Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 804796 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2009, 01:22:18 am »

Toady came up with the general idea of dwarves mining out fortressed and hating cannibalistic elves that hug trees.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2009, 09:17:20 am »

There already is a multiplayer game VERY VERY VERY similiar to Dwarf Fortress on BYOND. Its called Dungeon Master. http://www.byond.com/games/Ginseng/DungeonMaster

Its a blatant rip off of DF but you can't copyright ideas....

Yeah, that's the game I mentioned earlier. That's a game we should try to run for Bay12'vers... but I don't think the source code for this game is available like with SS13.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2009, 11:51:24 am »

There already is a multiplayer game VERY VERY VERY similiar to Dwarf Fortress on BYOND. Its called Dungeon Master. http://www.byond.com/games/Ginseng/DungeonMaster

Its a blatant rip off of DF but you can't copyright ideas....

Yeah, that's the game I mentioned earlier. That's a game we should try to run for Bay12'vers... but I don't think the source code for this game is available like with SS13.
I was unable to jump into it and just play. I've started as a kobold adventurer and was immediately slaughtered by some npc kobold. Then I've started a lizardmen civ and was killed by some cavemen on the start. It will definitely need some time to learn how to play it :D.

P.S. Also what about a multiplayer part? Are you able to interact with each other?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2009, 12:01:47 pm »

DOUBLEPOST!!!!

Woah, this thing is addictive! I've spent like 12 hours in it, cutting wires, injecting people with toxins and breaking walls into open space :D, for the Armok!

I wanted to ask: what does the termin "grief" mean?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2009, 06:47:33 pm »

You were doing it for those twelve hours.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2009, 06:49:02 pm »

But isn't the whole goal of SS13 is PvP? Surely Deon could be cutting wires, injecting people with toxins, and breaking walls into open space to support his team.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2009, 06:59:07 pm »

Ugh... It was like a "one man's army". Those people were too gloomy. I've wanted to give them some fun and challenge. Losing is fun :).

On a side note, that df-like strategy game is cool for pvp.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 07:00:06 pm »

Yeah, well. What you did was griefing. Now, I like griefing, it provides competition, but most people don't. You can grief me in SS13, I'm fine with that, but please don't grief other people.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

lambskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 12:05:14 am »

On goonstation, the admins will ban you for griefing unless you manage to be creative like having a tea party then detonating a bomb while in the middle of it.
STRIKE THE ETC.

PowerGoal45, MEET THE CYBERFIST, (Future): You use your iron geared prosthetic hand to crush a piece of stone in front of the cowering goblin, and it passes out.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2009, 07:04:52 am »

Wait, starting as a barmen, drinking all beer, then smashing a janitor's face with a bottle and cutting his eyes, then running around drunk from guards which try to shoot me, breaking a window into hospital block, stealing a syringe and sleeping toxins, sneaking on to a guard beating criminal (while wearing a doctor uniform for cover) and injecting him with sleeping toxins, handcuffing him with his own handcuffs, putting a gag and strait shirt on him and dragging him to medical block, then injecting him with various toxins until he almost dies and throwing him into space while he's still alive is not creative enough? Then I don't really know...

Anyway, OOC chat was off and that guy had a gag, so nobody knew anything :D.

P.S. Servant Corps, I usually don't kill people for no reason (but I love to cut wires leading to solar stations without gloves lol), but that guy threw me into jail for no reason before that... Well, actually, for a stupid reason that I eye-dropped him with rejuvenators. So he's got what he deserved.

P.P.S. How to make a person to eat a pill? I've ended smashing his mouth with a pillbox.

P.P.P.S. I've just finished a game ("finished" in a bit unnatural way...) and I want to share my thoughts. Remember: fear a detective with a huge axe. He cuts your head open in 2 hits.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:08:44 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2009, 08:11:23 am »

i remember what happened yesterday... i just respawned as assistant. i saw a man beating another to death, so i took an anestethic tank that was on the ground and targeted his head. now a security see me after i had stunned the first person a lot. he stuns me in a strange way, and when i woke up i was in a closet, and he was welding me in. i escaped, but he got me again. once again he put me in the same place, and i escaped. but he was too fast, so i took the anestetic tank, and i defended myself. of course, several assistants go through that hallway, and seeing me beating a security officer to death, near 2 other corpses, they attacked. one of them also had a welder, and gave me some damage. pure bloodiness. but at the end, after killing 4 people i managed to get away and heal myself.
admin sent me pm asking if i was traitor... i answered that i just defended myself. what a battle!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2009, 08:15:38 am »

i remember what happened yesterday... i just respawned as assistant. i saw a man beating another to death, so i took an anestethic tank that was on the ground and targeted his head. now a security see me after i had stunned the first person a lot. he stuns me in a strange way, and when i woke up i was in a closet, and he was welding me in. i escaped, but he got me again. once again he put me in the same place, and i escaped. but he was too fast, so i took the anestetic tank, and i defended myself. of course, several assistants go through that hallway, and seeing me beating a security officer to death, near 2 other corpses, they attacked. one of them also had a welder, and gave me some damage. pure bloodiness. but at the end, after killing 4 people i managed to get away and heal myself.
admin sent me pm asking if i was traitor... i answered that i just defended myself. what a battle!

Yeah, this game is fun :D. Also what does it mean by "a strange way"? I believe he just used a stun baton or tazer which shock you if they land a successful hit so you can't move nor talk normally.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2009, 06:30:48 pm »

This is why I like Space Station 13: for these private moments with my friends in dark corners of the station:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For those who didn't get it, that guy in gas mask with a syringe insterting some strange toxins into uncoscious bloody person with gag, that awesome guy is me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2009, 08:08:30 am »

by " a strange way" i mean that the screen owuld go half white... like it faded... but if i walked away it would go back to normal.
if i instead stayed near the guard, i would go unconscious. i don't know the game much yet, so i am unsure about what was doing that.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2009, 11:44:49 am »

by " a strange way" i mean that the screen owuld go half white... like it faded... but if i walked away it would go back to normal.
if i instead stayed near the guard, i would go unconscious. i don't know the game much yet, so i am unsure about what was doing that.

Haha your guard friend had a flash device.  Particularly nasty and underused due to its short range.  Against most people though it is extremely effective and ought to be used more often.  Whenever the device is used everyone about 2-3 tiles away from the user sees a bright white flash.  If the user instead uses it to attack someone, they are temporarily blinded and (for some reason) knocked down.  Careful around them though.  Most people using them are cruel as well and will actually permanently blind your character with one.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 950