Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809778 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7920 on: March 04, 2010, 05:13:49 pm »

it would be nice if people could return to their bodies...

You can, just don't ghost.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: March 04, 2010, 06:48:36 pm »

Goons have a return to body action.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: March 04, 2010, 07:39:15 pm »

That encourages metagaming though.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: March 04, 2010, 07:45:06 pm »

If its the latest update, you automatically return to your body if healed.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7924 on: March 04, 2010, 07:47:14 pm »

Simply puut a skill-testing question on it, with ~19 hard things like integreal calculus, and one simple question. Have the answer randomized, too, so an internet guide won't be able to list the answers. Finally, put a 15 second timeout on it. Sure, they can keep trying until they get the easy question, but is it worth 5 minutes, average? (~14 tries for a 50% chance, that is just over 3 minutes for half of the players to get the easy question)

Maybe give dead players a probability of .95**(minutes gone, rounded down) chance to immediately and optionally return to their body?

Players without a body: Maybe if they answer two questions correctly consecutively they get to respawn as an assistant?
Eh?
Eh!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: March 04, 2010, 08:28:11 pm »

Simply puut a skill-testing question on it, with ~19 hard things like integreal calculus, and one simple question. Have the answer randomized, too, so an internet guide won't be able to list the answers. Finally, put a 15 second timeout on it. Sure, they can keep trying until they get the easy question, but is it worth 5 minutes, average? (~14 tries for a 50% chance, that is just over 3 minutes for half of the players to get the easy question)

Maybe give dead players a probability of .95**(minutes gone, rounded down) chance to immediately and optionally return to their body?

Players without a body: Maybe if they answer two questions correctly consecutively they get to respawn as an assistant?

Nah, that just leaves too much option for bad roleplaying.
We have to brace for the worst of the worst.

suggestions:
A ghost teleport back to the main map.
A ghost teleport to a number of other places.

Mmm, circuitboards for diffrent consoles were added recently, right?
Good stuff, I thought about the ability to make circuitboards, then realized it was way too complicated.

Those black gloves are way too accessible, considering most everybody has maintenance access, and they're not used specifically for anything.
Do Fire Fighters start with black gloves?

Chemistry: fireproofing liquid.
As soon as I can dig up a simple recipie.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: March 04, 2010, 08:39:49 pm »

Fireproofing liquid should of course proof the object with fire.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: March 04, 2010, 08:50:40 pm »

Do you guys want DNA to be added to the medical computers at the start of the round...

Personally yes, as I feel that's more realistic. Just don't have it automatically record DNA from people who's DNA has been changed.

Also, all this talk of DNA has reminded me of a movie....
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: March 04, 2010, 08:52:06 pm »

OOC: X2yzh9: Well anywho, g'day to ya all. I'm going to be reporting this. Anywho, i think you goons are just jealous because you fucking down syndrome server is fucked to shit.

Hahhaahahhahahhahahhahahha
: D

We should have a section titled: "Butthurt SS13 Players".

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: March 04, 2010, 08:59:39 pm »

Chemistry: fireproofing liquid.
As soon as I can dig up a simple recipie.
THIS.

I am tired of my top hats burning off.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: March 04, 2010, 09:32:08 pm »

I, on the other hand, would like nothing more than to see you top hat burn to ashes.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: March 04, 2010, 09:46:02 pm »

OOC: X2yzh9: Well anywho, g'day to ya all. I'm going to be reporting this. Anywho, i think you goons are just jealous because you fucking down syndrome server is fucked to shit.

Hahhaahahhahahhahahhahahha
: D

We should have a section titled: "Butthurt SS13 Players".
Wait, was that to us?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: March 04, 2010, 10:00:54 pm »

Yeah...what are you talking about?

And really, we still need logs. Just text ones, or list who has attacked who recently.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: March 04, 2010, 10:07:57 pm »

Those black gloves are fireproof, and I need them whenever I work on the engine.  They need to be stored inside the engine storage room (engineering only, essentially).  In other words, only the people who need them.  Me.

Also, there are totally black firesuits, and they are super heat resistant.  I need one for the engine.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: March 04, 2010, 10:09:05 pm »

Those black gloves are fireproof, and I need them whenever I work on the engine.  They need to be stored inside the engine storage room (engineering only, essentially).  In other words, only the people who need them.  Me.

Also, there are totally black firesuits, and they are super heat resistant.  I need one for the engine.

Order one from supplies.
Although, if we have one, keep it totally locked down. EVA style. Without the stupid window that is super easy to break.
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 950