Micro"

Bomb removal equipment wearing will make you extremely slow..."oh hey, I have a bomb, and no one is going to stun me, and I can run away, weee!"

In reality, if they place a bomb, they wont have a space suit, they will be on a space tile, and will die due to coldness, end of story. Or ect.

Really, any item in the game can be exploited, this is just one of them.

Easy bomb making equipment in the plasma researcher lab? Oh NOEZ! Everyone will blow up the station with bombs!
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #9771 on: April 08, 2010, 06:08:10 pm »

3. Bomb removal equipment. I know, its from goon, but occationally there is a bomb situation in which the traitor has you. What if he has a suicide vest? There isnt much you can do, but watch him blow up something. There is the suicide command, and its gets risky. Bomb removal equipment protect damage from 500 degree bombs, and you survive really big bombs(you can figure out the limit). While in the equipment, you move half speed.

I mused about a possibility of an engine maintainence suit that would basically be a wearable tank, but be really slow. If it were especially resistant to bombs, then it would give traitors even more of a reason to infiltrate engineering. A practical idea would be to make it unpushable and immune to airflow, with it's only weakness being a full toolbox and then some other stuff on top of that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eh?
Eh!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: April 08, 2010, 06:09:53 pm »

Or just make a better firesuit, hands down. It currently can only really handle the smallest of blazes.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

blueothello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: April 08, 2010, 06:17:23 pm »

Hey can we get a mod? Owlaton is griefing(plus more people) and normal talking isn't showing up.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: April 08, 2010, 06:17:46 pm »

Coming..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: April 08, 2010, 06:19:10 pm »

The normal talk bug was strange.
Radio chat could be heard, monkeyed people could be heard, And I'm not sure about revived people, as micro forced a reboot with change game mode.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: April 08, 2010, 06:20:05 pm »

The vote glitched too. I had to reboot the server.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sixteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: April 08, 2010, 06:20:15 pm »

About Owl, he played a while ago when I was admin on the other goon server. He also griefed, but by bombs and "dwarf" bombs made in sandbox by stacking canisters on a single square.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: April 08, 2010, 06:24:45 pm »

And crash?
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: April 08, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »

Crash...I monkified everyone so they could talk...but it crashed shortly after.

We have major bugs, nobody can talk at all. Revert whatever changes you did.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 950