Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809707 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #8235 on: March 10, 2010, 01:10:46 pm »

Did you know:
Setting up a laser beam or proximity sensor and setting a radio on it will alert the radio with a *beep beep*.

So setting up one in EVA can be very helpful. (although you need 2, so they can't steal one.)

Also, THERMITE ROCKS!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: March 10, 2010, 01:16:58 pm »

Throwing monkeys sets off sensors.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: March 10, 2010, 01:29:54 pm »

Lag!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: March 10, 2010, 01:59:44 pm »

My gf is playing aion on the good computer.

Anyone think it's a good idea to set up a bug/additions tracker?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: March 10, 2010, 02:24:03 pm »

Bug tracker might be a good idea.

I saw you added zombie suicide!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: March 10, 2010, 02:41:19 pm »

Zombie suicide should release a Mustard Gas like cloud of spores that can infect people without internals.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: March 10, 2010, 02:50:21 pm »

That would be awesome.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: March 10, 2010, 03:11:33 pm »

That would be awesome.

Zombie suicide is going to visible for zombies only whenever i get around to it.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: March 10, 2010, 04:19:15 pm »

I think zombies(in my personal opinion) could be rebalanced in the following way.

Zombies have double the stun resistance of normal humans(unlike the near immunity of it).

And to compensate, zombies dont get harmed from plasma.

This will provide two things. One, zombies arent trapped because of plasma spamming everywhere. Two, humans can use stun guns and such to actually take out zombies, instead of having to inject the halls with plasma. Zombies still die from fire and so on.

One last thing, zombies should "barely" get harmed by space(such as cold damage), so people arent floating around all day, not suiciding because they are idiots.

I would suggest that zombies can take two stuns in say 10 seconds, and the third one knocks them out for half the time "variable" for a regular human. Of course, I dont know how any of this would be programmed, but its a suggestion, nethertheless.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: March 10, 2010, 04:28:50 pm »

Zombie suicide sorts out the spacing problem. If someone doesn't see it, just direct them to it.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: March 10, 2010, 05:23:04 pm »

I've been thinking. What would be the overhead performance wise on having certain actions being logged? Not everything like interacting with doors and the like. Things associated with griefing like cause of death, tracking what player killed what, actions involving bombs, etc?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: March 10, 2010, 05:59:40 pm »

That's what I was wondering too.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8247 on: March 10, 2010, 07:55:01 pm »

Nearly have a working banlog verb. It lets you write to file("ban/[ckey(target)].ban.log") where ckey(target) is:

-The ckey of a client currently on the server
-A ckey in the ban list
-A ckey in the unban list
-An IP in the ban list

It writes a
----------

Followed by a timestamp, and then it will write the writer's key and message.

Each line of the message woul be preceeded by a > to prevent faking.

Edit:
Some tinkering later, and I have it nearly complete!
Last change is the > line starts. Once that is done...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:21:13 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8248 on: March 10, 2010, 09:02:14 pm »

Success.

----------
Date: Wednesday March 10 2010
Time:20:32:41
Admin: uristqwerty
>Ban reasoning here
>Ban reasoning there
>
>a
>
>fbv
>ag
>a
>ga
>erg

Everything is working perfectly!

It will only accept banned players/IPs, active players, and players who were unbanned, so that false names cannot be used as spam or anything similar.

It can only be read through notepad by the host, but I am sure someone will add an in-game reader, and even without it, it is still immensely useful.

Also suggested: log ban-based proc calls. So actual bans will show up alongside the admin ban comments.

Forgot-to-post-edit:
Added some security, and a proc to log ban events for other coders to call. It would be for logging things like bans and jobbans, not writing comments, as it doesn't prefix each line with >, except the first. (On the main ban log writer that line would be the admin: line, and the comment would follow. That way, comments can be distinguished from automated loggings.)

That proc also has the advantage of using the same timestamp format and general layout.
Example of it's use, would be placed at the start of the fullban proc(after the return on bad arguments line)
Code: [Select]
logBanEvent(M.ckey,"crban_fullban:\nBanner:[banner]\nReason[reason]")
Okay, final tests, and I am ready to share the code.

Okay, how is the format?
Code: [Select]
----------
Time:20:58:17
Comment:
>Ban reasoning here

----------
Time:20:58:20
Comment:
>Ban reasoning here

----------
Time:20:58:24
Comment:
>Ban reasoning here

One bug, but it is almost a feature: If you submit it by hitting enter with the focus outside of the reason box, the reason is left blank. This only coommonly occurs when an admin(me) writes the name last or doesn't edit the reason. Since the only way to make that mistake would be to try to dismiss the box quickly, I'll leave it in as a feature.
Eh?
Eh!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: March 10, 2010, 09:43:17 pm »

looking awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 950