Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 811016 times)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5910 on: December 24, 2009, 09:39:43 pm »

I've put some more work into the map today; I've got the AI satellite mostly finished, and I'm right now working on setting up the APC power consumptions.  Right now, I'm trying to determine what should consume what amounts of power, because the current system I believe just uses a flat rate assigned to the APC regardless of the contents of the area.  This is the list I've got so far:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does this seem reasonable?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: December 24, 2009, 09:45:57 pm »

Looks great to me.

EDIT: We need more people.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 09:47:36 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: December 24, 2009, 09:47:26 pm »

We're gonna need a MIGHTY hot fire for that.

On that note, I had a crazy idea with the siphons and the connectors and the vents. How bout instead of loading the cans into the engine wholesale, or connecting them to connectors, we have an engine with 2 dozen siphons connected to connectors, and you crack the cans open in there. I'm not quite sure what the ramifications of such a system are, except high chance of a fire and airlessness, but it sounds dwarven.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #5913 on: December 24, 2009, 09:49:41 pm »

The really old engine had siphons in the engine ignition room, and back when we still used that old map, I would turn them on, to add that little extra bit of oxtgen to the fire, and protect the engine controls (The generator room was spared)
Eh?
Eh!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: December 24, 2009, 09:51:56 pm »

server went down...
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: December 24, 2009, 09:52:12 pm »

That's the map we are on, and I kinda did that in sandbox already. Kinda worked, if you didn't mind flooding engineering with plasma, so I guess it totally worked.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: December 24, 2009, 09:53:55 pm »

Did anyone else notice being disconnected?
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: December 24, 2009, 10:00:05 pm »

Sounds interesting, Beorn, but a little too crazy.  I think that, should I ever make a dorf-themed station (every job area a 3x3 square, huge dining hall, massive quantities of booze) I'll HAVE to utilize something like that (like a big room or channel of fire nearly splitting the station in two!) but I was trying to design the station with fewer insanely hazardous areas, and I think OSHA (or the game equivalent) would have an anyeurism if they saw something like that.

Also, yeah, I got disconnected too.  Ah well, it was nice seeing the old engine again, but I think I'll get back to working on the new station for now.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: December 24, 2009, 10:07:06 pm »

OSHA? What do Orcs Shaving Hairy Armpits have to do with engine design? That sounds horribly unsafe too, could get caught in the siphons.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #5919 on: December 24, 2009, 10:20:10 pm »

My dad shut the server down again. I explained to him and he felt bad  :D

Putting it back up, he has gone to bed so it will stay up all night barring a crash.

EDIT: Server is now up! byond://174.99.54.4:1337 go go go!  ;D

EDIT2:I also got admins working, so yay we are in business!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:12:37 pm by Volatar »
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: December 24, 2009, 11:49:08 pm »

Goddamn the area power consumption mechanics code pisses me off so much.  APCs allow you to define the area's power consumption by lighting, equipment, or environmental, but it STILL adds to these definitions through some method I am nowhere near understanding.  I really wish whomever designed the APCs had decided to stick with either calculated or user-defined comsumption rates, not an arbitrary mixture of BOTH!

Also, it's getting late and I don't want to stay up until 4AM again, not on Christmas Eve, so I'm pretty much done for the night.

EDIT: Apparently lighting, at least, is multiplied by 8.  Way to be cryptic, Exadv1.  I guess my next project will be to learn the BYOND language, then start trying to clean this mess up.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 12:30:02 am by Trorbes »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: December 25, 2009, 12:46:57 am »

Hey, if anyone can, get on please. Its just me and two friends now.
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: December 25, 2009, 04:02:12 am »

Bad news, guys; turns out I've got plans this weekend that'll make it impossible for me to work on the map.  I'll still have access to a computer, but not to BYOND or my files, so I'll have to push the release back a couple days.

Ah well, I'm sure we can all wait a few more days, don't worry about it.  :P

On a side note, if you know how to add new jobs, think you could throw in a lawyer job? You don't have to, as I know how to add jobs myself, (I think) so it would only be slightly helpful.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: December 25, 2009, 08:34:41 am »

Naturally, any lawyer job would have a 50% chance of being a traitor regardless of mode.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: December 25, 2009, 09:05:17 am »

Hell yeah, everyone join join join!

EDIT: come on, its finally on and nobody is posting...

Too bad its not the bay12 version :P also it seems that volator server isn't getting broadcaster to the server listing.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 950