Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810450 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7275 on: February 18, 2010, 02:22:53 pm »

when going to walls i will also need to add the sprites of when it is constructed or taken apart, i think most of the work will go into the base itself(walls,doors,floor etc) rather then actual furnishing or objects.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: February 18, 2010, 03:12:41 pm »

Hey, can you guys come in?

We need an admin too, Evil dawn7 is being an idiot and spamming all over the ooc after i murdered his randomly griefing character.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7277 on: February 18, 2010, 05:19:45 pm »

Still not trying to intrude on your efforts, Googolplexed, but I have my map loader loading maps from SS81.
Unlike the normal BYOND, unrecognised types are not errors, rather they are simply skipped.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not pictured:
It can't parse custom variables on an object yet, either. And since I only created a slight set of objects(3 terrain, one item), and the item doesn't even match anything from SS13, only the space, walls, and floors will even show up. Still, it gets to the point where it would have created them if they existed. I could copy the atom file from SS13 and nearly everything would show up just fine.
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: February 18, 2010, 05:49:57 pm »

Are seperate sprites required for the animation of doors opening?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: February 18, 2010, 05:59:42 pm »

Hey Googol, I remember you saying you wanted to see some of the older version of SS13, so I'll try to get a few of them to you tonight.  I've got a 2003, 2004, and a later version somewhere.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: February 18, 2010, 06:15:30 pm »

Has anyone noticed that radios are broken yet?

Seems kinda weird that nobody posted about this until now.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: February 18, 2010, 06:19:25 pm »

They were working again last night, headswe is messing with them again I guess.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: February 18, 2010, 06:21:05 pm »

Are seperate sprites required for the animation of doors opening?

Yes.
One sprite opening, one closing, one open, one closed, plus a few others:
Sparking
welded
panel open
panel open welded
deny
panel open opening
panel open closing
(Based only on the sprite file, so some may be unused though present)
Eh?
Eh!

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: February 18, 2010, 06:28:48 pm »

Well, qwertyuiopas, would you be willing to work on a dynamic map-loader then ?
I was actaully just planning to do a really simple map->dm function converter. Then you could just call the function and it would automatically build the map
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 06:34:37 pm by Googolplexed »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: February 18, 2010, 06:35:38 pm »

Can head stop screwing around with the code? All he seems to be doing is breaking it...
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: February 18, 2010, 07:02:41 pm »

Let him play. After all, they aren't bugs, just features.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: February 18, 2010, 07:15:18 pm »

I would only continue working on mine, though it is still barely functional.
If I ever finish it, it could be useful, but for now it still doesn't support objects with more than one modified variable, and only supports numeric types.
So

"aa" = (/item/dummy{layer = 203},/turf/something)

would work, assuming /item/dummy and /turf/something existed, but neither

"aa" = (/item/dummy{name = "aabc"},/turf/something)
or
"aa" = (/item/dummy{layer = 203;name = "aabc"},/turf/something)
would.

The difficulty is how should it interpret
"aa" = (/item/dummy{name = "a,a;bc\"}/"},/turf/something)
where it must distinguish between quoted and non-quoted characters that could otherwise easily be used to split the contents by a simple search.

After a test(SS13 itself, though the old map), it took ~2 minutes to load the full map, and gave countless messages of being unable to find turfs.

Second attempt, I copied the durf defs from the old SS13 as well, and I'll see how it turns out...
Update:
Attempt 2:
Still had over a minute of "errors" (Non-fatal, just my code saying that nothing with that path exists) scrolling, mostly areas.
I timed it with the system clock rather than counting, and it seems to have "only" taken a minute and a half.

(The Not type: lines are when it can't find the type, the #, #: lines are just printing any object def with {}s in it)

Will try again with some text output removed and areas copied form SS13 as well.

Update:
Turned off DM's debugging (prints extra data like line number when it encounters a script error. Since the errors I get are custom, friendly, world << text errors, it is utterly worthless)
Also added an area source file, though it is stil missing alot of area defs.
Took 40 seconds to generate the map, and an additional 20 seconds of error scrolling.

With custom maps that exclude the upper Z-levels and let them default to preset ones, it may run faster. Alternatively, putting a sleep() in the loader and having Z-1 be a general waiting area for the pre-map setup, so that the map loads silently in the background while the clients join/set up.

I could have it add an extra Z level that is blank above the rest, and load the map two levels up, with general stuff below, in a base map.

Alternatively, have a 1-Z waiting room map compiled in, on Z-2 load a randomly selected AI sat map, on Z-3 and 4, load the station and external stations(centCom, prision station), and leave Z-5 and Z-6 blank and generated by byond.
Use Z-1 as the "in transit" layer for shuttles, Z-2, Z-5, and Z-6 be the layers to visit when spaced.

I should really stop testing and get back to coding, so that it can load slightly more advanced /object/path{custom variation} things than just a single numeric setting per object.

But, it will have to wait to see what happens if I track down and add the rest of the /area/*s

Edit:
Success!
35 second load, 5 seconds of errors.

(The something = number (same thing) is when it actually gets to parse a {} because it is a single numeric setting. The var = number in the ()s is the one it was passed, theo ther is the one it reconstructed from the var name and value. If they *don't* match, something is wrong)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:37:35 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: February 18, 2010, 07:35:27 pm »

Well we need more admins online.

Also, head can you share your latest code via dropbox, I want to see what I can do about the radio bug

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: February 18, 2010, 07:48:10 pm »

Once again I got sidetracked tossing another file of SS13 in to get less unknown path problems.

You can now clearly see it failing at quoted settings, and possibly even see it ignoring ones with multiple settings.
The medbay is particularily ugly, since it relied on such settings to get the floor to show up, so I went to the engine instead.
Eh?
Eh!

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #7289 on: February 18, 2010, 08:14:19 pm »

I can see there's some minor issues that need to be worked out with the procedural stations.

I suppose randomnized stations alá Diablo level design is out of the question?
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 950