Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810474 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7290 on: February 18, 2010, 08:19:51 pm »

Can restructuring mode PLEASE be removed?

Its probably the worse round in history, and the only reason it got picked was because some bored people and a bunch of goons decided to vote it, and essentially have been ruining me and my friends day all day long.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Thrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: February 18, 2010, 08:22:48 pm »

Its probably the worse round in history, and the only reason it got picked was because some bored people and a bunch of goons decided to vote it, and essentially have been ruining me and my friends day all day long.

Agreed. There is no role playing going on in restructuring at all. just allot of pointless murdering.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7292 on: February 18, 2010, 08:25:35 pm »

Well, if you write each chunk as a map, then write a slightly modified version of the code I am working on that supports loading with an X and Y offset, it should probably be easy.
Assuming that you can write a decent pam creator, and that the maps themselves follow a convention so that they fit together well. I would reccomend placing "sections" of 5x5 interlocking map blocks, so that they don't overlap, then once the critical sections are in place, fill the space with passage map blocks.

Or maybe have 10x10 interchangable rooms loaded into a premade grid?
Code: [Select]
+----+
|????|
|????|
|????|
+----+
Where the block of ? is replaced with a random room, and there are doors, pipes, wires, etc. leading in through the walls.

I might nearly have a passable map loader soon.
Still need to add function calls in modified object definitions, and then see if I have everything.
Eh?
Eh!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7293 on: February 18, 2010, 08:31:56 pm »

Agreed. There is no role playing going on in restructuring at all. just allot of pointless murdering.
But it is fun, once in awhile.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: February 18, 2010, 08:35:45 pm »

No, it genuinely, truly, is not.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: February 18, 2010, 08:39:10 pm »

What is restructure mode?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: February 18, 2010, 08:44:15 pm »

A murder-fest.  Almost as bad as Death Commando mode.  Essentially, "THIS MAN MUST DIE, GO"  Then, "OKAY. THIS GUY, KILL HIM TOO".  Later, "Yeah, go ahead and kill all of them, you stupid little monkeys"

Last man standing wins.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: February 18, 2010, 08:51:09 pm »

Nobody is removing restructering. To play it has to be voted in anyways, so obviously someone likes it.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: February 18, 2010, 08:56:47 pm »

Well we have 19 players and I'm the only admin.
Its getting pretty bad
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:11:27 pm by Googolplexed »

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:18 pm »

What's the server url again?  I'm trying that 1337 one but I keep failing to connect it seems.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:18 pm »

Can't be on for an couple hours about...sorry.  :-[
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: February 18, 2010, 09:21:01 pm »

Jesus this is horrible..... I am thinking we need to give some people admin temporarily just so you guys can have more eyes and ears, 22 players and 1 active admin? Sheesh.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: February 18, 2010, 09:25:14 pm »

If you want admin, you have to get headswe to add you :)

I think that it would be fine for Mono to be a admin.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: February 18, 2010, 09:37:56 pm »

(There was a URL here)

It is not really tested, only assumed to work based onthe maps I tried loading with it.

Two lines say //DEBUG
Following each one is a commented out error output line, one for unknown proc (unlikely, the only proc I came across at all was only in the map I made myself, and involved setting the contents var in-editor), the other for an unknown object path(you will get this often if the versions of the game that the map was created in and the one it is being loaded into don't match. Normally, DM won't even compile a map with such mismatches, mine just ignores them.)

If it has issues on a map, the map is probably using an advanced feature that I know nothing about.

Edit: not surprisingly, a bug came up with the inflexibility of my system. It should be slightly more versatile in the download like I will edit in soon...

Edit:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dmmtzwzjouj
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:01:29 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: February 18, 2010, 10:56:05 pm »

Well, as expected, it *is* slower, but runtime map loading seems viable now.

I reccomend a restructuring of the map system to load the Z-levels from diffrent files(exception: station and aux. stations in same map on consecutive Z-levels), and Z-1 to be the only one loaded with the game. Z-1 should contain a lobby, and the map levels should contain a delay mid-load so as to run like a background process.

Impatient players may be alightly annoyed that it takes a whole 150 seconds or something to load a map, but then you just remind them that you don't have to wait through 30 seconds with the server frozen during a restart.

Additionally, a menu could be created to allow the admins to customize the station build, by selecting the station set, the AI sat, and the empty space maps.

A new map could also be added without restarting the server, and new Z-levels could technically be loaded mid-game.

The greatest barrier, however, is the coding in SS13 right now, where the function of the various Z-levels is hardcoded, and thus such a system wouldn't work without a lot of effort(Though the code would be BETTER because of it)

(And I can't help, because I still don't have access to up-to-date source files, though the old one is close enough to serve as a testing ground)
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 950