Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809839 times)

Rathen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7890 on: March 03, 2010, 03:29:06 pm »

I didn't see anything in the rules against a "fun" law, and I don't think it hurts if there's only 7 people on. It adds a bit of character.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: March 03, 2010, 03:31:12 pm »

It would've been better if you added that he had to act like a unicorn and sing "Always" by Erasure.
"Harmony Harmony, oh love!"
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: March 03, 2010, 03:49:04 pm »

I didn't see anything in the rules against a "fun" law, and I don't think it hurts if there's only 7 people on. It adds a bit of character.

That's probably the main difference between our server and yours, we tend to prefer a slightly more strict RP.

Anyhow, I would rather think we are above the SS13 server-wars.
You guys get the people who want an off-the-wall RP. we get people who want a (somewhat) strict RP.

IMO its a great arrangement
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:13:11 pm by Googolplexed »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: March 03, 2010, 04:06:26 pm »

Yeah, Googol is right...we like RP :D

(and N02 throwers.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: March 03, 2010, 05:28:33 pm »

I didn't see much of this RP going on last night. Are you sure?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: March 03, 2010, 05:37:42 pm »

It would've been better if you added that he had to act like a unicorn and sing "Always" by Erasure.
"Harmony Harmony, oh love!"
I did this once on the goonserver as the AI. Halfway through I launched a campaign of instilling love and harmony in all the crew. Obviously, I used laughing gas and fun shocking. Good times were had by all!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7896 on: March 03, 2010, 06:25:46 pm »

Unrelated: Admins, when you ban, describe the justification. If it is merely "go away", nobody, not even you, will have any idea why that player still deserves to be banned one week later.
Be verbose if you want the ban to last.

Remember that, it makes everything much easier for other admins. Stupid bans are evident from the start, and bad players aren't accidentally unbanned because someone who wasn't around/didn't remember their past actions unbanned them because they asked nicely.

I don't know if you have to write the reason before you can ban them, and in that case, maybe have a detailed ban description window pop up and ask for a reason. It could be appended to <name>.ban.log, along with other details, and unbannings would also be appended. That way, an admin can review the ban history of all users. Timestamps would be mandatory however.

Further, if an admin can add a note to it, they could have a conversation over if the person deserves a second chance within their ban log.

Is this a good idea? If so, I could code it for you.
Eh?
Eh!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: March 03, 2010, 06:33:06 pm »

There is a little window that pops up requiring you to give a reason, and if you don't, it just cancels. Of course, one letter is sufficient, but it is there already.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: March 03, 2010, 06:41:38 pm »

Guys, I feel like the server needs, while not more admins, more admins regularly.  I would like to apply for adminship.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7899 on: March 03, 2010, 06:48:46 pm »

There is a little window that pops up requiring you to give a reason, and if you don't, it just cancels. Of course, one letter is sufficient, but it is there already.

The problem is that it encourages a terse reason, so that the ban occurs faster. If it further added an optional description box after the ban has taken place(in addition to the standard reason), that could be filled in whenever, admins would be able to ban someone and THEN worry about explaining the full situation. A paragraph or two for the other admins to read, without the pressure of finishing quickly so that a griefer is banned before they can do more damage.
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: March 03, 2010, 06:50:15 pm »

The problem is that it encourages a terse reason, so that the ban occurs faster. If it further added an optional description box after the ban has taken place(in addition to the standard reason), that could be filled in whenever, admins would be able to ban someone and THEN worry about explaining the full situation. A paragraph or two for the other admins to read, without the pressure of finishing quickly so that a griefer is banned before they can do more damage.

Agree'd. It would be helpful when people PM me asking why they are banned.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: March 03, 2010, 10:00:33 pm »

Oh, how hard would it be to get logs of the last 5 minutes or so. I have people whining about how they were greifed, when the two murderers say that he attacked first.

Now he says there are no punishments for greif, and that he will counter grief next round.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: March 03, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »

i personally think that admins should counter greif in the most halarous and damageing way possable when someone is greifed

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: March 03, 2010, 10:37:09 pm »

He already did. With lots and lots and lots of explosions.
Johbson will be hosting in a bit, yo.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: March 03, 2010, 10:59:04 pm »

Someone should code in a human pinata that admins can set someone as and have other people beat them up but they can't die. Maybe make some funny noises when they get hit.
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 950