Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808772 times)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #9000 on: March 25, 2010, 07:25:44 pm »

-Zombies don't ever seem to die
How is this a bug again?

Of course, I have seen zombies die, not just from fire and plasma (which does them in quick) but I've watched a few of them die from the AI's laser turrets.  They just take a lot of damage and regenerate in the presence of oxygen.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: March 25, 2010, 07:32:44 pm »

Ah ha, oxygen. That changes things. Still, if you bash one's head in for a minute with a fire extinguisher, it shouldn't get up again.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: March 25, 2010, 07:42:09 pm »

I have....I was unfortunate enough to walk into all 3 heads and the captain once (they were not metagaming just close by) and they all had their lasers....Guess how quickly I dropped  :).

Anyway after hearing laser guns go off, my toxins warning flashing, and doors opening and closing for the next 10 minutes, there is finally silence, then 5 minutes later I heal enough to be able to walk again, then the captain is standing in front of me and unloads his laser pistol into me again followed by a couple dozen blows to the head. 5 minutes later I get up again and eventually heal to full health......ZOMBIES NEED TO BE ABLE TO DIE!!!!

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: March 25, 2010, 07:50:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure they'll die if you chuck 'em out an airlock.  If not, well, they're not your problem anymore, anyway.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9004 on: March 26, 2010, 12:04:36 am »

Clearly someone with a weapon is automatically severely outclassed by someone without one.   ::)

Edit: All this talk about teams fighting each other reminds me.

Is Capture the Flag still hiding in the code somewhere?

I really hope so. CTF in all games = awesome.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: March 26, 2010, 12:23:03 am »

QuinnR, about your sig....., I'm afriad elf-lovers arn't allowed to hold admin positions, I'm really very sorry :P

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: March 26, 2010, 01:40:52 am »

NOoOOOOOOooOO! What's wrong with elves?
Spoiler: Actually (click to show/hide)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: March 26, 2010, 01:45:50 am »

NOoOOOOOOooOO! What's wrong with elves?

It's actually a quote from Order of the Stick. It is said after an elf throws a hobgoblin over a tower. Very dwarfy.

Elves in DF are sucky hypocrites!

Fix'd
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: March 26, 2010, 01:46:46 am »

Well, I just made some minor modifications to syndicate cards, you can now forge them to create a new identity

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9009 on: March 26, 2010, 02:09:40 am »

Forge? Howso?

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: March 26, 2010, 02:49:41 am »

As per goonstation wiki
Agent Card
This is a special ID card that makes you untrackable by the AI. You can forge any name and assignment on it and make it look more like a real ID

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: March 26, 2010, 02:53:31 am »

Jeez, mates, if you guys need ideas, I've got some, don't have to take them directly from the GS wiki.  :P

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: March 26, 2010, 03:14:50 am »

Nah, It was the best way to make the ID useful.

And it will spice up nuke mode, the entire team of syndies could grab these plus voice-changers and infiltrate the station.

I'm also almost done implementing a new way to ban people

And all of the shuttles are fixed up

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: March 26, 2010, 05:30:00 am »

Nah, It was the best way to make the ID useful.

And it will spice up nuke mode, the entire team of syndies could grab these plus voice-changers and infiltrate the station.

I'm also almost done implementing a new way to ban people

And all of the shuttles are fixed up

I've fixed several lighting issues.

I'l throw them up on git later.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: March 26, 2010, 06:07:04 am »

Zombie killing lesson of the day.(This is more sort of guesses)

There are generations of zombies. I believe it goes, leader zombie is strongest, people that are bitten by the leader zombie are wimpier, and the people they bite are yet even more wimpier.

The higher the generation you are, the wimpier. I believe third generations cant break r-walls, and I have yet to see regular walls be unclawable by one zombie. The big differance between generations is heal rate and health. Leader zombie has tons of regen and health. Generation 5 gets knocked out by 1-3 lasers. The last zombie game I had, I knocked out two zombies with one laser gun, and went in to beat them in the heads with a fire exstinguisher. It took a while(plus the one minute they have to wait before dieing) but they eventually did. They were probably bordering generation 4, and the one who got KO'ed in one shot was probably like generation 6 or something.

Also, I believe higher generations get harmed by cold. The first 1-3 generations dont, and the rest slowly do, getting worse as you go. That would explain the differant zombie experiences with space. But, when I get harmed, I might actually be auto healing, I sometimes missread the colar change. So there may actually be no damage, I might have to test this later

"Edit" Also, never leave a zombie to die, it WILL auto heal, in its last minute, pulling it out from the edge. Just keep hitting it in the head with a melee weapon and you will be fine, it will go down in a few minutes. Just beware other zombies, and if your in a hallway, drag the zombie corpse to a room.

"Edit2" I was thinking last night, what about giving the crowbar a higher potential melee damage against zombies than the fire exstinguisher? Give all current melee weapons 90% of their current damage potential against zombies, and give the crowbar 110% of the original damage the fire exstinguisher does. As it is known in zombie games, there is always a crowbar, and there is always zombie heads splitting open. Make it a tad more "zombie" in my opinion. Of course, then how would we implement it?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:15:23 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 950