Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811410 times)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #6375 on: January 02, 2010, 03:42:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's always been the norm, unfortunately.  Without taking it out (which would kind of suck) we're just going to have to trust that people don't make huge bombs.

I've got to update the changelog anyway, so I'll do that.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: January 02, 2010, 04:49:23 pm »

Hey, i was thinking, the game likes to assign players jobs, and usually supercedes preference, witch nigh guarantees that say, the engineer or captain wont know shit about how to do his job.

Then i played a round where it started before everyone rejoined.

It went awesomely, because everyone got assigned to the job they wanted, and they all knew how to do them.

What im basically suggesting is in the least, the game not be able to assign jobs to people regardless of preference.

Optimally, only the HOP/Captain gets assigned, and he assigns the rest of the crew as they arrive.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: January 02, 2010, 05:38:04 pm »

Wow, that was a pretty damn irritating round.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: January 02, 2010, 05:40:53 pm »

Quake, learn to play. You let a prisoner who had put Plasma and N2O into the air go from prison. When I stripped you of rank, you tried to stun me. After my taser ran out and I couldn't taser you anymore I pulled out my laser. You started screaming bloody murder. After I recharged my taser and laser, you beat me to death along with the guy who had put Plasma and N2O into the air. You later said that "I was letting him go because of the plasma in his cell", yet you aren't supposed to let him go. You are supposed to cuff and move him. You ruined the game for me, and this happens to me ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I am sick of this. What Quake did was pure grief, he deserves some kind of punishment.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #6379 on: January 02, 2010, 05:43:31 pm »

Are you going to ragequit again::) :D

Yes, that round was rather weird and irritating. I did try to make things interesting with my sudden unexplained death, but it just turned to chaos in the plasma storm (AGAIN. JOHBSON, REMOVE PLASMA STORMS!  >:()
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Thrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: January 02, 2010, 05:49:21 pm »

i didn't mid the round until the end when things got rely annoying.

i was wondering if some one can put some paper in the forensic place for writing notes on.

is there a captain stamp?

i thot the unexplained death was rely interesting.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:54:55 pm by Thrain »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: January 02, 2010, 06:21:13 pm »

Son't have access to the server for a few more hours. I'll add the new code and stuff when I can.

Are you going to ragequit again::) :D

Yes, that round was rather weird and irritating. I did try to make things interesting with my sudden unexplained death, but it just turned to chaos in the plasma storm (AGAIN. JOHBSON, REMOVE PLASMA STORMS!  >:()

Well don't tell me that, I don't code.

Quake, learn to play. You let a prisoner who had put Plasma and N2O into the air go from prison. When I stripped you of rank, you tried to stun me. After my taser ran out and I couldn't taser you anymore I pulled out my laser. You started screaming bloody murder. After I recharged my taser and laser, you beat me to death along with the guy who had put Plasma and N2O into the air. You later said that "I was letting him go because of the plasma in his cell", yet you aren't supposed to let him go. You are supposed to cuff and move him. You ruined the game for me, and this happens to me ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I am sick of this. What Quake did was pure grief, he deserves some kind of punishment.

If you want to talk more about this, tell me a longer version of the story via Pming me, that would very much help, thanks.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: January 02, 2010, 06:46:50 pm »

Well don't tell me that, I don't code.

Do this:

Should remove the plasma storms.

edit: I cant see my own uploaded picture any more... so just to be sure, that is supposed to show a replace dialog replacing "spawn_event(pick(1,5,6,7))" with "spawn_event(pick(1,6,7))" in all files.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 06:50:27 pm by tp12 »
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: January 02, 2010, 06:55:38 pm »

Please, don't remove the plasma storms. Maybe reduce the temp, but don't remove them completely.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: January 02, 2010, 06:58:58 pm »

It's fine to remove them for now, but I would like to see them stay, albiet with fewer explosions.  Right now it tends to blow a good chunk of the station to hell, and almost always results in calling the shuttle.  If they were more manageable, it would be more feasible to stay and repair the station.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: January 02, 2010, 07:02:42 pm »

code\game\events.dm
Code: [Select]
for(var/turf/T in world)
if(prob(2) && T.z == 1 && istype(T,/turf/station/floor) && !istype(T,/turf/station/floor/grid))
spawn(50+rand(0,3000))
var/obj/item/weapon/tank/plasmatank/pt = new /obj/item/weapon/tank/plasmatank( T )
pt.gas.temperature = 400+T0C //this line is relevant.
pt.ignite()
turn 400 into 200 or something for less hot/explosive. bombs spawning all over... I don't like em at all.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: January 02, 2010, 07:28:00 pm »

New map n stuff eh?
I need updated files  ;).

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: January 02, 2010, 07:37:12 pm »

Nuclear is sort of annoying when there are no experienced players on the crew side, which happened to me twice in a row now. It basically goes like:

- cib announces that syndicates are on the station and calls the crew to gather to weapons
- the crew ignores cib
- the crew dies

It's no fun, really, I'm not a good enough player to take down a group of syndicates alone.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: January 02, 2010, 07:48:10 pm »

By the time you said that, the syndicate were already in the genetics office. At least, that round I played where they bombed it.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: January 02, 2010, 07:56:08 pm »

Mono, id just like to say from my perspective it was totally different.

Very lengthly explanation, spoilered.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 950