Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809883 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #8100 on: March 08, 2010, 04:07:24 pm »

Down again..

Mono124 logged in.
Connection failed.

I KNEW IT!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: March 08, 2010, 04:07:58 pm »

W- What did I do? Lol.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: March 08, 2010, 04:16:38 pm »

The engine generates power based on the difference in the hot and cold loops. Basically the more CO2 in the cold loop and the hotter then engine the better.

Setting the cold loop to 100% before connecting the CO2 canisters wouldn't be a bad idea. And I think the longer the CO2 has circulated before igniting the engine the better. But that doesn't really matter with this new engine.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: March 08, 2010, 04:18:47 pm »

I did a test before, and if you put CO2 into the hot and cold loops, set cold to 1% and hot to 100%, you can power the station without even igniting the engine. It's pretty fail win.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: March 08, 2010, 04:31:48 pm »

Server back up.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: March 08, 2010, 04:33:57 pm »

and it's down again..

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: March 08, 2010, 04:52:37 pm »

Whats crashing it anyways?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: March 08, 2010, 05:55:25 pm »

Syndicates, rule NUMBER ONE in nuclear, DO NOT USE CLOAKS!@!@!@#!@!@$!@$!$

I just stole my self a cloak from a hapless syndie, and yeah, stealth kills rock.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: March 08, 2010, 06:13:08 pm »

So how did the nuclear round go? I got disconnected shortly after beorn started bragging about cloak.

Also, any reply ont he goon server from BYOND?

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #8109 on: March 08, 2010, 06:17:23 pm »

Is there really any need to drag that up again? A PM would suffice, by bringing it up on the forums you kinda open the floor for arguments and just bad feeling.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: March 08, 2010, 06:19:24 pm »

I wasn't bragging, I was responding the the OMGWTF ADMIN ABUSE!!@!111!!!1! Really folks, its pretty simple, Cloaks in nuclear work well, but only if you don't lose them. If you lose them, you will lose the round.

It went pretty well. I took out 2/3 more syndicate after that.

Oh, there is a bug involving the strip screen, I can't close it on occasion, will need to test.

And yeah, don't bring that up again.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8111 on: March 08, 2010, 06:25:56 pm »

So, the power had been fixed, the air had been fixed, and then somebody found a new way to crash the server? Or added one?

Also, do you have the initial powernet build in one of the /world/New()s spawn() first? The alteration to the powernet rebuild code that prevents it from crashing was designed to be run spawn()ed or from a verb-origin, as it delays the code that called it, although anywhere except /world/New() and any of the main game loops it would be mostly harmless. Except for skewing bomb time calculations, although there should be a spawn() before it in the bomb code too, just for good measure.

Think pseudo-multithreading.

If you only have one thread, and it is in a function designed as a background process to the rest of the program, then when the program runs it, it will not run quickly at all.

But neither should you take the blanket solution of putting a spawn() within the powernet rebuild code, as code elsewhere depends on the rebuild finishing before it continues.

Finally, for run-time map section loading, the powernet and pipe building must nessecarily be delayed and spawn()ed, so if I sent the code for that, and anyone incorperated it into the main server, it should already start up at least 5 seconds faster.
Eh?
Eh!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: March 08, 2010, 08:27:25 pm »

Ok, whoever gave Adhesive admin is.... just no. He banned me for smacking the chemist with a fire extinguisher, who had stolen from genetics! I called security, they didn't come, and I told him to give it back or I would take it back. I hit him, he splashed me with acid, so I get pissed off and hit him again until he is unconcious. He drops a incindiary grenade and kills four people, and I get banned? No! Hell, he didn't even tell me I was going to get banned, he just said something along the lines of "HUR DUR DUR (That part IS exact, he HUR DUR DUR'd me), I SAW YOU HIT HIM WITH THE EXTINGUISHER" I said, "HUR DUR DUR, ITS GENETICS HE COULD HAVE STOLEN SOMETHING IMPORTANT!" *ban*

EDIT: OK, fine, he unbanned me right after I was banned... then again if he was going to do that, why the fuck didn't he just kick me? I don't know... just don't know.

EDIT2: Ok, banned again. I log on, ask in a completely non shitty way how he can ban me, but not ban Tipps considering what Tipps does when no admins are on (Adhesive has been their when Tipps has griefed a very large amount of people when Adhesive wasn't an admin) and, ban. Hell, he didn't even PM me or talk in ooc after I said that question, it was just, *ban*.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:38:25 pm by Mono124 »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: March 08, 2010, 08:42:59 pm »

Mono was banned for screaming curse words over OOC+griefing and being agressive and such. Again.
And I think the server crashed. Again.
And possibly from Mono being pissed off about being banned. Again.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: March 08, 2010, 08:44:20 pm »

I AM WRONG
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:46:14 pm by MagmaDeath »
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 950