Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810908 times)

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #6825 on: January 21, 2010, 07:39:30 am »

Does git support central repositories? I still need to turn my old laptop into a server..

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: January 21, 2010, 12:40:49 pm »

Server?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: January 21, 2010, 05:44:27 pm »

Server is up, I wont be there, see you later.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: January 21, 2010, 06:40:01 pm »

@CIB, it does, The only difficulty is that it doesn't support FTP, only webdav.
The normal way to setup a git repo is with ssh and public keys, but that seams a bit overkill

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: January 21, 2010, 07:44:25 pm »

Idea from playing DF and moving to here.

Change revolvers to crossbows. 7 shots, no noise, same damage, but bolts remain where they were shot.

Edit: Also, just found something fun. Makes Emag even more worthless, though Emag remains quicker.

Edit: Wow, lots of new fun trying things out. Come on, JOIN!!! I need fellow testers.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:04:23 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: January 21, 2010, 08:46:28 pm »

What was it ?

Did someone enable the centcom gamemode or something ?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:57:51 pm by Googolplexed »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: January 21, 2010, 09:14:21 pm »

Oh, I'll show you if you hop on. Gonna try to surprise people with it though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: January 22, 2010, 12:58:47 am »

Arrrgh I am so bad at computer.

So I install BYOND, right?  It asks me for something to open it in, and I tell it Firefox, following the reasoning that you play it in a browser, right?  I think.  But I digress.

It then opens infinite new tabs unstoppably, and each new tab prevents whatever else I try to do, so I shut down (normally, as opposed to holding-down-the-power-button-force-shutdown).  I uninstall on restart, but that and/or a Windows update seems to have disabled my computer's ability to detect wireless connections.  Troubleshoot just tells me "plug in an ethernet".  The last time I used an ethernet cord it ALSO broke my wireless capability, and I have NO idea how to restore it.

Durrrrrrrrrr.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: January 22, 2010, 01:02:26 am »

You open byond links with the byond program you installed. It's been a while since I installed it though, so I can't remember how it went, but it doesn't play games in the browser.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: January 22, 2010, 01:06:24 am »

Download this: http://www.byond.com/download/build/462.1057_byond.exe and install it

Then go here: http://www.byond.com/games/hub/Exadv1/SpaceStation13

And click join baystation 12

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: January 22, 2010, 02:09:50 am »

Clicking join spawns infinite tabs again.  :(

I put the server url thing into the BYOND client thing, and now I'm on as a guest.  I have no clue what I'm doing, and am trying to read through a tutorial to see how to say things and do stuff.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: January 22, 2010, 02:12:21 am »

Both me and beorn are on right now

ooc "HELLO"

Says hello in out-of-character

Someone

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: January 22, 2010, 06:16:08 am »

Hmm sorry Farce just got disconnected and I can't seem to join the server anymore. Not sure if the server went down (although it still seems to say that you are in there) or what but connecting always fails for me. I can still join other servers though.. So if the server isn't down, I'm not too sure what's happening.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: January 22, 2010, 06:20:57 am »

I seem to not be able to connect anymore.

Oh well.  That was the best damn tutorial ever.  "Oh crap, we're suffocating suddenly!  Run back that-a-way."  "Crap, there's a huge hole in the station!  We should fix that."

The only way it would've been cooler is if I could have given Google a proper space burial by clearing a path through the external test chamber and launching him out into the void in his lockercoffin.

(EDIT:  you too then?  Yeah, I dunno what happened.

I'm sorry I didn't get to pump a bunch of rejuvenators into you too, Someone.  :p)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:23:14 am by Farce »

Someone

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: January 22, 2010, 06:39:04 am »

True :P There's real coffins in the chapel actually so we could have used one of those even. Well too bad couldn't finish teaching you the medbay stuff but I think you have a basic idea of the game now. 
If you want to read about how to use cryo and such there's the goon server wiki which isn't too bad (Doctoring). The wiki is for the goon server so there's a few things on it that don't exist in the bay12games server like robotics but most of the stuff is the same I think. You should join the server sometime when there's more people and there's a real game going on.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:41:47 am by Someone »
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 950