Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810804 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #7050 on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:29 pm »

Sorry, but I don't like to waste time playing game modes that area either 1 or 10 on the scale of hardness. If you RP it right, it dies in about 2 minutes unless it spaces itself. If you RP it as a human, well, it's like an extended round with a fucking monster that wants to kill everyone, and honestly, if you wanted to play extended, why not actually play extended. Wizard is like that too, if the wizard gets the right spells, he can obliterate the station. If he actually RP's like a wizard probably would, well, it's extended with a person who can shoot spells out of their ass, and again, if you want to play extended, fucking play extended.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 11:04:54 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7051 on: February 12, 2010, 11:07:09 pm »

When I first added IT, it was as more of a joke/bonus round type, that could only be started by a secret admin-only verb before the round began.

Someone *else* added it to the regular options, and *nobody* has fixed the fact that any flee or space it victories/defeats don't register until someone dies.

So if it has grown out of control, consider that people "Improved" the wrong parts first, rather than actually considering how to make it better.
Eh?
Eh!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: February 12, 2010, 11:50:20 pm »

Shudder at IT. It was fun, until somebody poked my eyes out with a screwdriver, buckled me in, and then accidently set the room on fire.

You feel a searing heat.
You gasp!
You feel a searing heat.
You gasp!
You feel a searing heat.
You gasp!
You feel a searing heat.
You gasp!
You feel a searing heat.
You gasp!
You feel a searing heat.
You gasp!
You feel a searing heat.
You gasp!
You feel a searing heat.
You gasp!
And so on.

And Googol couldn't find out how to unblind my screwdriver blindness..although he did get my cuffs and unbuckled me.

Logging in now.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: February 12, 2010, 11:53:14 pm »

If I put time to improve it, I would have bodyparts regenerate after 10 seconds, a 25% chance to unbuckle self when trying to move and buckled, a high resistance to blindness, and disabled heat code even more than now.

And proper leave station checks for the game-end.
Eh?
Eh!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: February 13, 2010, 12:25:22 am »

But, it must have a weakness. It must have!

Bullets, for instance?

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: February 13, 2010, 12:31:18 am »

HUMAN --> MONKEY
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: February 13, 2010, 12:32:25 am »

HUMAN --> MONKEY

And how are you getting that in it's veins?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: February 13, 2010, 12:36:26 am »

Four or five officers with stun batons and cuffs, then a genetecist with an injector.

Several redundant batons each so they can keep stunning.

EDIT: that would be pretty awesome to add to IT mode, like an anti-mutant squad with some awesome acronym like FALCON or MAGMA or something.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:42:05 am by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: February 13, 2010, 12:47:41 am »

The last round was great

I role played a person on a crusade against AIs

By chance the AI was traitor and's mission was to kill me

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: February 13, 2010, 12:48:26 am »

And I barricaded myself in with the AI, and killed Woody with a monkey injector.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: February 13, 2010, 12:48:30 am »

Idas:
It should be immune to genetic tampering.

However, some little-used chemical combination should be it's weakness.

It shouldn't just ignore stunning, but fast recovery is important.

More importantly, it should never be unable to see things, and have IR-vision by default.

IT is SUPPOSED to be overpowered. The only way to kill it is a group assault and *teamwork*.

If the heads think that they alone can stop it, they should have difficulty. The station should win together or die trying together.

Oh, and busting out of a welded locker is also a good idea for it's abilities.

Basically, it should be resistant or immune to all standard greifing and then some, a powerful foe, and when the station wins, they should feel the accomplishment.

Not some wimpy "kill it in 30 seconds" mid-boss, and not easily disabled. If the players can consistantly restrain it for more than 30 seconds, they are either paranoid, overprepared, metagamers, or it is too weak.

Think about it like this: It must appear nearly unbeatable, and really frighten any experienced player who sees it coming, but neither should it be totally unbeatable. One player with a clever trap should be able to win, but a mob of 40 new players with toolboxes should only barely win, if at all.

You see the works of H. P. Lovecraft?

Do they have some "Oh, we just tasered it constantly until it died 5 minutes later from the constant toolbox smashings" settings? NO! They have a true horror that no sane man would fight against! THAT is what IT should aim at, not some wimpy boss monster that dies to powergaming, not some instadeath nuke of power either. It can't be captured for long, can't be pacified by genetics(unnatural genetic makeup renders standard methods useless, and no alternatives?). You SHOULD be able to flee, on a shuttle or off the map, you SHOULD be able to space it as well. The game mode should not reveal itself, hiding behind a false game type(the original claimed to be traitor), to trick metagamers, though it should use gamemodes where a threat exists so that players are somewhat cautious.

And that is my vision of IT. IT should be a horror story that you usually lose, but can win with excellent preparation and luck. (But IT should be able to defeat such preparations by altering it's play style, making it a constant war of strategy and counter-strategy across rounds)
Eh?
Eh!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: February 13, 2010, 01:26:27 am »

THAT.

IS.

FUCKIN AWESOME!  ;D
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: February 13, 2010, 02:17:39 am »

Sorry, but I don't like to waste time playing game modes that area either 1 or 10 on the scale of hardness. If you RP it right, it dies in about 2 minutes unless it spaces itself. If you RP it as a human, well, it's like an extended round with a fucking monster that wants to kill everyone, and honestly, if you wanted to play extended, why not actually play extended. Wizard is like that too, if the wizard gets the right spells, he can obliterate the station. If he actually RP's like a wizard probably would, well, it's extended with a person who can shoot spells out of their ass, and again, if you want to play extended, fucking play extended.

Killing an unknown alien on first encounter isn't roleplaying.  Especially given the history that we have never encountered another lifeform and it would be a pretty big discovery.  That sort of behaviour could easily start a war.  IT hadn't killed anyone when you ran in there and started stunning it.  Knowing it can punch through walls and kill people easily without seeing it do any of that is metagaming.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: February 13, 2010, 03:06:52 am »

Death to MetaGaming!

And I learned the superheated bomb "trick"/exploit.

I am scared now. Too bad goonstation fixed it.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: February 13, 2010, 03:59:48 am »

It's a huge green scary unknown thing if I'm hearing about the IT right.  I'd be as scared as hell of it.  If I didn't try to kill it, I'd at least run the hell away from it.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 950