Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811449 times)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #6315 on: January 01, 2010, 12:46:50 pm »

Alright, starting work on the map now.  I placed the siphons and the wrench last night, so that's taken care of.  I'll look for that toxic oxygen tank (was it just that someone replaced the gas, or was it actually spawned like that?) and the other problems today.

CIB, do you still need the code?  There are a few things I need to program in, but outside the job access file I can hold off on anything but map updates, if need be, and send you yesterday's code.  If you already got it, could you send it to me when you're done?

Also, I for one do like the idea of a more semirealistic atmosphere/breathing model.  It'll need a lot of adjustments, obviously, but I'm all for it.

cib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: January 01, 2010, 01:05:10 pm »

Yes, send your changes to me. I will merge them with mine and change them to Johbson then.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: January 01, 2010, 01:08:23 pm »

I turned on the engine last night, and it exploded. Fiery death everywhere. I died in a blaze of glory, setting off the plasma storage with a welder.  The engine fire burned through the plating. I also died because I turned an oxygen tank down too low while I was experimenting, although that's just old fashioned fun. I enjoyed my slow agonizing death.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #6318 on: January 01, 2010, 01:49:39 pm »

I just tried starting the engine myself with another engineer. We were so happy that we got it running, then we opened the door to go back to engeneering and a 8000 degree flood of highly pressurized burning plasma flew through the door and burnt us to a crisp.  :D
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: January 01, 2010, 02:02:12 pm »

I just tried starting the engine myself with another engineer. We were so happy that we got it running, then we opened the door to go back to engeneering and a 8000 degree flood of highly pressurized burning plasma flew through the door and burnt us to a crisp.  :D

Sorry about that. It was the fastest way I could think of to win as the traitor AI. While you were working on it, I flooded the room with burning plasma.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: January 01, 2010, 02:03:10 pm »

Alright, I have no idea what zchris is talking about, the engine's worked just fine every round I've played.

Also, I have no idea where this missing pipe section in the prototype engine is, qwerty.  Was there an actual leak, or did you just see that something was missing?

I've created a small tool storage space in the south of the station - it's got a toolbox & crowbar, a small stack of metal, a small stack of glass, some flashlights and radios, and an oxygen closet.  NOTE:  It's still not a replacement for engineers.  It's an emergency supply of tools for basic repair, but engineers are still the ones who should be doing the work around the station.

Researchers can now access medical bay, and firefighters can only access maintenance, the engine, and the fire station.

Toxins has been expanded to meet the needs of the researchers; there are now siphons, connectors under the heaters, and easier access to N2.  Genetics also has a cryo tube, but no sleepers (they're too small, and anyway I believe the genetics machine has a similar function).

I also fixed the AI Satellite's cameras, so they should be functioning properly now.

Anything else?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: January 01, 2010, 02:11:19 pm »

Let's compare methods:
- I opened the plasma and oxygen tanks with a wrench.
- let it run
- activated the hot and cold loops
- manual override on the ignition
- opened the gates
- watched the fireworks
- closed the gates

EDIT: what stage of on fire is the engine supposed to have? Are those tanks supposed to rupture in the engine? I didn't see any power being made at that station between the hot and cold loops
gates are the ignition gates
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:17:58 pm by zchris13 »

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: January 01, 2010, 02:19:49 pm »

"Manual override"?  Also, are you sure it wasn't a plasma storm or one of those events that cause huge explosions?  Because I'm pretty sure that it's impossible for the engine to explode on its own, unless CIB added a way for pressure to break glass or pass backwards through pipes or something.

Also, what settings did you set the engine generator to?  I've heard (but never seen) bad things happen if they're set too high, and almost everyone sets it to 10:15 or 10:20.  Maybe THAT was the problem?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #6323 on: January 01, 2010, 02:23:19 pm »

Sorry about that. It was the fastest way I could think of to win as the traitor AI. While you were working on it, I flooded the room with burning plasma.

Heh. When I saw your laws at the end I figured that you had done it. Neither of us engeneers had left that door open  :)

That was quite an awesomely explosive way to kill us by the way. I liked it  :D
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: January 01, 2010, 02:26:38 pm »

Settings??
I don't know About no settings
you talking about those fiddly bits?

How about we get on at about 7:30, pacific time. For reference, that's about 8 hours from the time of this post.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 02:28:47 pm by zchris13 »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: January 01, 2010, 02:41:19 pm »

The lack of general tools is annoying. Small fire in medbay = death to anyone inside without outside help.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #6326 on: January 01, 2010, 02:53:09 pm »

Also, I have no idea where this missing pipe section in the prototype engine is, qwerty.  Was there an actual leak, or did you just see that something was missing?

Missing the right (look it up...) junction (the pipe that joins regular pipes with heat exchange).

Also, did you change the floor type? Because that is the most essential fix needed...
Eh?
Eh!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: January 01, 2010, 02:55:04 pm »

Yeah, beorns right, we do need more general tools.

Id still like to see when we can get CIB's breathing model removed, so the station becomes playable.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: January 01, 2010, 02:56:26 pm »

Never ever, looks like you don't have to play anymore.

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: January 01, 2010, 03:12:30 pm »

I have lost faith in Bay Station 12. Why? Because I got banned after being shot to death by the captain for turning someone into a monkey WITH HIS CONSENT. Then he killed the monkey, in other words, he griefed him.

The administration is horrible.
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 950