Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 807856 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9675 on: April 06, 2010, 10:15:26 pm »

I dunno Johb. I kind of have a problem with people comparing me to fucking hitler.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: April 06, 2010, 10:18:14 pm »

I don't understand why people keep playing rounds if they think the server sucks, and then complain about how they were mistreated again. Really, there are other games to play, and then you can come back, calm, and then you could *PM* the correct people so the thread doesn't get locked. Because at this rate, thread will be gone in less than a week. Calm down, everyone, again, please, for the sake of the game.

Fact- Yelling at people does not fix problems, it creates more.

I dunno Johb. I kind of have a problem with people comparing me to fucking hitler.

It happens, this is not the place to complain about it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 10:21:24 pm by Dr. Johbson »

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: April 07, 2010, 12:01:22 am »

Yea, Magma's just angry because he's unable to comprehend sometimes that he's wrong, both to me and the community as a whole.
Eh, I don't admit I'm wrong, but I do admit I've overreacted, as I usually do.

The whole problem here was essentially googol forcing me to suicide, for hacking a door, then after reviving me after I called him out on OOC, magically causing thousands of units of N20 to appear where I was, killing me in under a second. Then in the next round, I'm banned for calling him out on it.

Sukasa, Head was annoyed about the changes, and I belived he was taking down the good server because of it, which is the reason I mentioned it.
Cecliff and Quinn had no idea what was going on, because noone did.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: April 07, 2010, 12:25:46 am »

The whole problem here was essentially googol forcing me to suicide, for hacking a door, then after reviving me after I called him out on OOC
I don't think making a mistake and trying to fix it is a bad thing
magically causing thousands of units of N20 to appear where I was, killing me in under a second.
That was an asshole move on my part, I was getting quite annoyed at the time, I accept full blame for this
Then in the next round, I'm banned for calling him out on it.
The ban wasn't for calling me out on it, hell I mentioned that it was me that did it in adminchat because I knew that it had been such a bad move.
The ban was because after alot of round of playing with you and woose, you don't grief, but you come so close to the line, so often. Thats the main reason you were banned. I've unbanned you before, and you've had many warnings, but you don't get the point. This is why it is a perma-ban.
If you want to appeal it further, PM another admin who you think will help, if theres consensus I will unban you.

Being a server admin is not the easiest job, we don't have access to full details on all the events that have happened, and we have to do our best, we are only human. If you think you can do a better job, and run a better server, PM me, and I'll see about sending some server bineries over
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 12:32:19 am by Googolplexed »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: April 07, 2010, 05:41:48 am »

So I knocked someone out with a sleepy pen, injected them with monkey-transformation serum, forced a suicide pill down their throats and shot them out a mass driver along with all his stuff, leaving no trace.

I make a pretty good traitor, I think. If not particularly inventive.

Well, it was a good plan except for two things. I tried to use the sleepy pen twice (a-durrrr) and I set off the self destruct on the headset in an enclosed space (a-durrrrrrrrrrrr). I had no idea it was so powerful. I locked myself in the room and had to teleport out. Thank god I had a teleport.

EDIT: Also Dark was another traitor, apparently. I'm not sure I could beat him, and he tased me. I don't think that's a win for him, but I think he probably would have won if the round continued. I'd have to do some seriously quick thinking, to be sure.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 05:54:14 am by Jackrabbit »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: April 07, 2010, 06:20:34 am »

*Hatefest* Rawr rawr rawr......

Personally, I think both sides are misunderstanding. The admins, well, have to work with "some of the information", and I believe ban more on emotion than fact, but thats their choice. A ban is pretty bad, even just the name, which is why it causes so many problems. Maybe something like "cooldown", and it lasts for maybe 3 games, or three hours. Its not a big deal if you know how long, and its for a reletively short time. Also, I believe some people just cant comprehend proper RP, and I would understand that. RP is a learning experience, and im constantly learning on how to do it correctly. Such as one month ago, I would stun as soon as I saw someone doing something wrong. Now, I ask them questions(possibly getting me killed/him running away), then stun.

I would give some slack on RP for certain players, and when they do wrong, give them advice(not insult), and fix the problems they created.

On the other hand, I see problems with the players in this fest. Like I just said, admins dont have all the information, and will have to make decisions. THis IS a free service, and there are other servers. This service isnt a guarateed right.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #9681 on: April 07, 2010, 06:44:26 am »

How about the ability to "suspend" someone, meaning that they can only play as an observer for a while?

Is there an option for a timed ban? # of rounds ban?
Eh?
Eh!

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: April 07, 2010, 07:28:46 am »

The trouble is, what do you do with someone who is constantly banned. No-one can deny the number of times magma has been banned with good reason. There gets to a point where I can't give him more chances. The other part which makes the ban so difficult is that he never flat-out breaks the rules, but he walks that thin line so often that it's hard to ignore.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: April 07, 2010, 07:52:43 am »

I have banned people for being bad roleplayers, having bad attitudes, being annoying, complaining way too much, excessive swearing, lying, being a horrible AI/Captain on purpose, (Not horrible on purpose, but being captain/AI after I have asked them to stop playing those jobs) among...many, other things, I think you would be safe to ban someone for almost doing these things more than once.

Hell, I don't even know why we have a rule list, it's long, and anyone with common sense knows how to act to not get banned. I've considered just replacing the rules with "This is a roleplaying enforced server, don't be a bloody idiot." Certainly makes the MOTD shorter. Anyone who really has to ask if you can toolbox someone in the face is likely an idiot and I believe I made a rule about idiots a few months ago just so people would stop pestering me about how being a mass murderer every round for five rounds in a row wasn't on the list, or something.

I think I went off an a tangent somewhere and I don't have time to proofread this so I know it makes sense, or even gets my point across, but I got to go, and I don't want to type out whatever I was talking about out again. Uh. hopefully whatever I was talking about helped.  :P

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: April 07, 2010, 08:02:58 am »

There should be an option "be captain: yes/no in the character set-up because I was playing and for abotu 6 rounds in a row I got captain and hated it.
Everyone whines about how you suck at being captain because you are trying to update the maifest,organize things, be the judge, w/e. Pissed me off to the point of silently rage quitting.
And then those who don't know how to play good can make sure they are never captain.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: April 07, 2010, 08:05:42 am »

But you won't be the captain if you've filled out your job preferences properly unless nobody else chose it, and there always needs to be a captain. I'd suggest that the game tracks how many times you've been captain and won't make you captain twice in a row.

Anyway, Johbson, I like the MOTD. It's interesting to read.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: April 07, 2010, 09:14:23 am »

Hey Jackrabbit its me, Wrongnumber that guy you did the very technical death to. Ill give it to the man it was pretty cool and OVERLY technical but is still makes a good story

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9687 on: April 07, 2010, 09:16:51 am »

No kill like overkill.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: April 07, 2010, 09:29:29 am »

Mmm, if you say so, hey there server is still up and i have nothing to do, and i have to get you back for that some time. You keen?

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: April 07, 2010, 09:32:09 am »

There should be an option "be captain: yes/no in the character set-up because I was playing and for abotu 6 rounds in a row I got captain and hated it.
Everyone whines about how you suck at being captain because you are trying to update the maifest,organize things, be the judge, w/e. Pissed me off to the point of silently rage quitting.
And then those who don't know how to play good can make sure they are never captain.

Aye, that would be a helpful command, but until then, if that does happen again, I recommend you adminhelp it, most times one of us can do something about it, and then everyone's happy. Or just announce it over OOC, people usually have more patience if they know you're new. Or better yet, roleplay being a new captain, but we really should have a captain toggle feature.
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 950