Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810965 times)

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5835 on: December 22, 2009, 06:37:26 pm »

Ahhh, of course. I don't think I've ever been in an AI Malfunction round which has lasted 10 minutes, I didn't realize that was the dynamic of the round. I didn't look into the traitor round but if the AI is selected to be the traitor how does the round progress? I assume it would need to be 'kill x, y, z' or 'kill everyone' as it can't really steal anything.

If not, then I'd be interested in knowing whether people would rather AI (as traitor / malfunctioning) be run along the lines I've outlined where it simply has an order to kill everyone or a specific person/people and force the rest of the crew to escape the station (leaving it to continue to do it's own thing)?

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: December 22, 2009, 06:52:08 pm »

From the times I've been traitor AI, the only objectives I remember were assassination of a crewmember, or cause the death or evacuation of at least 80% of the station.(Though that objective never seems to work...I've killed everyone before and still failed it)
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: December 22, 2009, 07:33:59 pm »

And the AI was made so much weaker, the lasers wont work if someone is inside (which completly defeats the point of have the AI be able to control everything in the ship), the NO2 in the brig is gone and i dont know if it's still borken but you couldnt vacuum all the air out of the ship.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: December 22, 2009, 07:54:30 pm »

Again, thanks a lot for all of your compliments.  I've actually been taking a bit of a break today, so I haven't done much with the map so far.  I've added a few external airlocks and a "walkway" of airless tiles around much of the station, so while you can't circumnavigate it, you should be able to travel from the top to the bottom without having to use the main hallways.  I also revamped the fuel input system for the engine - now there are four blocks of three connectors pumping into the engine combustion chamber.  All the associated pipes have been modified into "high-capacity" variants, with double the capacity (I felt that triple capacity would be too fast and would result in too short of a burn).

Quote from: Cernunnos
In regards to my suggestion for the security lockers and bulkheads in the shuttle I didn't know that it isn't hooked up to the main power system though thinking back I've never seen it without power lol. So that's just me not thinking hard enough I'm afraid.
Naw, it's not that big of an oversight; it's also got its own air supply and is indestructible, I think.  It's also good that you're thinking about things like that, though, I appreciate the consideration.

Quote from: Volatar
Also, I agree that the AI needs more protection. Right now if the crew gets a whiff that the AI may be up to no good they can be in there and destroying it very quickly. IIRC in the last map the AI even had some turrets. Those would be awesome. (Playing as the AI is also fun :D)
Well it still has turrets, six of them in fact, but I guess they're too hard to see in the picture I posted.  There's also an electrified grid running around the AI chamber, too, so it's not like it's undefended.  There is still a bit of room, though, so I should be able to expand the room to add that space.

Quote from: Cernunnos
In regards to the coding side of it I'm more than happy to do the work regarding the ideas (if they would be useful for the rest of the station), though on that point I'm sure I could create some special clauses for the shuttle if you wanted to add any specific functionality on it.
I'd say right now it's best if I just work with what I've got or what I can do myself, but once I finish this map and am satisfied with it it would be great to see you implement those ideas.

Quote from: Cecilff2
From the times I've been traitor AI, the only objectives I remember were assassination of a crewmember, or cause the death or evacuation of at least 80% of the station.
I believe there's also a "cut off power to 80% of the station" objective or some such for the AI, and that's about it.

Quote from: Micro102
And the AI was made so much weaker, the lasers wont work if someone is inside (which completly defeats the point of have the AI be able to control everything in the ship), the NO2 in the brig is gone and i dont know if it's still borken but you couldnt vacuum all the air out of the ship.
I don't know what you mean by the lasers not working if someone is inside, but I could probably set it up so that the atmos circulation system can be vented outside.  I'm not sure about N2O, since that'd take a bit of rearranging, but you can still do it the hard way by mixing O2 and N2 in the system and pumping it into the brig cells (or anywhere, really).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:04:05 pm by Trorbes »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: December 22, 2009, 07:56:09 pm »

AI malfunction is separate from an AI traitor. Unfortunately, AI malfunction is horribly broken, since I can count the number of times its been it and I haven't been able to singlehandly pierce the AI sat. If the crew would bother listening to me, I could easily destroy the AI with but a single helper, and that's on a separate map.

What you are referring to is when the AI is declared a traitor. There is no message for it, and the AI is in the pool just like everyone else. Those are rather fun and enjoyable even as the AI. AI malfunction is not.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: December 22, 2009, 08:03:14 pm »

btw i love the new map.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: December 22, 2009, 10:14:32 pm »

!!Requires programming!!

Idea 1: How about a weapons storeroom that has doors that cannot be opened without a 10 digit key. The captain would have the key in his "memory" and would be able to get weapons in case of a mutiny or if something else Fun happens. If the captain is the traitor, have XX% chance of him getting the key or not. (He might have killed the original captain and didn't get the key from him.)

Idea 2: Same as above, a storeroom with doors that can't be opened, but instead of just one 10 digit key, it's more. The captain and heads all have keys, and in order for the doors to open the captains key and a heads key must be inputted. The captain and heads would have the keys in their  "memory". Traitors would know the key in this case, seeing as how the captains key and a heads key is required to open the doors.

Idea 3: Multi Traitor. Have XX% of the crew (at least 1) be a traitor. They do NOT know who else is a traitor, but DO know how many are on board (this will discourage things like "kill 80% of the crew that aren't traitors" and have an engineer traitor flood the halls with plasma thus killing his buddies). Depending on how many traitor there is, depends on how many objectives they have to complete (IE: 5 traitors, 2 objectives). If XX% of the traitors die,  or none of the objectives are completed, the stations wins. If at least one objective is completed, but others aren't, it's a tie. If all of the objectives are completed, the traitors win. Also, the more traitors, the harder the objective(s).

Possible Objectives:
Kill 80% of the station
Kill the captain and all the heads
Disable the A.I.
Eject the Engine
Detonate X amount of bombs on the station (amount of bombs depends on amount of traitors, also, bombs must be over 200 heat and be plasma)
etc etc
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:25:54 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Thrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: December 22, 2009, 10:22:08 pm »

Idea 2: Same as above, a storeroom with doors that can't be opened, but instead of just one 10 digit key, it's more. The captain and heads all have keys, and in order for the doors to open the captains key and a heads key must be inputted. The captain and heads would have the keys in their  "memory". Traitors would know the key in this case, seeing as how the captains key and a heads key is required to open the doors.

like the keys in the movie The hunt for red October? that sounds cool
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:25:04 pm by Thrain »

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: December 22, 2009, 10:27:23 pm »

I'm talking pass code keys like 1592839501.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: December 22, 2009, 10:48:44 pm »

I dislike that system, cause it makes it FAR too easy for griefers to get gear. A semi experienced player can get through an Rwall in about 2 minutes, less if he has access to the chem lab, which is fairly easy. Lockers can get whacked with an emag, and pretty much everything else but those MOTHERF***ING glass doors has other ways around it that are faster then an Rwall minus thermite. If there are those superinvincible glass doors, then only the traitor and capt have access, unless its a two key system, which means pretty much just the traitor, since the smart first thing to do in that situation is kill a head.

Now, if they were actual keys, that would be better. Possibly a new neck slot, or just keep it in their pocket, or leave it in his room. If two physical keys are needed, then the traitor has to disable two heads and/or break into their rooms and hope they find it. Make them the old style keys to eliminate emagging and make it a locker, and your set.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: December 22, 2009, 11:31:02 pm »

I was thinking of something more along the lines of this:
Captain has pass code 1
Head 1 has pass code 2
Head 2 has pass code 3
Head 3 has pass code 4

In order for the doors to open, the captain and head 1,2, or 3 must input their pass codes within 1 minute of each other. The door CANNOT be emagged, hacked, or otherwise fucked with. The doors are powered by batteries however, and the captain/heads can swipe their card and replace the battery. The store room would probably also be protected by turrets inside of it which would make getting weapons hard. I'm thinking of a diagram sorta like this:

R R R R R R R
R R R R R R R
R R T T T R R
R R T L T R R
R R T T TR R
R R R D R R R
R R R P R R R
R R R D R R R

R is Reinforced walls
T is Turrets
D are the doors
P is the turret "panel" (can be turned off using the captains pass code so a militia/trusted people can also get weapons.)
L is the locker with the guns (requires a head/captain ID swipe.)

The back/side walls should probably be surrounded by space, and if not, they should be triple layered. Also, the turrets should automatically not shoot at anyone that can be recognized as a head or the captain. In order to prevent grief, they must have an original head/captain card, OR if they had their card taken they must be able to be identified (have no headgear on so instead of saying Unknown it says their name).

If a Greifer wants to get guns, they must:
A: break into EVA, steal a space suit, break into the chemist lab, make thermite, go into space, break through 2 R walls, not get shot by 8 turrets set to kill (cannot be set to stun), have a head/captain ID to get into the locker, and steal the guns.
B: break into the chemists lab, make thermite, break into the bridge (where else would you keep a gun locker?), break through 3 R walls, not get shot at by 8 turrets, have a head/captain ID to get into the locker, and steal the guns. (If they don't make thermite I'm pretty sure a captain/head would find them, and they would be in a whoooole lotta trouble)

This is NOT completely grief proof, but if it is grief proof, then it's also traitor proof. I believe the traitor should be able to get in, but only after doing extensive planning, and even then, there is a lot of risk involved.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: December 22, 2009, 11:33:09 pm »

But whats in there that would matter at that point?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: December 22, 2009, 11:50:11 pm »

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: December 23, 2009, 12:02:04 am »

Self Destruct button would be logical. Well, not logical, because having one of those buttons is not logical, but it would be damn awesome to go around as traitor, capture and torture all the heads of the station for their keycode, and then blow up the station.

Oh, yeah, going to want to make it so the AI can't access this.  :P

Oh yeah server is up.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: December 23, 2009, 12:06:44 am »

Well, for griefers, absolutely nothing, it would be retarded. For the traitor, FUCKING GUNS MAN! For the crew, the ultimate protection.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 950