Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809727 times)

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7965 on: March 05, 2010, 06:59:18 pm »

The Goonstation boys just released a closed build of their new station. It's pretty buggy,but it's is still in beta. I like the way the station flows, and some of the new additions. (Working Camera's, Syringe Guns, Vast Improvements on Lag, and more robust and realistic decompression when there is a hull breach) are setting this up to be really awesome. Still on the server checking out the variety of new additions, I'll post them later.

and then we need to reverse engineer them (if the bay12 station developer team has the time)  :P

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7966 on: March 05, 2010, 07:07:13 pm »

There are still, if I understand correctly, fragments of ancient decompilation in the code. (This was, if I understand correctly, from when the original source was lost and it had to be decompiled to restore the source) The gotos are horribly ugly. I would not even attempt to understand such an output, and besides would disagree with source-stealing regardless.
Eh?
Eh!

Ostaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: March 05, 2010, 07:57:06 pm »

The Goonstation boys just released a closed build of their new station. It's pretty buggy,but it's is still in beta. I like the way the station flows, and some of the new additions. (Working Camera's, Syringe Guns, Vast Improvements on Lag, and more robust and realistic decompression when there is a hull breach) are setting this up to be really awesome. Still on the server checking out the variety of new additions, I'll post them later.

I wonder how they do there beta tester choosing. I applied because I wanted to see what they were changing, but like I said in the applying post I doubted they would pick me. And they didn't.

Anyways what are those new additions?

If you guys want to actually help us, play the beta server and report bugs you're more than welcome to as far as I'm concerned! I'm just being strict with who I add (we all are) so we get people who will help, not people who will run around madly and smack the shit out of each other.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: March 05, 2010, 08:03:07 pm »

This is Bay 12.  We have two types of people here: the helpful kind, and the just run around and smack people kind.  Good luck figuring out which is which though.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: March 05, 2010, 08:06:59 pm »

Generally, the people who have been promoted to admin are the less-idiotic ones.

GENERALLY.

Which includes me, incidentally....... When do you need testers :3?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: March 05, 2010, 08:07:56 pm »

Genrally? Hmmm...I don't think I'm that idiotic.  :-[
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: March 05, 2010, 08:11:30 pm »

That's why i emphasised "Generally".

Not all Non-admins are, just a good chunk.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: March 05, 2010, 08:12:31 pm »

That's why i emphasised "Generally".

Not all Non-admins are, just a good chunk.

Oh, I am an admin. Your generally means that some admins are idiotic. :)

(I'm not really sure how I got to admin though...Googol made me one when he had to go AFK, and now I've been decided as an admin or something I guess.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ostaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: March 05, 2010, 08:18:34 pm »

Generally, the people who have been promoted to admin are the less-idiotic ones.

GENERALLY.

Which includes me, incidentally....... When do you need testers :3?

You can ask to be added here: http://ss13.donglabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=628
Just show you're not stupid and know a bit about the game, and are willing to help really, and me or one of the other coders will add you. Incidentally the dev server is listed on the BYOND pager, and you can still join and just observe until you're added to the tester list if you want to check out the lag-free goodness!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: March 05, 2010, 10:53:41 pm »

That round was.... retarded. I was the traitor, and the captain. I threw the firefighter out of plasma research because he wouldn't leave, and everyone went and started saying i was crazy, etc. Basicly, they meta gamed horribly. This forced my hand, so I had to go out and start killing them. Needless to say, I eventually got owned by a flash because I didn't realize flashes turned off cloaks, and I got flashed somehow even though I thought you had to target them..... Anyhow, that round was... well, retarded.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: March 05, 2010, 10:55:29 pm »

That round was.... retarded. I was the traitor, and the captain. I threw the firefighter out of plasma research because he wouldn't leave, and everyone went and started saying i was crazy, etc. Basicly, they meta gamed horribly. This forced my hand, so I had to go out and start killing them. Needless to say, I eventually got owned by a flash because I didn't realize flashes turned off cloaks, and I got flashed somehow even though I thought you had to target them..... Anyhow, that round was... well, retarded.

You THREW him. Really, how would you feel if I threw you 10 feet?

Also, you locked up plasma, set the door to electrocute, almost killing 2 people, and why should a captain be in Plasma anyways? Captains have to run the ship, not make bombs.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: March 05, 2010, 11:12:18 pm »

Err.... I didn't lock it up, or even electrocute it. The forensics guy started cutting wires, and you guys started fucking with the door without gloves. Then, you blamed it on me and the A.I. when I didn't even do anything to the door except try to mend wires, and all the A.I. did is lock the station down.

You THREW him. Really, how would you feel if I threw you 10 feet?

Also, you locked up plasma, set the door to electrocute, almost killing 2 people, and why should a captain be in Plasma anyways? Captains have to run the ship, not make bombs.

EDIT: WTF? No text showed up.... anyway, I didn't lock plasma or electrocute it. Blame the idiot who got out a screwdriver and wire cutters on YOUR side, and started cutting them without gloves. Yeah, he failed, and also got turned into a crispy chicken leg. Also, <--- was the traitor, objective, make a 500 degree bomb. Honestly, that round was full of idiotic stuff, and it wasn't even any one persons fault. It turned into a "The A.I. did it!" to "The captain did it!" to a full blown revolution, which not many people even knew why they were rebelling.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:14:38 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: March 05, 2010, 11:14:17 pm »

And what about the throwing?

And why were you in plasma?

(and the text did show up. You put it in the quote.)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: March 05, 2010, 11:16:34 pm »

Oh... fail. Anyway, the throwing was so I could get him out of plasma research..... and yeah, I was in plasma because I was the traitor and my objective was to make a bomb. I wasn't saying I got griefed, I was just saying that metagaming helped a little. It's easy to rebel against someone if they do something wrong if you KNOW that someone is going to fuck up. Happens all the time when Person A murders Person B, so Persons C,D, and E think he is the traitor. I then happily kill them and escape because of their failure at meta.

EDIT: Also, nobody even asked why I was even IN plasma research. As soon as I threw that dude, they all pretty much went "OMG HE IS THE TRAITOR"... even if they didn't say it aloud. Why the hell else would security allow people to try to break into areas and kill the A.I.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:20:21 pm by Mono124 »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: March 05, 2010, 11:20:22 pm »

If you want someone out of toxins, call security, not attack him. He was either stunned or punched in the face.

This was more of the AI's fault then the captain's because he was saying junk like "i have old databases" and used that as an excuse to ignore the instructions from players even if it was something simple as opening atmos.

But making 4 bomb assemblies did not warrant trust in this case.

BUG: I got electrocuted about 30 times in a row while cutting wires. Please fix this as it is insta-death.
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 950