Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808729 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9015 on: March 26, 2010, 06:50:19 am »

The current implementation simply increases the damage required to kill a zombie. The easiest way to make the crowbar better is... To make the crowbar better! Editing all weapons to do less damage to zombies would be nearly pointless and hard to fix at a later date.

Also, I don't know if there are zombie generations, but from what I heard it is actually that there is a bonus based on the number of other nearby zombies and only the "leader" one(s) can take down a wall unaided, while the others have to have at least one other nearby, although not nessecarily helping.

Edit:

Idea: A zombie disguise. It simply changes your skin colour while you are wearing it, and occupies the spacesuit/firesuit /armor equipment spot.

That, or zombie gloves and a zombie mask.

The result is pranks that can go horribly wrong if the target doesn't RP well. Also, it would help reduce bad RP in real rounds, since players can assume that it could just be another player, wearing a costume at first.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:56:05 am by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: March 26, 2010, 07:14:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are no zombie "generations"

The only real perk zombie leader has is the ability to destroy R-walls by himself.

Interesting idea Qwerty.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

ReaperSWE

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: March 26, 2010, 07:31:34 am »

Get a server back up!  >:(

amirHM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: March 26, 2010, 08:34:14 am »

Could someone code in game modes that unlock once a certain number of people vote? Say 10 people vote for traitor/nuclear/zombie...whatever, then a new option appears, which requires at least 10 players to be any good.

That's a good idea.That way people wont be able to vote for nuke when there are only 3 players. :P

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: March 26, 2010, 09:49:15 am »

Putting server up.

need test subjects.
so expect restarts until everything works as intended.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: March 26, 2010, 11:20:35 am »

Added the conveyors and such to git, they were referenced in the .dme and an older conveyor.dmi file was in the .rsc, but the source files themselves weren't there.

E: Also added auto-open to doors, and updated their autoclose so that doors other than airlocks also autoclose.  Pod Door opening/closing aren't affected by this, as they shouldn't be.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:37:53 am by Sukasa »
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: March 26, 2010, 12:03:04 pm »

Regarding the zombie suit, since zombie media is popular, it would make sense for a fanatic to get one.

Maybe on the supply shuttle, or in some sort of recreational room?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: March 26, 2010, 01:57:27 pm »

E: Also added auto-open to doors, and updated their autoclose so that doors other than airlocks also autoclose.  Pod Door opening/closing aren't affected by this, as they shouldn't be.

Auto open, as in run into and it opens?

Zombie suits would be flipping awesome, especially in zombie mode.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9023 on: March 26, 2010, 02:00:57 pm »

Yeah, as in run into it and it opens (of course, assuming you actually have access.  Sorry, Urist McAssistant, you still aren't getting into medical research)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: March 26, 2010, 02:09:16 pm »

There will of course be a wire added to disable this feature correct?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Dyjeccu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: March 26, 2010, 02:19:33 pm »

Gentlemen, I submit to you a few points of note. I have seen them brushed aside often, but here I plead for a serious tone. Also, I appologise now, as I do generalize by speaking to all B12 admins.

First, admins should not treat the hosted B12 server as their own toybox. Do _not_ come no-clipping in to atmos, set fire to the gas store, then throw the poor atmos tech in to the inferno. Do _not_ waltz in to engineering, smash the place up, then throw the poor engineer in to the inferno. Different admins, same trend.
Even in sandbox mode, these players could be learning how to work BS12, and do not have your knowledge of every trick (Yes, the ones you consistently refuse to share).

Second, in more frequent reoccurrence lately I have seen BS12 hosted by someone only to be rebooted every five minutes for a half hour or longer. This happened today, to flip the TEG overlay icon orientation. I acknowledge some testing needs to be live, but please: if possible, keep minor tests offline.
B12 is not hosted 27/7.. and when it comes online people come to play. Again, please see a community resource as something other than your toybox.

Finally, there have been multiple occasions where I have approached a development team member offering work, to be summarily turned away. The reaction I see has become instinctual, as I have never been returned a question of qualification or offerings. I fear for this project's future, as a culture of exclusion can only stagnate and die.

These behaviors are frustrating to your current community, and  warn away future contributors. Those given authority should  be responsible to culture the community, and need to consider the  community's wants and needs. Should you be serious about this project, i wholeheartedly recommend  you consider these issues.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: March 26, 2010, 02:23:32 pm »

Yeah, as in run into it and it opens (of course, assuming you actually have access.  Sorry, Urist McAssistant, you still aren't getting into medical research)

YES!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: March 26, 2010, 02:25:36 pm »

Why the hell did an admin set the gases on fire? GASES ARE GOOD!

Also, I can't remember the last time I used admin powers other than banning. Oh wait, that time when it was only Google, Adhesive, Cecil, and me online. That was fun.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: March 26, 2010, 02:26:03 pm »

There will of course be a wire added to disable this feature correct?

This could be done, but at the moment the wire isn't there.  I'll add that to my todo list :)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: March 26, 2010, 02:31:20 pm »

First, admins should not treat the hosted B12 server as their own toybox. Do _not_ come no-clipping in to atmos, set fire to the gas store, then throw the poor atmos tech in to the inferno. Do _not_ waltz in to engineering, smash the place up, then throw the poor engineer in to the inferno. Different admins, same trend.

This sounds quite worrying. It can be ok if an admin walks around naked noclipping ( last time headswe did it, we roleplayed it being a poltergeist- I even assigned somebody to be a ghost buster). But if they use admin powers to interfere with normal gameplay, that is very bad and should be reported. I suggest you speak to headswe about this.
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 950