Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810868 times)

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #6855 on: January 24, 2010, 02:12:01 pm »

To fix the problem with putty, you could probably run byond in the background by putting & after the command.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: January 24, 2010, 08:22:57 pm »

What command is it ?
Just run it as a daemon

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: January 28, 2010, 07:03:24 pm »

Well, since you guys seemed to have abandoned this, and my friends still wanna play, ill take the code and host for you if you will let me.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: January 29, 2010, 01:13:41 am »

Wow, the people in this game are jerks, at least it doesn't translate to their RP.
EDIT: Alright, it's just a few! I really liked this game until I got banned. I clicked vote, and everybody starts yelling, and waddya know, I have a 24 hour ban. The messsage:
This is not a democracy...then remove the dumb feature!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:06:55 am by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: January 29, 2010, 08:13:17 am »

Well, since you guys seemed to have abandoned this, and my friends still wanna play, ill take the code and host for you if you will let me.
It's open source, I could find ya the code if you want. That would be the awesomest server ever.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: January 29, 2010, 08:48:06 am »

say is Tanhony an honest admin,one who doesn't abuse his powers?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: January 29, 2010, 08:59:37 am »

What. it's not opensource. SS13DL is opensource. BS12 is not.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: January 29, 2010, 11:40:34 am »

Oh, sorry.  :D
I'm on the GoonStation servers, or I will be in 24 hours when this ban wears off.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: January 29, 2010, 04:31:59 pm »

Doesent look like anyone who has the code has even replied, shame really, that new map was pretty cool. Now it looks like its just guna dissapear because while they were interested in the game they didnt wanna give it up, and now they dont seen to even be here anymore.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: January 29, 2010, 05:33:41 pm »

Hmmm...I've wanted to learn Byond code for a while (I played with it a while back.)
If anyone was interested I could try to work on the open source one. I mean, how hard can it be to make a map? (Just time consuming, but I've got tons of time.)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: January 29, 2010, 05:39:43 pm »

Or not, the download seems to be broken, does anyone have the source for this?

EDIT: I've got the source. Can anyone give me a description of what this SS13 had over the open source one? I can try to make it close...it'll take a looooong time though.

And maps are easy to change, I can do that if somebody tells me what it looked like/layout.

I don't have hosting, but if I make the maps/code, somebody else would be able to host.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:59:04 pm by quinnr »

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: January 29, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »

It's been a while since we split from the source, so I can't name everything.  There's the map, which is new and thus not really in need of another recreation.  A few jobs, buildable airlocks, and an extensive overhaul of the airflow code are pretty much it as far as I can remember.  We've focused more one satisfying our small, RP-heavy playerbase than adding features, though.

Also, if you want someone to host, you could try asking Johbson or CIB, or anyone else who has those duties.  People don't want to play this all the time, but that doesn't mean they've abandoned it or anything, and usually someone's willing to host and/or play for a while.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: January 29, 2010, 06:38:45 pm »

So not too much then?
:D I can do Airlocks pretty easy I think, it's in sandbox mode already (I haven't really gotten a chance to look at how it all works yet though.)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #6868 on: January 29, 2010, 08:10:00 pm »

I have an old copy of the source...

None of the new map or recent changes, unfortunately.
Eh?
Eh!

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: January 29, 2010, 08:11:19 pm »

And I have the new source  :)

123.243.197.60:1500
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 950