Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 809942 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7785 on: February 28, 2010, 08:47:39 pm »

Well, i've just been banned apparently. Rodric slyfer was an admin (ryu something.. I forget the name) and so, clusterfuck happened. Ryu turned on respawn, and i watched these 2 guys muffle and space this one prisoner for no reason. They continue to grief throughout the round, basically. So, security storage is wide open[Ryu said he was busy dealing with other admin stuff to see or deal with them] and so i'm respawned, i go back in after notifying everyone of Scott Pilgrim and Urist Zombiemurdered's conspiracy, trieing to secure a stun gun. Scott then stuns me and tries to cuff me, but i manage to get out before he can. Later i come back, and Rodric's there. Ryu/Rodric had a taser out, and so i figured he was going to stun me. So i bash him with my tank, scott runs back into security. I try and take his taser gun but this other doctor got it first. Anyway, so we walk down the hallway with his body being dragged behind us and i'm trying to think.

Oh, and i might as well add-Ryu, if your going to say OH WELL IM JUST TOO BUSY TO DEAL WITH THESE 2 RIGHT NOW! MIGHT JUST WARN THEM AND LATER ON SIDE WITH THEM FOR GRIEFING AND BAN FIRST ASK QUESTIONS LATER ON THE GUY TRYING TO SET THINGS RIGHT! Then that's not very admin-worthy, personally i think you should've just stayed out of it in instead of trying to keep guys fromg etting into security storage, at least've allowed me to kill scott and urist for doing what they did-And honestly, why didn't you space them? One of you admins, unban me, because to be frank this is just ridiculous.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: February 28, 2010, 08:57:43 pm »

Who IS Ryu? I haven't seen him before.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: February 28, 2010, 09:10:41 pm »

First of all you're not supposed to appeal bans in the thread.

Second of all you don't assume someone's going to stun you and act first just because they have a taser, that's dumb.
Shoes...

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: February 28, 2010, 09:22:18 pm »

First of all you're not supposed to appeal bans in the thread.

Second of all you don't assume someone's going to stun you and act first just because they have a taser, that's dumb.
Oh, and just for that i get the insta-ban? Honestly, should've just given us a warning at the most-Oh, and i might as well add that didn't dr. whateverhisnameis stop interacting with Bay Station 12? Who am i supposed to PM, then?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: February 28, 2010, 09:42:45 pm »

Try head, qwertyuiopas, or googol
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: February 28, 2010, 10:03:07 pm »

Sounds like this ryu guy was friends with these griefers.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: February 28, 2010, 10:19:45 pm »

PM whoever is running the server, they can undo IP bans and such.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: February 28, 2010, 10:25:17 pm »

*Sigh* I was there with Ryu as a secondary Admin. Everything he did was completely in line with what a reasonable Admin should have done.

If I have to say this one more time I'm going to go insane. COUNTER GRIEFING IS STILL GRIEFING AND WILL BE PUNISHED AS SUCH

Admins can't see everything that's going on and we sure as hell have a hard time figuring out exactly what happened when everyone is screaming bloody murder about something. That along with a clunky chat system makes temporary banning the safest choice to keep order. If you got banned screaming about how unfair it was or how you only did it cause 'It was in character" does not make us see you in a positive light. Pm the Admin who banned you and try to work it out, don't insult him and say he did a horrible thing then expect him to unban you.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: February 28, 2010, 10:30:06 pm »

Smitehappy, it wasn't a temp ban. And if he banned perm banned me, then he should've perm banned Scotty and Urist Zombiemurdered.

Anyway, i've pmed head about this. Hopefully this'll get sorted out.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7794 on: February 28, 2010, 10:38:57 pm »

Maybe have admin permissions for ban lengths, and a list for people to be considered for permenent bans for admins who can't to put potential problems?
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: February 28, 2010, 11:02:38 pm »

*Sigh* I was there with Ryu as a secondary Admin. Everything he did was completely in line with what a reasonable Admin should have done.

If I have to say this one more time I'm going to go insane. COUNTER GRIEFING IS STILL GRIEFING AND WILL BE PUNISHED AS SUCH

Admins can't see everything that's going on and we sure as hell have a hard time figuring out exactly what happened when everyone is screaming bloody murder about something. That along with a clunky chat system makes temporary banning the safest choice to keep order. If you got banned screaming about how unfair it was or how you only did it cause 'It was in character" does not make us see you in a positive light. Pm the Admin who banned you and try to work it out, don't insult him and say he did a horrible thing then expect him to unban you.

Counter Griefing is greifing...however, if you are attacked by someone, you may have a possible reason to detain them. Humans should never kill though, only capture and lock up.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: February 28, 2010, 11:05:20 pm »

Ok, if we are going to keep IT mode on the server, we need some sort of rp for it. Seriously. This round- Green monster with wings enters A.I. upload and proceeds to hit it, I, being the captain, try to kill the mother fucker, I mean, it's not human, and it's endangering the station. It stuns me, and I run off to get to security. It runs in and I cuff it and secure it to a chair and start beating it. 3 people run in trying to help it, so I flash spam them because all I have is 2 tasers, I can't stun 2 people that also have tasers and an assistant with a toolbox without getting owned, so I figured I would just blind them. Beorn gets pissed and kicks me. I get knocked out while I am not in the game, they cuff me, I get put in a chair, and luls ensue.

EDIT: And now they get pissed at me flooding genetics, killing all those that helped IT..... wow.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:26:31 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: February 28, 2010, 11:06:37 pm »

Wow, this server is getting freaking retarded.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: February 28, 2010, 11:09:46 pm »

Wow, this server is getting freaking retarded.

This game has that effect on every community it touches.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: February 28, 2010, 11:43:20 pm »

Time to get a new byond name and a new SS13 name so this doesn't happen again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Also, the server went down. Good night.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:44:51 pm by Mono124 »
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 950